Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Honda Accessories from Honda Japan I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 1:54 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Honda Accessories from Honda Japan I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Honda Accessories from Honda Japan I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Honda Accessories from Honda Japan I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Honda Accessories from Honda Japan I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Honda Accessories from Honda Japan I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Honda Accessories from Honda Japan I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Honda Accessories from Honda Japan I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Honda Accessories from Honda Japan I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Honda Accessories from Honda Japan I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Honda Accessories from Honda Japan

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SPEDDY069
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-06-02

Honda Accessories from Honda Japan Empty
PostSubject: Honda Accessories from Honda Japan   Honda Accessories from Honda Japan I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 5:22 pm

Hi All

Been riding my Swing every day now since I got it in May rain or shine. It's been an unbelievable experience. No problems and the only mod done was the GPS holder from Dennis B which worked out just great. Now I have been looking for a passenger backrest so my 7 yr old daughter can ride and I won't have a heart attack if I must react quickly and the scoot jumps and she falls backwards. I have taken her on short trips on Long Island here and she just loves it. Oh she will be a future Swing owner when she gets older. The thing is I just happened to see a video of the new Swing GT and on that website there is this great looking passenger backrest that I must have. I have tried to contact Honda USA but they only sell it in Japan for now.

Here is the link for the backrest. I hope that I can get it here in the US

http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCESS/motorcycles/SILVER_WING_GT/backrest/index.html

If anyone can help here would appreciate it..
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Honda Accessories from Honda Japan   Honda Accessories from Honda Japan I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 5:23 am

SPEEDY069,

Consider the GIVI TB-19 http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/878/288/

or if you'd like a top box combo - the backrests are sold separately http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productlist/418/

This is a cost effective solution to the Honda accessory, and has the benefit of availability.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
MaxB
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
MaxB

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Honda Accessories from Honda Japan   Honda Accessories from Honda Japan I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 11:17 am

On some forum (too much forum time) i read of a dealer in japan that would ship here. Boy I wish i could remember.

Anyway. maybe some of our members that live there could do a "buy and ship" for you.

FYI
I googled "honda 08f75-ewz-070"
I did a google on that part# and found some stores in Japan (cant read japanese) but that box sells for 46,310 Yen, that converts to $520.66. WOW and that doesn't include shipping. If you could find a dealer that would ship.

MaxB
Back to top Go down
SPEDDY069
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Honda Accessories from Honda Japan   Honda Accessories from Honda Japan I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 7:37 am

Thanks for the responses.

I did do the yen conversion also. My sister in law has a friend who is going home to Japan for a month and she said she will look into this for me. I hope that it can be bought cheaper because I really like the look of it. Also hoping it comes in the color of the scooter....Will keep you all posted on what happens
Back to top Go down
MaxB
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
MaxB

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Honda Accessories from Honda Japan   Honda Accessories from Honda Japan I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 8:25 am

Have your friend also get the bracket that goes for the silverwing along with the top box. I bought one from europe and it needed a bracket from the silverwing to the top case. also.
In other words everything to mount it.

It would be nice if she could get the name of a retailer that would ship here AND spoke english AND a phone #.

I know it's a lot to ask.
MaxB
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Honda Accessories from Honda Japan   Honda Accessories from Honda Japan I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Honda Accessories from Honda Japan
Page 1 of 1