Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
Air Hawk Seat Pad I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 5:41 pm

» I said Farewell...
Air Hawk Seat Pad I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Air Hawk Seat Pad I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Air Hawk Seat Pad I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Air Hawk Seat Pad I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Air Hawk Seat Pad I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Air Hawk Seat Pad I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Air Hawk Seat Pad I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Air Hawk Seat Pad I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Air Hawk Seat Pad I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Air Hawk Seat Pad

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Air Hawk Seat Pad Empty
PostSubject: Air Hawk Seat Pad   Air Hawk Seat Pad I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 10:49 pm

Hi,

My daughter and wife bought me an Air Hawk for Father's Day and I got to use it today. I rode to work, about 50 miles round trip, and the Air Hawk was really nice. I was using the Wal-mart gel pad, which is a very good pad for only $19, but the Air Hawk was a big improvement. I know it was only 50 miles but I can tell it is really going to be great on long rides. I plan on doing a 1,000 mile Saddle Sore at the end of July so this will really come in handy.

They ordered the Large Cruiser pad and it fits great. I think I had it filled a bit too much on the way to work, so on the way back home I pulled over and released some air, and it was more like they say to have it. They say you should only be about 1/2" above the seat when sitting. When there was too much air in it I felt like I was bouncing a bit. I'm sure I need to play with it a little more but it is really nice and worth the money, since I put a lot of miles on my SWing. It is about 2 yrs 3 months now and I have 23,700 miles on it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

Air Hawk Seat Pad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air Hawk Seat Pad   Air Hawk Seat Pad I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 7:52 am

Hi Jeff,

I'm thinking about getting one for my husband and me. Do you know where your wife/daughter purchased it?

Thanks,

M-
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Air Hawk Seat Pad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air Hawk Seat Pad   Air Hawk Seat Pad I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 8:42 am

Back to top Go down

Air Hawk Seat Pad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air Hawk Seat Pad   Air Hawk Seat Pad I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 10:10 am

Thanks, Dennis. I think I'm going to suprise my husband. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Bernardo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Bernardo

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-12-25

Air Hawk Seat Pad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air Hawk Seat Pad   Air Hawk Seat Pad I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 1:52 pm

Emeskay wrote:

Mandy,

Good tip here... Get the "medium" or "small" one..... Hubby will be super impressed, and his ego will get an extra massage... Cool

I myself have a "medium cruiser" which is perfectly adequate to accommodate my pert tushy. It fits nicely onto my S'wing saddle... Rolling Eyes

Of course some of us need to have a "large cruiser" to accommodate our nether regions....

Nevermind Jeff!
It must be terrible this getting old business....... Laughing

HA! Only joking!!! Laughing

I've had an air hawk seat for a while now, and for journeys over 50 miles it makes a big difference. I have mine set at the minimum amount of air to be "floating" above the seat. And the best bit is when I go out on my bike, I just transfer it across!! cheers
Back to top Go down

Air Hawk Seat Pad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air Hawk Seat Pad   Air Hawk Seat Pad I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 2:06 pm

Thanks, Bernardo

Hubby has a BMW R1100RT. He's 6'0, but is a long tall string bean. Do you think medium or small?

Mandy
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Air Hawk Seat Pad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air Hawk Seat Pad   Air Hawk Seat Pad I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 5:08 pm

Emeskay wrote:
Thanks, Bernardo

Hubby has a BMW R1100RT. He's 6'0, but is a long tall string bean. Do you think medium or small?

Mandy

http://www.therohostore.com/AIRHAWK-Motorcycle-Seat-Cushion-Fit-Chart.aspx

Search for "R1100RT"

I believe it says Front Medium.
Back to top Go down
Bernardo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Bernardo

Air Hawk Seat Pad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air Hawk Seat Pad   Air Hawk Seat Pad I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 6:18 pm

Emeskay wrote:
Thanks, Bernardo

Mandy

Like Bill suggests, you can check with BMW, however medium sounds about right...
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Air Hawk Seat Pad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air Hawk Seat Pad   Air Hawk Seat Pad I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 11:05 pm

Bernardo wrote:
Emeskay wrote:

I myself have a "medium cruiser" which is perfectly adequate to accommodate my pert tushy. It fits nicely onto my S'wing saddle... Rolling Eyes

Of course some of us need to have a "large cruiser" to accommodate our nether regions....
Nevermind Jeff! It must be terrible this getting old business....... Laughing HA! Only joking!!! Laughing

I've had an air hawk seat for a while now, and for journeys over 50 miles it makes a big difference. I have mine set at the minimum amount of air to be "floating" above the seat. And the best bit is when I go out on my bike, I just transfer it across!! cheers

Bernardo,

I didn't need to buy the "Large Cruiser" for my svelte super-model type body. I just wanted to make sure that if I ever did get to be 6' tall and 210 lbs that I would fit on it. :ROTF:

I know you were kidding and I was thinking of the medium but I thought I remembered others saying that the Large is what fits. But after about 100 miles it is really nice. It really makes the ride much smoother.

Now for my birthday coming up, I am asking for the power commander, and then we will race. :m/c:
Back to top Go down
Bernardo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Bernardo

Air Hawk Seat Pad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air Hawk Seat Pad   Air Hawk Seat Pad I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 3:07 pm

JeffR wrote:
Bernardo wrote:
Emeskay wrote:

Nevermind Jeff! It must be terrible this getting old business....... Laughing HA! Only joking!!! Laughing

Bernardo,

I didn't need to buy the "Large Cruiser" for my svelte super-model type body. I just wanted to make sure that if I ever did get to be 6' tall and 210 lbs that I would fit on it. :ROTF:

I know you were kidding and I was thinking of the medium but I thought I remembered others saying that the Large is what fits. But after about 100 miles it is really nice. It really makes the ride much smoother.

Now for my birthday coming up, I am asking for the power commander, and then we will race. :m/c:

Woah,

A challenge eh?

Love to.... Shame about the Atlantic being in the way.... I've often joked about if only we could get some warp core nacelles retro fitted, well, there's plenty of room for dilythium crystals under the seat... So then we could meet up in a matter of seconds... Need to make sure the "air-hawk" is well secured mind..... Ah well...... We can but dream......

Will have to make do with good old fashioned burning of fossil fuels for now!!!
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Air Hawk Seat Pad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air Hawk Seat Pad   Air Hawk Seat Pad I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 10:13 pm

Hey Bernardo,

That could be your next mod..retro fit your SWing with dilythium crystals.. and then have it dyno'd. small moped
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Air Hawk Seat Pad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air Hawk Seat Pad   Air Hawk Seat Pad I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 10:34 pm

[quote="JeffR"]Hey Bernardo,

That could be your next mod..retro fit your SWing with dilythium crystals.. and then have it dyno'd. small moped[/quote]

Just wondering... are dilythium crystals harder than rocks and if so, are they harder or softer than a Corbin seat?

I may be old and on medication, but there are some things I never forget. :ROTF:

Gary
Back to top Go down
Bernardo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Bernardo

Air Hawk Seat Pad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air Hawk Seat Pad   Air Hawk Seat Pad I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 1:41 am

Friends...

Live Long, and Prosper..... Rolling Eyes

Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Air Hawk Seat Pad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air Hawk Seat Pad   Air Hawk Seat Pad I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Air Hawk Seat Pad
Page 1 of 1