Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» I said Farewell...
Silverwiing.org Site Operational? I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Silverwiing.org Site Operational? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Silverwiing.org Site Operational? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
Silverwiing.org Site Operational? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Silverwiing.org Site Operational? I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Silverwiing.org Site Operational? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Silverwiing.org Site Operational? I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Silverwiing.org Site Operational? I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Silverwiing.org Site Operational? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Silverwiing.org Site Operational? I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Silverwiing.org Site Operational?

Go down 
+7
MikeO
model28a
JeffR_
Colin B
Gyro
joncallihan
Dimond
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Silverwiing.org Site Operational? Empty
PostSubject: Silverwiing.org Site Operational?   Silverwiing.org Site Operational? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 1:35 pm

Links that I have tried to the above site posted on THIS forum do not work. Is the Silverwing.org site still operational?
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Silverwiing.org Site Operational?   Silverwiing.org Site Operational? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 1:40 pm

I don't think so. In any case, I couldn't tell you -- I was banned there some time ago.

This Silverwing site is heads and shoulders better than the .org place in any case.

Jon :flower:
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
Gyro
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Gyro

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2013-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Silverwiing.org Site Operational?   Silverwiing.org Site Operational? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 1:47 pm

joncallihan wrote:
I don't think so. In any case, I couldn't tell you -- I was banned there some time ago.

This Silverwing site is heads and shoulders better than the .org place in any case.

Gotta agree with Jon. I never saw the .org site and I've only been a member here less than a month, but this is one of the finest bunch of reprobates and curmudgeons (and a few ladies) that I have ran across in quite a while! Razz Smile
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

PostSubject: Re: Silverwiing.org Site Operational?   Silverwiing.org Site Operational? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 1:53 pm

I agree that this is THE SWing site with none better - but this site has links to that other site - hoping that all the key info has been transferred over by now.
Back to top Go down
Colin B
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Colin B

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2013-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Silverwiing.org Site Operational?   Silverwiing.org Site Operational? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 2:12 pm

I can see a forum with that name. The front page has this ...

Welcome to my site dedicated to Honda's FJS600 (FSC600) Maxi Scooter for owners and enthusiasts.

Click picture or here to enter the SilverWing forum

This site was created on 12-Sep-2004 by John Cooper.

Clicking the picture opens the forum page. I clicked a couple of threads and they opened.

Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Silverwiing.org Site Operational?   Silverwiing.org Site Operational? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 2:55 pm

John, the owner of the .org site, doesn't allow any links to his site. If anyone posts a link from his site on this site..you will be taken to the front page of the site. I have been banned from his site and many others as well. He also tracks peoples IP addresses and no one can mention this site on his site.

I exchanged a few emails with him, when I first started this site, and he doesn't think too much of the members on his site really. I was surprised by the things he said.

But if you go to his site just don't try to mention this site. And if you do try to post anything with www.silverwing600.com it will just be x'd out in your posts. I think he has a mental disorder myself.

Dan, a mod here, really built that site and it was a very good site at one time. He even got banned.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Silverwiing.org Site Operational?   Silverwiing.org Site Operational? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 4:24 pm

His site is still up and running. It just worked for me. I have to agree with everyone though this is the only site that is worth reading.

PS.
After looking over the other site I did notice the following link which surprised me. After all he usually don't allow links to commercial sites. They do custom seat work, and are located in Jacksonville, FL if anyone cares.
http://www.sargentcycle.com/
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3790
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Silverwiing.org Site Operational?   Silverwiing.org Site Operational? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 5:25 pm

I don't go there any more; I wasn't banned but I didn't like the blatant 'Big Brother' attitude and the put-downs that seemed to occur so often.
As for the bans......!
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Silverwiing.org Site Operational?   Silverwiing.org Site Operational? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 6:44 pm

I was banded from that sight also....I do not miss it.
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

PostSubject: Re: Silverwiing.org Site Operational?   Silverwiing.org Site Operational? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 7:22 pm

FYI

Honda_Silver often references that site for prior work he has done - rather than re-inventing the wheel. When you click a 'link' you are indeed taken to the home page -not the topic. An easy way (it turns out) to get to the topic is to paste in the last part of the link beginning with .....\topic_show*******

And this gets you to the post.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

PostSubject: Re: Silverwiing.org Site Operational?   Silverwiing.org Site Operational? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 8:20 pm

Dimond, I guess I don't understand what you are saying. I can't seem to make it work. Here is the link I was referring to in my earlier post on custom seat work. What would I do to it to have it work?
http://silverwing.org/cgi-bin/topic_show.pl?tid=5328
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Silverwiing.org Site Operational?   Silverwiing.org Site Operational? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 8:55 pm

Those links to that site that are still on this site are very old.
Most of them don't work because as stated he doesn't want outside sources to link to his site.

There WERE two amazing things about that site:

1. JeffR's how-to tutorials for maintenance. Other people provided maintenance info also and I would say that 95% of all of it was moved here.

2. Links to all sorts of aftermarket parts and accessories for the Silverwing.
That was my specialty. Anything you wanted, you could pick any Silverwing part and every source for the item or info about the item was in one place.
100% of that stuff was copied off that site and the majority was posted here. However over time and with the economy some of that stuff is no longer available.
Eventually he deleted most or all of the Parts and Accessories section, and there is no longer any useful information there that you do not find here.

3. The physical structure of this site doesn't lend itself to an exclusive parts and accessories info only section. The important stuff however is still a part of this site.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Silverwiing.org Site Operational?   Silverwiing.org Site Operational? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 10:49 pm

Dan,

I remember when you were running that site and keep a huge library of parts and mods. It would take a week just to read all of it. How he could get you mad is something since you ran it. After you left and came here it went dead really.

We had a member that joined this site and made quite a few posts and was active. Then he sends me a PM saying he would not recommend this site to anyone and has not returned. When I reviewed all of his posts there is not one post, or a reply to his posts, that was negative. So he goes and joins the .org forum and makes a couple of posts. He got 1 response to each post, so that is only 2 responses in about a 2 week period. His introduction post here got over 80 responses to him joining but he left this site for some reason.

The other site hasn't had a post since the 17th. The .org site was by far the supreme SWing site anywhere, thanks to Dan. I was active on it and learned alot in my time there.
Back to top Go down
RamblinRedhead
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2013-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Silverwiing.org Site Operational?   Silverwiing.org Site Operational? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 7:29 am

It's good to have a little background. I joined there, and have nit been banned or anything - I quit checking the site because there was never anything really going on, and I know there are SilverWing owners out there!

I could kick myself for not digging deeper, and finding this site sooner. I am sorry there was such an unfortunate history with the other site, and that people here who are obviously good folks, and extremely knowledgeable about the SilverWing, got burned there.

To be honest, I haven't been back at all since coming here - this site has given me more information in a few weeks than the other did in several years. I also love the people here, from all over the place! I never chatted with folks from Australia before, or "from across the pond". That's been fun! I enjoy the ride reports, and most of all, the banter between people.

I guess even from bad, good can come eventually. Or as my wise Gram always said, "The cream always rises to the top." Thanks for all the folks who make this site what it is! I've totally been enjoying exploring it, and trying to take it all in.
Back to top Go down
DarthJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Silverwiing.org Site Operational?   Silverwiing.org Site Operational? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 10:58 am

Gyro wrote:
joncallihan wrote:

Gotta agree with Jon. I never saw the .org site and I've only been a member here less than a month, but this is one of the finest bunch of reprobates and curmudgeons (and a few ladies) that I have ran across in quite a while! Razz Smile

Love this site. Doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you love the Silverwing. It's like the Shadow Aero 750 forum; those reprobates don't care if you switch to a Victory, Harley, Kawasaki, whatever. Keep coming back and have fun.
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

PostSubject: Re: Silverwiing.org Site Operational?   Silverwiing.org Site Operational? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 11:38 am

model28a wrote:
Dimond, I guess I don't understand what you are saying. I can't seem to make it work.
http://silverwing.org/cgi-bin/topic_show.pl?tid=5328

Well I can't make it work either! Sorry about that. I had some success on some links - but not on many others.

You may wish to go to the side and search 'corbin seats' and see if anything you want pops up. I apologize for the confusion that I have created.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Silverwiing.org Site Operational?   Silverwiing.org Site Operational? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 12:45 pm

Save yourself a lot of trouble, look for Corbin seats here, at the Corbin web site and then buy a Russell Day Long. Shocked

Jon

:flower:
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

PostSubject: Re: Silverwiing.org Site Operational?   Silverwiing.org Site Operational? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 4:33 pm

No problem Dimond, I don't need any work done on my seat. I just was trying to learn something new. Smile And really don't need to link the other site as has been said not anything over there that's not here. In fact not as much there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silverwiing.org Site Operational?   Silverwiing.org Site Operational? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silverwiing.org Site Operational?
Page 1 of 1