Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sinko De Mayo
Hi from the Atlanta area I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 3:33 pm

» May 2024 forum picture
Hi from the Atlanta area I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 10:44 am

» checking the oil
Hi from the Atlanta area I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Hi from the Atlanta area I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Hi from the Atlanta area I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Hi from the Atlanta area I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Hi from the Atlanta area I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Hi from the Atlanta area I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Hi from the Atlanta area I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Hi from the Atlanta area I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hi from the Atlanta area

Go down 
+5
RArch
RamblinRedhead
Atrick
Darkeswinger
chindog
9 posters
AuthorMessage
chindog
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
chindog

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2013-03-27

Hi from the Atlanta area Empty
PostSubject: Hi from the Atlanta area   Hi from the Atlanta area I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 6:39 pm

Hello folks. I'm looking ahead to my next scooter, and considering a Silverwing. I'm joining up to ask questions and get an idea of all things involved with this model, such as ease of maintenance, options, farkle, performance, etc. I know my next scooter will be a maxi, because I'm not really satisfied with the limits of my current ride.

I drive an Aprilia Scarabeo 200, which is great on gas mileage, and serves me pretty well for the 35 mile drive to work. But, it's not really built for long weekend rides, and doesn't have the power to get on the interstate for any long hauls.

One of the things I really like about it, though, is the large wheels. The 16" rims make it a smooth ride.
Back to top Go down
Darkeswinger
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Darkeswinger

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Atlanta area   Hi from the Atlanta area I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 8:54 am

Welcome to the forum. Lots of help available here. The Silverwing should be enough excitement for most folks. I never get tired of riding it. It has been the easiest bike that I ever owned.

I never worry about the mechanics of the bike, since I keep up with the common sense maint items. Mine was used and had some scars on the plastics parts, but I never see the scratches while I'm riding.

Enjoy the hunt!
Back to top Go down
Atrick
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Atrick

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2012-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Atlanta area   Hi from the Atlanta area I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 9:24 am

Hi & welcome to the forum. Going down in wheel size isn't too much a problem. Yes, a bit bumpier on a rough road & doesn't ride over potholes so well (best to avoid them anyway) but the better suspension more than makes up for it. I traded up from a SH300i six months ago and find the Swing very comfortable & relaxing to ride, especially on a long run. Cool
Back to top Go down
RamblinRedhead
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2013-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Atlanta area   Hi from the Atlanta area I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 11:58 am

Welcome! I'm in Norfolk, Virginia, but ride down every year to visit my brother, who lives north of Atlanta. We ride all over the place up in North Georgia - and the Silverwing has been perfect for the freeway ride down, as well as in the mountains. Mine has been on the Washington, DC beltway, the Pennsylvania Turnpike, and up and down a lot of the east coast. I started out on a Honda Elite 250, had a VStrom 650 motorcycle, and a Yamaha Majesty 400. The SWing has been perfect for me. I've ridden a lot of other scooters, and without owning more than one, could not have a better fit for all the types of riding I do (long distance, twisties for fun, daily commuting). My brother in Atlanta has a Helix 250, which is a blast - but he only does secondary roads with it, not highways. The SWing will get out and run with the big dogs (he also has an ST1300, and I keep up quite well).

Welcome, hope you find the info you're looking for. Nice people here, lots of wisdom too.
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2011-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Atlanta area   Hi from the Atlanta area I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 12:07 pm

welcome
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcmodeltalk.co.uk
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2011-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Atlanta area   Hi from the Atlanta area I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 2:57 pm

Hi Chindog, I own an 03 silverwing and live in Atlanta (North Druid Hills) and I ride mine to Peachtree City practically every weekday. It's about a 90 mile round trip commute. Watch out for those Atlanta drivers!

Jesse in Atlanta
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Hi from the Atlanta area 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Atlanta area   Hi from the Atlanta area I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 3:53 pm

welcome
Back to top Go down
ScootRGuy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2013-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Atlanta area   Hi from the Atlanta area I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 4:09 pm

welcome chindog, glad you found the site! I've only had my 2004 SW since the 5th of February, so far I've found it to be everything I need. You may want to add some farkle, it's not hard to do!

Gary
Back to top Go down
Nowun
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Nowun

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2012-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Atlanta area   Hi from the Atlanta area I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 6:54 pm

Hi there Chindog!
Back to top Go down
chindog
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
chindog

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2013-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Atlanta area   Hi from the Atlanta area I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 8:49 pm

Thanks for the welcome, everyone! And, I've got a better feeling toward the smaller wheels. I'm going on a group ride on Saturday, and at least one of the riders will be on a SW. I'm looking forward to a nice chat, and maybe an opportunity to actually sit on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Atlanta area   Hi from the Atlanta area I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi from the Atlanta area
Page 1 of 1