Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hi there guys
Dr Pully Sliders I_icon_minitimeby Kenjls Today at 7:20 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Dr Pully Sliders I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:14 am

» Rear shock longevity
Dr Pully Sliders I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:10 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Dr Pully Sliders I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Dr Pully Sliders I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Dr Pully Sliders I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Dr Pully Sliders I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Dr Pully Sliders I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Dr Pully Sliders I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Dr Pully Sliders I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Dr Pully Sliders

Go down 
+6
stanly
drstoney
Dimond
micbusathens
The Scootist
BillScooterDude
10 posters
AuthorMessage
BillScooterDude
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
BillScooterDude

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2012-09-22

Dr Pully Sliders Empty
PostSubject: Dr Pully Sliders   Dr Pully Sliders I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 3:47 pm

Hello Follow Silver Wingers

I recently ordered Dr Pully 28x20 22GR slider wieghts from two differeny compancies Monster Scooter and Scooter Dynasty. Both compancies state they have been discontinued. I find it hard to believe so I'm reaching out to the forum members to help me find the slider wieghts.

I have a 2003 Silver Wing with 7800 miles.

Does anyone know of some compancies that still carry Dr Pully 28x20 22GR slider wieghts?

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks Bill
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Dr Pully Sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Pully Sliders   Dr Pully Sliders I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 4:51 pm

Bill: I got my 22g sliders from Buggyparts NW. Here is the web link:

http://www.buggypartsnw.com/home?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=386&category_id=32

Last edited by The Scootist on Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
micbusathens
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
micbusathens

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2012-04-05

Dr Pully Sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Pully Sliders   Dr Pully Sliders I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 5:03 pm

Contact them.As you can see they do start from 23 gr.I have 28 gr and they are much better than the OEM ones.Better launches...better acceleration ...no top speed rev limiter.........http://www.drpulley.info/shop/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=honda+silverwing
Back to top Go down
BillScooterDude
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
BillScooterDude

Dr Pully Sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Pully Sliders   Dr Pully Sliders I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 6:09 pm

Thank you Scootist I just ordered them, can't wait to get em! Smile
Back to top Go down
BillScooterDude
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
BillScooterDude

Dr Pully Sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Pully Sliders   Dr Pully Sliders I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 6:10 pm

That's what I like about the forum someone is always welling to help. THAN YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Dr Pully Sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Pully Sliders   Dr Pully Sliders I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 6:15 pm

9erfan wrote:

Does anyone know of some compancies that still carry Dr Pully 28x20 22GR slider wieghts?

Thanks Bill

I bought mine (24 gr) on eBay about a year ago from SB_PERFORMANCE_USA. I just went on ebay and put in the following seach terms - Dr Pulley Silverwing - and up poped the following available weights: 21, 24, 26, 28 GR - did not see a 22 GR. Today's price is about the same as what I paid. If I had to buy another set I think that maybe I would try out the 21 GR - but the 24 GR are a kick. Lately I have been waiting until the clutch engages BEFORE twisting the throttle full open if I need to do a quick take off. The reason for this is that I think (in my opnion - not totally sure I am correct) that the clutch gets more glazed and more out of alignment when I instantly twist the throttle 100% open from a standing stop - I base this opinion on fact that my clutch makes a lot more noise, has increased shudder, and maybe gets a bit out of alignment when I repeatably do quick starts BEFORE allowing the cluch to engage. Let us know where you buy them and how they work out for you - good luck!
Back to top Go down
BillScooterDude
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
BillScooterDude

Dr Pully Sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Pully Sliders   Dr Pully Sliders I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 12:02 am

Dimond, I will and thank you for the info
Back to top Go down
drstoney
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-06-03

Dr Pully Sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Pully Sliders   Dr Pully Sliders I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 6:15 pm

9erfan wrote:

I recently ordered Dr Pully 28x20 22GR slider wieghts from two differeny compancies Monster Scooter and Scooter Dynasty. Both compancies state they have been discontinued. I find it hard to believe so I'm reaching out to the forum members to help me find the slider wieghts.

I have a 2003 Silver Wing with 7800 miles.

BUGGY PARTS NW HAVE THEM; I JUST ORDERED SOM 24 GR
Thanks Bill
Back to top Go down
stanly
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2013-04-05

Dr Pully Sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Pully Sliders   Dr Pully Sliders I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 7:24 pm

The Scootist wrote:
Bill: I got my 22g sliders from Buggyparts NW.  Here is the web link:

http://www.buggypartsnw.com/home?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=386&category_id=32

My question is I also found these as a suggestion, so what do they do and is it good idea to install at same time? (notice- only 4 to a pack)
https://www.buggypartsnw.com/index.php/dr-pulley-variator-slide-piece-2820-w.html
Back to top Go down
Mudnman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2014-01-15

Dr Pully Sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Pully Sliders   Dr Pully Sliders I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 8:22 pm

What Dr. Pulley are calling "slide pieces" (the four guides that the variator backing plate slides back and forth on) are called "patinos".Ive heard on other scoots they sometimes stick.Id stay stock,IMO
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Dr Pully Sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Pully Sliders   Dr Pully Sliders I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 10:53 am

Mudnman wrote:
What Dr. Pulley are calling "slide pieces" (the four guides that the variator backing plate slides back and forth on) are called "patinos".Ive heard on other scoots they sometimes stick.Id stay stock,IMO

The slide pieces from Dr. Pulley are made of a low friction plastic type compound. In my experience they are much less likely to bind or stick than the stock Honda slide pieces. I installed them in my variator and they work as advertised, no sticking. I'd recommend them.
Back to top Go down
bjkaraoke
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2014-03-08

Dr Pully Sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Pully Sliders   Dr Pully Sliders I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 3:19 pm

Thanks to this forum I was able to get the 26g Dr Pulley slider weights and the slide pieces for my Scooter. Got a new belt and installed the lot in about 45 minutes this morning thanks to a video that was also posted. Belt was beyond limits at .99 inches and I was warned the variator light would come on but it hasnt. Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Dr Pully Sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Pully Sliders   Dr Pully Sliders I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 5:55 pm

bjkaraoke wrote:
<>Belt was beyond limits at .99 inches and I was warned the variator light would come on but it hasnt.

The belt is extremely difficult to accurately measure. If the belt was beyond limits the variator light would have come on because the worn belt would have slipped in the variator relative to the crankshaft rpm.

However you've obviated any belt problems by replacing yours, so relax and enjoy your new ride. i'm sure you'll be impressed with your Dr Pulley sliders.

Tim
Back to top Go down
bjkaraoke
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2014-03-08

Dr Pully Sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Pully Sliders   Dr Pully Sliders I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 7:41 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
bjkaraoke wrote:
<>Belt was beyond limits at .99 inches and I was warned the variator light would come on but it hasnt.

The belt is extremely difficult to accurately measure. If the belt was beyond limits the variator light would have come on because the worn belt would have slipped in the variator relative to the crankshaft rpm.

However you've obviated any belt problems by replacing yours, so relax and enjoy your new ride. i'm sure you'll be impressed with your Dr Pulley sliders.

Tim
Well I did use a digital micrometer so I dont know how much more accurate you can get. Was getting lots of shudder and squeeling.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Dr Pully Sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Pully Sliders   Dr Pully Sliders I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 11:09 pm

bjkaraoke wrote:

Well I did use a digital micrometer so I dont know how much more accurate you can get.  

There's digital verniers from Harbor Freight, and then there's digital verniers from Mitutoyo.

Regardless, it's not the device you use to measure the belt wear, it's where on the belt the reading is taken. It's difficult to get the exact sweet spot to take your reading. That's where the inaccuracy rears its ugly head.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dr Pully Sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Pully Sliders   Dr Pully Sliders I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dr Pully Sliders
Page 1 of 1