Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
I think my engine blew up :( - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mighty Mouse Today at 4:47 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
I think my engine blew up :( - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
I think my engine blew up :( - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
I think my engine blew up :( - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
I think my engine blew up :( - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
I think my engine blew up :( - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
I think my engine blew up :( - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
I think my engine blew up :( - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
I think my engine blew up :( - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
I think my engine blew up :( - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

I think my engine blew up :(

Go down 
+12
JeffR_
Silverwing28681
exavid
Cosmic_Jumper
WingMan02
papa johns
SCTLVR
Dimond
tarmacburner2
RArch
DennisB
acworthpatrick
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
acworthpatrick
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2011-03-28

I think my engine blew up :( - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: I think my engine blew up :(   I think my engine blew up :( - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 2:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well coming home from families house on Christmas eve my oil pressure symbol lite up while I was on the freeway, I immediately slowed down and pulled off to the shoulder but I could hear it knocking and actually could feel it then the engine suddenly stalled out and died. I checked the oil and it looked funny but wasn't low, looked almost a gold color. When I tried to start it again the clicking noise like the battery was low is all I was getting. I called progressive roadside assistance and had it towed home.

The battery isn't dead though, I took the belt cover off and cannot turn the engine with a breaker bar per my neighbors suggestion. I don't understand how it can blow up like that without any problems before hand. With Christmas bills and all I am just going to ride the Aprilia for a while and get it looked at in a while but I am pretty sure I am screwed anyway so I might try to take things apart myself. I don't think i could possible make it worse. Evil or Very Mad

Has anyone had to do any major work on the engine before, and did I do something that caused this? The water temperature was normal when it happened, for that matter its never overheated before either. Just at a loss and broken hearted that my baby is sick.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2011-05-13

PostSubject: Re: I think my engine blew up :(   I think my engine blew up :( - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 12:52 pm

Whoo Hoo! 72 in Atlanta too!

Jesse
Back to top Go down
acworthpatrick
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: I think my engine blew up :(   I think my engine blew up :( - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 12:55 pm

Cool! Another person from Atlanta. I live just north of Atlanta in Acworth
Back to top Go down
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2011-05-13

PostSubject: Re: I think my engine blew up :(   I think my engine blew up :( - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 1:09 pm

I live inside the perimeter (ITP) in North Druid Hills.

Jesse
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: I think my engine blew up :(   I think my engine blew up :( - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 4:38 pm

80 right now hear. cheers
Back to top Go down
Silverwing28681
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Silverwing28681

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2012-08-16

PostSubject: Re: I think my engine blew up :(   I think my engine blew up :( - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 6:14 pm

Truth is here in the south winters are mild and us riders can ride year round! Which is nice
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: I think my engine blew up :(   I think my engine blew up :( - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 10:09 pm

Most of the West Coast is year 'round riding with the exception of a week or two here and there and depending on how much rain you can tolerate.
Back to top Go down
acworthpatrick
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: I think my engine blew up :(   I think my engine blew up :( - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 11:23 am

I rode her home yesterday and to work this morning. Leaving half a day to let them look at it since there is a little oil dripping from somewhere up towards the gas tank, I am assuming a valve cover gasket. Otherwise so far so good. This engine starts faster than the old one or maybe its in my head lol.....

Happy!!!!
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2011-11-07

PostSubject: Re: I think my engine blew up :(   I think my engine blew up :( - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:52 pm

woohoo back on the road Smile

That oil leak maybe coming for the rubber seal where the stator wires exit the casing, there are some posts on here about it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcmodeltalk.co.uk
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: I think my engine blew up :(   I think my engine blew up :( - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 3:41 pm

The drip could be just be from a spill on the plate under the drain plug. Not uncommon, try to wipe the plate and then watch and see if it still drips.
Back to top Go down
acworthpatrick
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: I think my engine blew up :(   I think my engine blew up :( - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 4:57 pm

Just left the shop again, such nice guys there. It was coming from a hose under the oil filter that goes to the cooler. She's all good now and running like a champ. Going to ride it to work again tomorrow Smile
Back to top Go down
Silverwing28681
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Silverwing28681

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2012-08-16

PostSubject: Re: I think my engine blew up :(   I think my engine blew up :( - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 7:43 pm

acworthpatrick wrote:
Just left the shop again, such nice guys there. It was coming from a hose under the oil filter that goes to the cooler. She's all good now and running like a champ. Going to ride it to work again tomorrow Smile

great so glad you are back up and running !

Back to top Go down
acworthpatrick
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: I think my engine blew up :(   I think my engine blew up :( - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 9:08 am

Sweet it was so warm yesterday I ended up putting almost 300 miles on the Silverwing and she's running like a champ. Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: I think my engine blew up :(   I think my engine blew up :( - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 10:07 am

Glad to hear you got the Silverwing back on the road.

I bet he didn't put a Fram filter on it!

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
acworthpatrick
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: I think my engine blew up :(   I think my engine blew up :( - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 10:08 am

LOL!

I put a Honda genuine filter on her and will for now on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think my engine blew up :(   I think my engine blew up :( - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I think my engine blew up :(
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2