Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Front turn signals do not work I_icon_minitimeby Mighty Mouse Today at 4:47 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Front turn signals do not work I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Front turn signals do not work I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Front turn signals do not work I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Front turn signals do not work I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Front turn signals do not work I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Front turn signals do not work I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Front turn signals do not work I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Front turn signals do not work I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Front turn signals do not work I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Front turn signals do not work

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
WingMan02
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
WingMan02

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2012-01-19

Front turn signals do not work Empty
PostSubject: Front turn signals do not work   Front turn signals do not work I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 11:59 pm

Has this happened to anyone? Just got home from work and learned that both my front turn signals are not working. I have not made any recent changes. The rear turn signals and the signal indicator on the console flashes rapidly. When I press the starter switch with the signal on, the front signals flash alternately with the selected side brighter. Also when I press the starter switch, the flashing slows down back to the normal rate. My driving lights mounted on DennisB's light bar also stop working the same time. I use DennisB's front connector. Is there a fuse that controls just the front turn signals. BTW - the low and high beam works fine.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Front turn signals do not work   Front turn signals do not work I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 3:17 pm

Hello,

I would try unhooking the Head light power connector (temporarily taking it out of the system) and plugging the two original Honda front connectors back together to see if that makes things right with your scooter.

If it turns out to be the Headlight power connector I will send you a new one at no cost.
Back to top Go down
WingMan02
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
WingMan02

PostSubject: Re: Front turn signals do not work   Front turn signals do not work I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 4:35 pm

Thanks Dennis,
I will try it tonight when I get home.
Back to top Go down
WingMan02
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
WingMan02

PostSubject: Re: Front turn signals do not work   Front turn signals do not work I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 3:12 am

Dennis,
It was the power tap. Sent you a PM.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Front turn signals do not work   Front turn signals do not work I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 7:52 am

I'll send out a replacement unit in today's mail.sunny

Thank You for your purchase.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Front turn signals do not work   Front turn signals do not work I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 12:16 pm

Hi Wayne,

Your replacement unit is in the mail. sunny
Back to top Go down
WingMan02
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
WingMan02

PostSubject: Re: Front turn signals do not work   Front turn signals do not work I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 12:43 pm

Aloha Dennis,
Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Front turn signals do not work   Front turn signals do not work I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 6:32 pm

As we all here know, Dennis is a stand up guy, and backs up his products 100% --unlike many other vendors we've had dealings with from time-to-time.

But just out of curiosity, what could possibly go wrong with a power tap to cause such an odd malfunction with turn signals?

It's not as if a power tap is an actual circuit, with components that might fail.

Back to top Go down
WingMan02
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
WingMan02

PostSubject: Re: Front turn signals do not work   Front turn signals do not work I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 2:23 am

Dennis,
Aloha and thank you very much for sending me a replacement headlight power tap. I got it today, and installed it after getting home from work. Hurray!! I am back to using my running lights. I sent you a PM. Again thanks for the speedy response.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Front turn signals do not work   Front turn signals do not work I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 9:23 am

Hi Wayne,

Your very welcome. I've try to make improvements to my products as time goes by. The feedback that you and all my friends here provide, is important to me and help make the products better.

Thank You!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front turn signals do not work   Front turn signals do not work I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Front turn signals do not work
Page 1 of 1