Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Short pre-ride to Prescott, AZ I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 1:54 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Short pre-ride to Prescott, AZ I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Short pre-ride to Prescott, AZ I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Short pre-ride to Prescott, AZ I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Short pre-ride to Prescott, AZ I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Short pre-ride to Prescott, AZ I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Short pre-ride to Prescott, AZ I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Short pre-ride to Prescott, AZ I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Short pre-ride to Prescott, AZ I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Short pre-ride to Prescott, AZ I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Short pre-ride to Prescott, AZ

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2540
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Short pre-ride to Prescott, AZ Empty
PostSubject: Short pre-ride to Prescott, AZ   Short pre-ride to Prescott, AZ I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 8:13 am

Sunday I took a ride to Prescott to tune up for a longer ride planned for NEXT Sunday. Also I wanted to try out my new buttrest to backrest conversion!

I left early about 6:30 am due to the heat and headed into the mountains; I am finding the Wing does really well on the twisties now that I am used to it. A bit different than a motorcycle but I like it fine! No lugging the gears, just grab some throttle and accelerate out of turns! Works great.

Short pre-ride to Prescott, AZ Elephant

Peeples Valley Arizona about 35 min from Wickenburg!

Short pre-ride to Prescott, AZ Ghm

A picture taken near the entrance to Prescott! A bicyclist I met took the picture for me!

I rode around Prescott a bit then head back down the mountain "the back way" through Skull Valley, AZ. Beautiful but less twisties.

Short pre-ride to Prescott, AZ Cem

This is a neat little cemetery that sits all alone on a mountain top just outside Skull Valley. Very scenic and quiet!

Short pre-ride to Prescott, AZ Sv

A neat little museum in Skull Valley; I did not get to check it out as it was not open but will at a later date!

The buttrest conversion is a success, much better for me than stock. The seat is not perfect but at least much better! The bike ran great and got 55 mpg overall, it just keeps getting better as it breaks in! First tank was 51, 2nd was 52 and now 55.3. Color me happy! It hasn't used a drop of oil and is now almost ready for its first oil and filter change!!!

Hope you enjoyed this little trip and I should have many more after this coming Sunday!
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Short pre-ride to Prescott, AZ 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Short pre-ride to Prescott, AZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short pre-ride to Prescott, AZ   Short pre-ride to Prescott, AZ I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 12:31 am

Thanks Glenn; my vicarious riding partner. motorcycle
Back to top Go down

Short pre-ride to Prescott, AZ
Page 1 of 1