Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
Knoxville, TN area I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Knoxville, TN area I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Knoxville, TN area I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Knoxville, TN area I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Knoxville, TN area I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Knoxville, TN area I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Knoxville, TN area I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Knoxville, TN area I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Knoxville, TN area I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Knoxville, TN area I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Knoxville, TN area

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

Knoxville, TN area Empty
PostSubject: Knoxville, TN area   Knoxville, TN area I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 6:58 pm

Been in Knoxville the last four days. Bob and I have rode 1400 miles so far.

Yesterday we were in Eastern, TN, NC, VA, and KY for a 400 mile ride. We did the Snake in Shady Valley, TN 400 plus curves in 10 miles. Very nice roads through out our entire day of riding. The nice thing about the Snake iit isn't as crowded as the Dragon in NC.

Weather has been good.

"Hi Yo" can you believe I haven't been rained on yet. Hope it stays that way.

Today, I have officially rode over 20,000 miles since I got my SW 21 months ago. cheers

Catch you all later. swing
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Knoxville, TN area Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knoxville, TN area   Knoxville, TN area I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 7:47 pm

Hi Cathy,

Sure sounds like your having a great time. I just wish I could have met you both in TN and gone riding. small moped

I'm looking forward to going camping with you and Bob in Aug. Things will be better for me then. cheers
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Knoxville, TN area 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Knoxville, TN area Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knoxville, TN area   Knoxville, TN area I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 10:39 pm

Hey Cathy, That sounds great. 20,000 miles in 21 months and you live in Chicago where you can't ride year round. I'm impressed. cheers Actually I got rained on today. It was just a brief shower and the splashing from cars was more than the rain.

Last edited by "Hi Yo" on Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

Knoxville, TN area Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knoxville, TN area   Knoxville, TN area I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 10:50 pm

CathyN wrote:

"Hi Yo" can you believe I haven't been rained on yet. Hope it stays that way.
Today, I have officially rode over 20,000 miles since I got my SW 21 months ago. cheers
swing
I wish you would not have temped fate be saying it hadn't rained on you. Evil or Very Mad I will pray for it to stay that way for you.
Congratulations on reaching 20,000 miles almost 1,000 a month. Allot of people don't do that many miles in five even ten years. You go girl. cheers
I hope the rest of your trip is as nice as it has been so far. Keep the rubber side down, the shiny side up and have safe ride for the rest of your trip.
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Knoxville, TN area Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knoxville, TN area   Knoxville, TN area I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 10:56 pm

Thank's Guys,

We have been riding everyday. We switch off from a long day to a shorter riding day. Today was a long day.

We rode down into Georgia today about a 100 miles in the NW section just south of the TN, NC border. We then came up the Cherahale Skyway on the way back to Knoxville. This road is from Robbinsville, NC to Telico Plains, TN. Very scenic, twisty at times, sweepers, not too crowded.
We rode 380 miles today. It was worth it.

Temps were in the 70's up to the low 90's depending on where we were riding. We did get a sprinkle on us around Robbinsville, NC. For like 2 minutes. No complaint here.
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Knoxville, TN area Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knoxville, TN area   Knoxville, TN area I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:40 pm

Well, trip came to a halt tonight. Sad Bob's BMW's rear wheel bearing seal blew while we were coming over the top of Great Smokey Mt. NP tonight. Had to have it towed to the house we are renting. The plan was to go home tomorrow. Being Saturday, and the closest BMW dealer is in Chattanooga, TN about a hundred miles from Knoxville. We have decided to rent a U haul and put both bikes in it and drive home. Hopefully we will be able to rent one tomorrow. We both need to get back to work on Monday.

Other than this dilemma we have had a good trip. Rode about 2400 miles in all.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

Knoxville, TN area Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knoxville, TN area   Knoxville, TN area I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 6:54 pm

Cathy to bad about Bob's seal all was going so well. Sad I hope you get home in time tomorrow for a little rest before you have to go to work Monday. At least it happened at the end of your trip and you got to have a lot of good miles first.
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Knoxville, TN area Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knoxville, TN area   Knoxville, TN area I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 11:27 am

Thanks, model28.

Got home yesterday. Took 11 hours in the truck to go 580 miles. Bob will get his bike over to his mechanic and have it fixed. Hopefully in time for a our next trip in July. We are heading to OH, WV and PA.

We did have a great time. We had great weather through out the week
With only one 20 minute down pour. Bob was in the tow truck. I was hanging out at the Visitor Center in Great Smoky Mountain NP. We were not riding so we stayed dry and safe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Knoxville, TN area Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knoxville, TN area   Knoxville, TN area I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Knoxville, TN area
Page 1 of 1