Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Corbin Seat More Leg Room I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Corbin Seat More Leg Room I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Corbin Seat More Leg Room I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Corbin Seat More Leg Room I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Today at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Corbin Seat More Leg Room I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Corbin Seat More Leg Room I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Corbin Seat More Leg Room I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Corbin Seat More Leg Room I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Corbin Seat More Leg Room I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

» Overheat problem
Corbin Seat More Leg Room I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Corbin Seat More Leg Room

Go down 
+4
larryinseattle
carlosw
honda_silver
bigi2000
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bigi2000
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-04-01

Corbin Seat More Leg Room Empty
PostSubject: Corbin Seat More Leg Room   Corbin Seat More Leg Room I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 7:46 pm

I am 6 ft 2 inches tall and am considering buying a corbin seat to get more leg room. I have already made the butt pad into a back rest. How much more legroom would a corbin seat provide. I am interested in any thoughts on the matter thanks
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat More Leg Room   Corbin Seat More Leg Room I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 1:49 am

bigi2000 wrote:
I am 6 ft 2 inches tall and am considering buying a corbin seat to get more leg room.

Gatesville is not that far away.

bigi2000 wrote:
I have already made the butt pad into a back rest.

I do not have a Corbin, but I do have a Utopia backrest which I believe sits further back then the buttrest or raised buttrest.
Back to top Go down
bigi2000
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: thanks   Corbin Seat More Leg Room I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 3:21 pm

Yep, just down I 35 another silverwing here in fort gates. One of these days we may have to go for a ride
Back to top Go down
carlosw
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
carlosw

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat More Leg Room   Corbin Seat More Leg Room I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 12:16 am

Any data on this? I am also interested since i am also 6'2" and would like more leg room.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat More Leg Room   Corbin Seat More Leg Room I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 11:45 am

carlosw wrote:
Any data on this? I am also interested since i am also 6'2" and would like more leg room.

Here is a picture of the Silverwing with Utopia backrest with the buttrest removed
Corbin Seat More Leg Room Swbarcover

I believe the Utopia backrest provides the maximum legroom.

If you want to understand or measure the amount of room remove your buttrest and sit on the seat ... then slide all the way back till your back is completely perpendicular to the highest point of the driver seat.

I have an Air Hawk and Alaskan Sheepskin which raises me up and I can use all of the available space with full leg room. I even have my Utopia backrest screw near the maximum position ... at the minimum position you would even have more legroom.

Afterwards you can drill out the remaining plastic pieces for better comfort.
Back to top Go down
carlosw
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
carlosw

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat More Leg Room   Corbin Seat More Leg Room I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 12:20 pm

Thank you and I guess I can try removing the buttrest then and see how I fit, if comfortable enough, etc.. I am not interested in having a backrest or anything else really. I would not mind being a little higher on the seat either, can the Airhawk cushion be secured to the seat?
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat More Leg Room   Corbin Seat More Leg Room I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 1:17 pm

carlosw wrote:
I would not mind being a little higher on the seat either, can the Airhawk cushion be secured to the seat?

Two straps (front and back)
Corbin Seat More Leg Room Pic_cruiserstrap_medium

Back to top Go down
bigi2000
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat More Leg Room   Corbin Seat More Leg Room I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 3:17 pm

I called corbin, and the said that corbin seat could be extended out to 21 and a half inches long, and is 17 and half inches wide. the stock seat without the butt rest is roughly 19 to 19 and half inches long. Corbin did say that they could make the seat longer, but then a backrest could not be installed. You might try to find someone to install highpegs or floorboards on your scooter. I have been looking buy know one want the job. Head on this site that a guy in tennessee will do it. Have not found anyone in texas
Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2010-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat More Leg Room   Corbin Seat More Leg Room I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 2:31 am

I have a corbin on m swing. It gives you a little more room but if you are looking to be able to straighten out your legs against the front end, you better be 5'8" or shorter. I am 5'11" and I can not straighten my legs out.

The seat is definitely more comfortable. I can do more miles on the bike due to the corbin.

Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat More Leg Room   Corbin Seat More Leg Room I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 7:24 pm

I am 6'2" tall 220 lbs. and almost 79 years old. I would like more leg room without a lot of expense. I looked at the responses but may have missed the best solution to the problem. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat More Leg Room   Corbin Seat More Leg Room I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 7:52 pm

I still have the kuryakyn Switchblade freeway pegs and mounts for sale. $100+ shipping takes em.

You can see some pictures of how they are mounted in my album linked to in my sig.
(some of my pics have the switchblades and some the cruiserboards but they are the same mount.)
Units are chrome with black rubber and in decent but not perfect condition.
The nice thing about these mounts is the arms that hold the pegs can be rotated to your preferred position, and the pegs themselves also angled to your preferred position.
This gives you lots of choices to find what's right for you.

I will be putting these on ebay next week, at auction with a starting bid of 100+ shipping, so if you want them, tell me now. Its cheaper than buying a new or used custom seat.

Dan
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat More Leg Room   Corbin Seat More Leg Room I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 4:33 pm

I do know some of you Forum members have the "Corbin" seat with just the front back rest. Can you give me the best source of purchase. I would like one in black with the red welts sewn in. I have a "Bestem" T-box so would not want the rear back rest.

Thank you
Back to top Go down
Silver Dave K
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2014-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat More Leg Room   Corbin Seat More Leg Room I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 7:24 pm

I ordered mine from Corbin.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat More Leg Room   Corbin Seat More Leg Room I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 8:24 pm

www.corbin.com
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat More Leg Room   Corbin Seat More Leg Room I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 11:14 pm

A person can get more leg room by moving the butt support or installing a thinner rest. I would do this marginally as the bars should move back as well to keep upright riding position. I'm 5' 11 and a couple inches rearward would be a luxury but I would have to lean into the bars. My thoughts.
Back to top Go down

Corbin Seat More Leg Room
Page 1 of 1