Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memorial DAY.
Corbin Seat I_icon_minitimeby oldwingguy Today at 10:14 pm

» Introduction, because it's the right thing to do.
Corbin Seat I_icon_minitimeby Loosebearing Today at 6:43 pm

» DennisB satnav mount wanted (Calling Meldrew!)
Corbin Seat I_icon_minitimeby Seadog Today at 5:49 pm

» Dr Pulley High Performance Variator Kit For Sale
Corbin Seat I_icon_minitimeby Loosebearing Today at 5:44 pm

» Schuberth!
Corbin Seat I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 1:40 am

» 2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales.
Corbin Seat I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Yesterday at 11:06 pm

» DR Pully and Rider weight...
Corbin Seat I_icon_minitimeby Lost it Yesterday at 7:30 am

» Brake Bleeding Nightmare
Corbin Seat I_icon_minitimeby The Bern Yesterday at 7:08 am

» A nice ride out
Corbin Seat I_icon_minitimeby GoonerKev Yesterday at 6:48 am

» Fantastic RAM Phone Mount
Corbin Seat I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 3:03 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Corbin Seat

Go down 
AuthorMessage
docjones
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2011-10-12

Corbin Seat Empty
PostSubject: Corbin Seat   Corbin Seat I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2018 3:46 pm

So I purchased a used Corbin seat on Craigslist. Payed $225.00 and it is as close to perfect as it could be. This is for my wife's Swing and we got it because she tried one out years ago and it let her put both feet on the ground. She loves it so far but it is really heavy and the stock strut will not hold it up. Has anyone found a stronger strut and maybe a little longer. The stock strut will not allow the seat to open very far either. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks Tom
Back to top Go down
joebillybobinark
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2017-04-19

Corbin Seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat   Corbin Seat I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2018 4:32 pm

My Corbin included a replacement strut. Even with the stronger strut the seat does not open as far as OEM. I might consider using a long 1x1 as a seat open support and eliminate the strut completely.
I'm not sure if Corbin offers a replacement strut for their seats but mine is definately heavier.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
EvilTwin
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
EvilTwin

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2017-05-30

Corbin Seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat   Corbin Seat I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2018 8:39 pm

I ordered this strut off Amazon earlier this year.  I think I had to drill out the eyelet a bit, but it works fine and is a higher weight rating than the original.   It should work for your new seat. And its pretty cheap too.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007PP32B2/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Back to top Go down
joebillybobinark
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Corbin Seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat   Corbin Seat I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2018 9:12 pm

EvilTwin wrote:
I ordered this strut off Amazon earlier this year.  I think I had to drill out the eyelet a bit, but it works fine and is a higher weight rating than the original.   It should work for your new seat. And its pretty cheap too.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007PP32B2/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The eyelet was a problem for me with the Corbin. I couldn't use a cotter pin.. Ended up using a very small nail.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Rubber band guru
john grinsel

Number of posts : 2700
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Corbin Seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat   Corbin Seat I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2018 5:32 am

Best solution=paint mixing stick as prop.
Back to top Go down
RarestRX
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2018-06-13

Corbin Seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat   Corbin Seat I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2018 5:04 pm

EvilTwin wrote:

Thanks for the heads up, I just ordered one.

cheers
Back to top Go down
motorhead30510
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
motorhead30510

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2013-10-01

Corbin Seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat   Corbin Seat I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 11:04 am

I'm looking for a Corbin. Anyone know of a used one not being used?

Thanks,

Pete
Back to top Go down
joebillybobinark
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Corbin Seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat   Corbin Seat I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 3:40 pm

I found one on Craigslist is Milwaukee a few months ago.  Sadly it is no longer there.

Try searching for "Silverwing Corbin" on craigslist for the larger cities.  I haven't found a way to search all CL's nationwide.  I bring up the larger cities individually, then search.  Look for way to expand search to nearby areas.  Casts a very wide net.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
motorhead30510
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
motorhead30510

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2013-10-01

Corbin Seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat   Corbin Seat I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 3:45 pm

www.searchcraigslist.org/ is your friend, though it isn't always purged of old posts
Back to top Go down
gavinfdavies
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2017-10-20

Corbin Seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat   Corbin Seat I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2018 4:14 pm

How is it compared to the stock seat for longer trips? Silly question maybe, but some time what's seems amazing for 30 minutes isn't good for 8 hours and vice versa. Next summer the wife and I are planning a trip to a metal concert in Sweden... 1,300 miles each way!
Back to top Go down
joebillybobinark
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Corbin Seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat   Corbin Seat I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2018 12:24 am

gavinfdavies wrote:
How is it compared to the stock seat for longer trips? Silly question maybe, but some time what's seems amazing for 30 minutes isn't good for 8 hours and vice versa. Next summer the wife and I are planning a trip to a metal concert in Sweden... 1,300 miles each way!

I went so far as to buy a CTX 700 because the swing seat was terrible after 45 minutes.. CTX wasn't any better but a friend advised me to drop some coin for a corbin for the silverwing

I'm glad I did.. have a backrest also... 1100 miles last week and nary a issue with my back...
Back to top Go down

Corbin Seat
Page 1 of 1