Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
New Scooter Rider I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
New Scooter Rider I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
New Scooter Rider I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
New Scooter Rider I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
New Scooter Rider I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
New Scooter Rider I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
New Scooter Rider I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
New Scooter Rider I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
New Scooter Rider I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
New Scooter Rider I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New Scooter Rider

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wingRider
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-05-02

New Scooter Rider Empty
PostSubject: New Scooter Rider   New Scooter Rider I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 8:33 am

Hello All,

I'm writing this actually for my wife. I purchased a silver wing for her about 2 months ago so that she and I will ride together. To be honest, the 600 miles that are now on the scooter are about 1/2 put on by me and I have my own bike. I absolutely love riding it!

My bike is like launching a battleship compared to hers where I can get on and be on my way in a minute or two.

She will lurk on this site for some time before she begins posting

I will come to read and post to acquire, and hopefully provide, useful information.

Thanks to those who operate this site as I'm sure I, and others, will find it most useful. I've already downloaded the drive belt change pdf. Very professionally done. And I'm sure I'll have a few questions for you experienced owners.

Back to top Go down
robert
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
robert

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-09-19

New Scooter Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Scooter Rider   New Scooter Rider I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:51 am

Welcome to the Forum wingRider, glad to hear you are learning to love the S/Wing as we all do. You Folks Ride Safe.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
New Scooter Rider 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

New Scooter Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Scooter Rider   New Scooter Rider I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 3:20 pm

welcome welcome - Both of you, welcome welcome
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

New Scooter Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Scooter Rider   New Scooter Rider I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 7:05 pm

welcome wingRider,

I too bought a Swing so I could ride with my husband. I have put on over 17,000 miles in just about 19 months. He only rode it the first 15 miles when he took it on a test ride before we bought it. He prefers his BMW. We are having a lot of fun riding together. Ride safe and enjoy this forum.

swing
Back to top Go down
viclavigne
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
viclavigne

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2012-03-31

New Scooter Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Scooter Rider   New Scooter Rider I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 9:15 pm

Welcome aboard wingRider! What's your other bike?

Vic
Back to top Go down
wingRider
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

New Scooter Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Scooter Rider   New Scooter Rider I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 7:04 pm

Thanks for the welcome folks.

Cathy, this weekend I took her bike in for it's 600 mile service. That ride was 45 miles from our home. I enjoyed every minute of it including surprising someone driving a Jaguar on the highway with the Silver Wing's performance as I had her moving at a pretty good clip. I could see his face looking at me on a scooter with a surprised look on his face.

Vic, my bike is a 2011 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS. I love riding it, but it's a big heavy bike. It has awesome power, but requires more attention to ride than does the Silver Wing. I like riding the Silver Wing because even after I hadn't ridden a bike for many years…I bought it, drove it around the neighborhood behind the dealer for a 20 minutes after which I was doing 75mph on the highway in heavy wind conditions. Was so easy and so forgiving that I knew she wouldn't have any issues learning how to ride. I had to relearn how to ride the Kawi which I had bought 3 days prior. It took me about 2 weeks of practicing nearly nightly to get up the nerve to put it on the highway. That was 1 1/2 months ago…and now I have 3200 miles on it. While I'm fine on it now and no situation bothers me (that which I allow myself to experience that is)…it still requires a good 5-10 minutes to get it out of the garage and get it going (2 minutes to warm to smooth idle). The Honda fires up and is ready to ride instantly.

Back to top Go down
viclavigne
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
viclavigne

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2012-03-31

New Scooter Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Scooter Rider   New Scooter Rider I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 7:24 pm

The Connie should be a sweet ride. I had the Honda equivalent in the ST1300. The bigger bikes are nice, especially for higher speed highway riding, but the Swing is just an all-around good bike that its hard to beat, especially for the price. I sold my last motorcycle because I thought a big scooter would fill most of my needs a little better. You may find yourself thinking the same thing after a while.

Vic
Back to top Go down
wingRider
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

New Scooter Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Scooter Rider   New Scooter Rider I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 10:42 pm

Vic, I will keep the Connie. On a long trip, I don't see how it can get much better. The combination of comfort and performance are first rate.

My wife will probably move up to a larger sport touring class of motorcycle as she gets more experience. But even if she doesn't she can enjoy long rides on the Silver Wing. If she does, we'll keep the Silver Wing for it's ease of use and utility. It is first rate in that regard.

I'm actually considering at VFR1200 as a 3rd bike for either her or me to ride, or both.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Scooter Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Scooter Rider   New Scooter Rider I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Scooter Rider
Page 1 of 1