Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
renew black plastic - How hard is it to remove the front plastic? I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 2:49 am

» New to Me Swing
renew black plastic - How hard is it to remove the front plastic? I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
renew black plastic - How hard is it to remove the front plastic? I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
renew black plastic - How hard is it to remove the front plastic? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
renew black plastic - How hard is it to remove the front plastic? I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
renew black plastic - How hard is it to remove the front plastic? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
renew black plastic - How hard is it to remove the front plastic? I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
renew black plastic - How hard is it to remove the front plastic? I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
renew black plastic - How hard is it to remove the front plastic? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
renew black plastic - How hard is it to remove the front plastic? I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

How hard is it to remove the front plastic?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ulflyer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ulflyer

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-10-27

renew black plastic - How hard is it to remove the front plastic? Empty
PostSubject: How hard is it to remove the front plastic?   renew black plastic - How hard is it to remove the front plastic? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 3:46 pm

Dumped mine the other day and the left front side is severel scratched with prob some damage underneath as its now loose on left side up near the left panel door. That piece is also broken. Lower piece under foot rest is also scored badly. Have any of you removed those and how hard was it??

I can prob prob tighten it up somehow and continue riding it, but its just plain UGLY and I'd like to make it nice again. Just not sure I can take on the removal and replacement of new parts. Did the whole front end on a previous B400 and it was a real bitch. I'm hoping the SW is less ornery.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: How hard is it to remove the front plastic?   renew black plastic - How hard is it to remove the front plastic? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 6:39 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
LarryB
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: How hard is it to remove the front plastic?   renew black plastic - How hard is it to remove the front plastic? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:25 pm

Yep, its hard. I just did it, but I ordered a service manual. The front cover is available discounted from $382.13 retail for $241.70 at:

Cycle Central Powersports
618 SW Florida Gateway Drive
Lake City, FL 32024
(386)487-0025

http://www.cyclecentralpowersports.com

This is the cheapest place I have found for OEM parts and the service is great. They also have the manuals, discounted. This info is just in case you might need to replace rather than repair. Good Luck.
Back to top Go down
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2011-05-13

PostSubject: Re: How hard is it to remove the front plastic?   renew black plastic - How hard is it to remove the front plastic? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 10:01 am

I have been using cycle central too but shipping is not free so not sure if they will charge more for the huge box it comes in. Also check out hondapartsline.com which offers free shipping on orders over $149. Do a side-by-side shopping cart comparison for all of the parts before ordering and you will save some money

I have done this swap before. Keep in mind you are going to have to transfer over your headlights.

Jesse in Atlanta
Back to top Go down
buddy19520
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
buddy19520

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: How hard is it to remove the front plastic?   renew black plastic - How hard is it to remove the front plastic? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 7:47 pm

Ted,

Sorry to hear you dropped it. Hope you are okay.

I have a service manual. I could copy some pages for you and send them to you. Its from the Honda service manual for 2003 model year. Blow-up diagrams and the order of removal.

From the looks of it, it will take a while to take apart.

Let me know.

Philip
Back to top Go down
ulflyer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ulflyer

PostSubject: Re: How hard is it to remove the front plastic?   renew black plastic - How hard is it to remove the front plastic? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 8:34 pm

Philip, thanks a lot for the offer but I just bought the one DarthJ had for sale in the for sale section.

Having done the front end of a Burg 400 a couple years ago, I dread this one in the worse way. Not sure the knees and back will be up to it. On other hand I can't afford to pay a shop to do it. Its gonna be the front section, the part with the two storage pockets, the center section that houses the gas door, and the lower colored piece under the foot rest. I'm gonna pull everything before I order in case I find some small stuff i may need.

Jesse: I checked Centralcycle and shipping for the above parts is about $50; still cheaper than the others.

Back to top Go down
ulflyer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ulflyer

PostSubject: Re: How hard is it to remove the front plastic?   renew black plastic - How hard is it to remove the front plastic? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 7:04 am

FWIW, I've decided not to replace the scratched up parts for the simple reason that I don't feel competent, mostly just not physically able, to remove and replace all the parts that are scratched up. The cost factor is not that bad, about $500+.

After looking it over a bunch of times, and tweaking some tupperware back into place that had come loose, adding a bolt here or there to tighten up a part to keep it from rattling, I'm going to get some touchup paint for the scratches and let it go at that.

Now for a trip back to Honda shop to order the paint. I have some out in the shed somewhere that I'd ordered a couple months ago, but can't find now! This comes with advancing age folks, so if you ain't there yet, be warned! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How hard is it to remove the front plastic?   renew black plastic - How hard is it to remove the front plastic? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How hard is it to remove the front plastic?
Page 1 of 1