Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Coolant change, refill volume question I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Coolant change, refill volume question I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Coolant change, refill volume question I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Coolant change, refill volume question I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Coolant change, refill volume question I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Coolant change, refill volume question I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Coolant change, refill volume question I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Coolant change, refill volume question I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Coolant change, refill volume question I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Coolant change, refill volume question I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Coolant change, refill volume question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Paulk
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-10-03

Coolant change, refill volume question Empty
PostSubject: Coolant change, refill volume question   Coolant change, refill volume question I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 6:15 pm

Im changing coolant on my 2007 Swing. When I drained almost 2 litres came out. When filling up only about 3/4 litre went it before level topped up at the filler neck. After 30 minutes the level dropped very little, there is air in the system. I am afraid to run the engine with so little coolant in it. How much coolant should be going in before starting?

Comments much appreciated,

Paul
Back to top Go down
old fart
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
old fart

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Coolant change, refill volume question   Coolant change, refill volume question I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 10:09 pm

run it
the water pump will circulate the fluid and displace the air.
If overheating is a concern simply watch your temp guage.
I just changed mine about one month ago and ran it after filling.
Topped it up.
No problems.
Back to top Go down
Paulk
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Coolant change, refill volume question   Coolant change, refill volume question I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 7:30 pm

Factory Service manual 02-07 pg. 6-5 says to drain with sidestand applied, reinstall drain plug and new washer. After that "Place scooter on its centrestand on flat level surface" and fill the reserve tank and the system up to the filler neck. It even says is another time in slanted italics at the top of the same page.
Ignoring the manual I then proceeded to follow bigbirds suggestion to put the bike on the sidestand and the system took pretty well as much coolant as came out, most of the air bubbled out.
I have revised my manual to lean the bike when draining an filling and use centrestand after to run and check level.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coolant change, refill volume question   Coolant change, refill volume question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coolant change, refill volume question
Page 1 of 1