Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
Workshop Manual I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Workshop Manual I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
Workshop Manual I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» I said Farewell...
Workshop Manual I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Workshop Manual I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Workshop Manual I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Workshop Manual I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Workshop Manual I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Workshop Manual I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Workshop Manual I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Workshop Manual

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
codge
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2011-08-24

Workshop Manual Empty
PostSubject: Workshop Manual   Workshop Manual I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 5:05 pm

Hi all you fellow Wingers, does anyone know if the workshop manuals available from the USA are for our FJS models or are they only for FSC bikes. If they are only for FSC bikes are they any good for the FJS.
Many thanks

Codge
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Workshop Manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workshop Manual   Workshop Manual I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 6:15 pm

I use one, in the main they are 98% useful to us FSJ owners.

Or FJS even!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
Chilliwing
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Chilliwing

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2011-09-03

Workshop Manual Empty
PostSubject: Workshop (Service) Manual   Workshop Manual I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 10:32 am

I have a just ordered a manual from this website, the dealer wanted $160
CAD picked one up for $65 US from this site. Have ordered from this site for other motorcycles and they good and quick to mail out. They also have a Parts manual for about $32 US.

www.repairmanual.com/catagory/2009-honda-fsc600-abs-silverwing

Back to top Go down
codge
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Workshop Manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workshop Manual   Workshop Manual I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 11:48 am

Waspie wrote:
I use one, in the main they are 98% useful to us FSJ owners.

Or FJS even!!!

Hi Waspie, pleased to see we are almost neighbours.
I am so frustated at not being able to get hold of a workshop manual. I have trawled the internet, asked at Honda dealers and even asked Honda UK to contact me about it, but did not receive a phone call from them. I have been told by Haynes that if there is enough demand for a Haynes manual they would consider doing one, (some hope!). I have checked out Chilliwing's link reference repairmanual.com, but this also failed. I have yet to find a website where a dealer will reply to my question on how to buy a manual from them.
How did you get hold of yours Waspie.
Many thanks guys
ps. I hope this message is in the right place as I am very new at this and still negotiating my way around the forum.
Thanks Codge pale
Back to top Go down
bikerboy
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2011-05-12

Workshop Manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workshop Manual   Workshop Manual I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 12:47 pm

I tried ordering a manual from a supplier in the U.S. of A. but the postage came to several times the cost of the book, it would have been almost as cheap to have collected it myself !!! AFAIK all manuals in the UK are on-line only to Honda dealers altho' I did get one for my Deauville on a CD from a lady in Australia. I may get my American chum to bring one over sometime but I think that it will eat into his baggage allowance !!
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Workshop Manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workshop Manual   Workshop Manual I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 2:44 pm

Codge I obtained mine from a dealer in the USA, he has manuals for sale most of the time on eBay. (£38 IIRC after conversion from $'s.)

One tip if purchasing from the States via an on line auction. Get the seller to state on the overseas postage that the manual is used! Otherwise you will pay a mountain of import tax! (Learned that from a nice UPS delivery driver.)

As far as an on line manual - Good luck, all I found was a version in German. So if your an ex squaddie and fluent in Deutcher speak - it would do fine.

Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Workshop Manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workshop Manual   Workshop Manual I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 3:12 pm

I have the FJS600 and the FJS600D/A3 manuals so they must be available from somewhere. Bought mine from an ex-Silverwing owner.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
Chilliwing
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Chilliwing

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2011-09-03

Workshop Manual Empty
PostSubject: Silverwing Service Manual   Workshop Manual I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 6:24 pm

Codge,

When you say link failed do you mean you did not get to site or did not see what you wanted?

I just went to the site using the link (which by the way takes you back to the home page) but with a few options I found the manual, plugged in UK for shipping cost and they quoted $14.95 US which is the same price I am paying to have it shipped to Canada. Not bad I thought.

I ordered on Sunday and have already received two tracking notices by email. They track the shipment constantly to your front door. This has been my past experience with them.

I am an ex pat from Croydon, Surrey, Palace supporter (don't hold that against me) living in British Columbia, Canada for the past 30 years.

Good luck with your search, I had no luck on ebay, and as they say timing is everything.

Chilliwing!
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Workshop Manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workshop Manual   Workshop Manual I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 5:29 am

Codge try this link;

http://www.repairmanual.com/category/2006-honda-fsc600a-silver-wing/

I have tried the link and it works for me, I think the original link you attempted missed out the http part.

It is for the 2006 model but you can backtrack to obtain the correct year for your machine.

Good luck, he's quoting $67 = £43 + P&P. A UK sought version, obtainable at a price from a main Honda dealer will set you back in excess of £78!

Back to top Go down
codge
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Workshop Manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workshop Manual   Workshop Manual I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 5:01 pm

[quote="tarmacburner2"]I have the FJS600 and the FJS600D/A3 manuals so they must be available from somewhere. Bought mine from an ex-Silverwing owner.

Cheers,

How lucky you were to find an ex Silverwing owner with a manual to sell. Thats as rare as hens teeth!
Codge
Back to top Go down
codge
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Workshop Manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workshop Manual   Workshop Manual I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 5:11 pm

Chilliwing wrote:
Codge,

When you say link failed do you mean you did not get to site or did not see what you wanted?

I just went to the site using the link (which by the way takes you back to the home page) but with a few options I found the manual, plugged in UK for shipping cost and they quoted $14.95 US which is the same price I am paying to have it shipped to Canada. Not bad I thought.

I ordered on Sunday and have already received two tracking notices by email. They track the shipment constantly to your front door. This has been my past experience with them.

I am an ex pat from Croydon, Surrey, Palace supporter (don't hold that against me) living in British Columbia, Canada for the past 30 years.

Good luck with your search, I had no luck on ebay, and as they say timing is everything.

Chilliwing!

Hi Chilliwing
I just clicked on the link and the web page said "oops page is broken" so I could not go any further.

I thought it may be a server problem so I just tried it again at 22.07hrs BST and it was the same. Waspie has added a bit more to this post and it has been successful, so thanks for your input.
Codge
Back to top Go down
codge
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Workshop Manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workshop Manual   Workshop Manual I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 5:22 pm

[quote="Waspie"]Codge try this link;

http://www.repairmanual.com/category/2006-honda-fsc600a-silver-wing/

I have tried the link and it works for me, I think the original link you attempted missed out the http part.

It is for the 2006 model but you can backtrack to obtain the correct year for your machine.

Good luck, he's quoting $67 = £43 + P&P. A UK sought version, obtainable at a price from a main Honda dealer will set you back in excess of £78!

Waspie, thanks for this, I should have realised that if I had put in the http prefix it may have worked at the time.

I have just tried it again and it works. So now I can follow this route and see how much they will sell it for with postage to the UK. I tried to search for my 2004 model but it returned with a 2001-2010 book. So anything which covers my year will do.

Many thanks for your help to all who have posted.

Codge
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Workshop Manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workshop Manual   Workshop Manual I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 6:57 pm

[quote="codge"]
tarmacburner2 wrote:
I have the FJS600 and the FJS600D/A3 manuals so they must be available from somewhere. Bought mine from an ex-Silverwing owner.

Cheers,

How lucky you were to find an ex Silverwing owner with a manual to sell. Thats as rare as hens teeth!
Codge

I have a spare set of hen's teeth for sale, cheap to any UK member here, postage at cost. chickendance

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Workshop Manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workshop Manual   Workshop Manual I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Workshop Manual
Page 1 of 1