Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
Howdy all  I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 5:41 pm

» I said Farewell...
Howdy all  I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Howdy all  I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Howdy all  I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Howdy all  I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Howdy all  I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Howdy all  I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Howdy all  I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Howdy all  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Howdy all  I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Howdy all

Go down 
+8
Dale
bob wells
pancho
Opalsboy
"Hi Yo"
bigbird
robert
moonshiner
12 posters
AuthorMessage
moonshiner
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
moonshiner

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2011-08-06

Howdy all  Empty
PostSubject: Howdy all    Howdy all  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 10:06 pm

Howdy all from TN ,

i am Keith , i have ridden motorcycles since i was a pup , i particularly like old Honda's
especially the old goldwing 1000's , i have two of those , a 76 and a 79 , this is my first scooter , its a purple 2004 silverwing named Barney , yeah you know like the the big purple dinosaur , " i love you ,you love me " you get the idea.. LOL , i just love the Heck out of this little Wing , as a matter of fact it makes me feel real smart that i bought it ,i bought it from a friend needing money , i just about didn't buy it cause it was a scooter , being that i have a bad boy rocker image i need to keep up , but i bought Barney and after a few hundred miles of riding i just don't care what people think or what i look like cruising down the road on it , i find it very comfortable and a pleasure to ride , no frills or drama is the key word here , well
i have jawed enough , i look forward to getting to know you all , till next time ..
Keith
Back to top Go down
robert
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
robert

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Howdy all  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy all    Howdy all  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 11:30 pm

Welcome to the forum moonshiner, a lot of smart people here with good info. on the S/Wing. Ride Safe...Robert in Az.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Howdy all  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy all    Howdy all  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 11:35 pm

Hi Keith,
Welcome.

Tagg and I need to know whether or not there are any clean public bathrooms in the state of Tennessee.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Howdy all  510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Howdy all  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy all    Howdy all  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 12:16 am

Howdy Keith and Barney welcome On this forum, you're still a pup. :lol!: Bunch of old dogs here, but they don't bite, just yap a lot. Enjoy the ride. motorcycle
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Howdy all  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy all    Howdy all  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 9:13 am

Welcome Keith... you are gonna love your Barney. I have watched thousands of Barneys with my granddaughter. Thank goodness she has outgrown that finally... Razz ... I had her and her brother all this past week. And something came up about the Barney phase a few years ago. That started the song about "if rain drops were gum drops ... akck akck a acck akck" (SP) fun moment.

Enjoy this forum.. it is a great resource for all kinds of information.

You are gonna read some posts about rest rooms in Tennessee. Don't take them personal. It is an inside joke started a year or more ago when one of your fellow residents of TN complained about EVERYTHING in TN. Especially the dirty public toilets there. Ever since it has been an ongoing thing to joke about that. Everyone else knows that your state has outstanding sites and people. AND I have found no dirty toilet in TN in my travels. Makes for a little humor now and then.

Again, welcome and I look forward to hearing from your posts here.
Back to top Go down
moonshiner
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
moonshiner

Howdy all  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy all    Howdy all  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 9:16 am

bigbird wrote:
Hi Keith,
Welcome.

Tagg and I need to know whether or not there are any clean public bathrooms in the state of Tennessee.

I have not found one yet ....

if i find one i will let you know ... Laughing
Back to top Go down
moonshiner
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
moonshiner

Howdy all  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy all    Howdy all  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 9:34 am

Opalsboy wrote:
Welcome Keith... you are gonna love your Barney. I have watched thousands of Barneys with my granddaughter. Thank goodness she has outgrown that finally... Razz ... I had her and her brother all this past week. And something came up about the Barney phase a few years ago. That started the song about "if rain drops were gum drops ... akck akck a acck akck" (SP) fun moment.

Enjoy this forum.. it is a great resource for all kinds of information.

You are gonna read some posts about rest rooms in Tennessee. Don't take them personal. It is an inside joke started a year or more ago when one of your fellow residents of TN complained about EVERYTHING in TN. Especially the dirty public toilets there. Ever since it has been an ongoing thing to joke about that. Everyone else knows that your state has outstanding sites and people. AND I have found no dirty toilet in TN in my travels. Makes for a little humor now and then.

Again, welcome and I look forward to hearing from your posts here.
i watched Barney with my kids too , a lot of people complained about barney , but between barney and blues clues it kept my kids chilled out a hour or so a day , i just considered it daddy's little helper LOL , this scooter was ordered purple by my friend who owned it , i named it barney riding down the road one day , i said that it was a big purple barney looking thing and it stuck , i really do enjoy riding it more that any motorcycle i have owned , here in a couple of years i think i will buy me a new one and ride it all over the country .
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Howdy all  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy all    Howdy all  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 9:53 am

moonshiner wrote:

I have not found one yet ....

if i find one i will let you know ... Laughing

That's what I suspected. Colour me disappointed.
Back to top Go down
pancho
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
pancho

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2010-11-03

Howdy all  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy all    Howdy all  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 9:56 am

Welcome from Texas...... motorcycle
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Howdy all  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy all    Howdy all  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 12:59 pm

Keith said:

"here in a couple of years i think i will buy me a new one and ride it all over
the country ."

You can ride all over the country with Barney. All of the Swing riders here know that the Silverwing is very dependable and can be ridden "all over the country." The 04 is not old.
Back to top Go down
bob wells
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
bob wells

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Howdy all  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy all    Howdy all  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 1:04 pm

Welcome! motorcycle
Back to top Go down
moonshiner
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
moonshiner

Howdy all  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy all    Howdy all  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 1:34 pm

Opalsboy wrote:
Keith said:

"here in a couple of years i think i will buy me a new one and ride it all over
the country ."

You can ride all over the country with Barney. All of the Swing riders here know that the Silverwing is very dependable and can be ridden "all over the country." The 04 is not old.

well my wife needs one to ride too ,i need a extra one, i might buy another good used one , i haven't bought a new motorcycle in 25 years , lets just say if i were to brand new bike , it would be another silverwing , and that's saying a lot , cause i have tested some new bikes and did not really like them , i am a Honda man , but i would like to keep a open mind and try out a burgman and a t-max , i am afraid this scooter kick of mine is not just a passing fad ..lol
Back to top Go down
Dale
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2010-10-07

Howdy all  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy all    Howdy all  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 5:11 pm

Welcome! Lots of M/C maniacs here that love their scooters as I do. Don't know what it is exactly, but they just seem to make sense.
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

Howdy all  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy all    Howdy all  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 7:38 pm

Welcome moonshiner, welcome

You will enjoy the site. I got my 09 wing 10 months ago, this is my first bike. This weekend I have ridden just over 10,000 miles since I got it. Some of those miles were ridden in your home state of TN. Great people here. Enjoy! motorcycle
Back to top Go down
moonshiner
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
moonshiner

Howdy all  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy all    Howdy all  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 9:24 am

CathyN wrote:
Welcome moonshiner, welcome

You will enjoy the site. I got my 09 wing 10 months ago, this is my first bike. This weekend I have ridden just over 10,000 miles since I got it. Some of those miles were ridden in your home state of TN. Great people here. Enjoy! motorcycle
Thanks Cathy ,

1000 miles a month average ? you are a biker now , that's some serious riding , Tennessee has some of the most scenic roads around , i love a mid Oct jaunt through the mountains , the colors and the cool brisk air , makes you feel alive ..

Keith
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Howdy all  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy all    Howdy all  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 10:47 am

Welcome Keith, nice to have you with us to share your experiences.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
keithb
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2011-04-25

Howdy all  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy all    Howdy all  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 3:43 pm

From one Keith to another, welcome from SoCal.
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

Howdy all  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy all    Howdy all  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 10:13 pm

bigbird wrote:
Hi Keith,
Welcome.

Sorry for the absence BB, been busy with the new, you know what thing, and deciding whether to pursue it further.

The United Nations Human Development Report (2006) estimated that 2.6 billion people lack basic sanitation. In other words, forty (40) percent of the people on this planet have no indoor plumbing.

And some people in Tennessee get upset if there free, readily available, public bathroom facilities aren't as clean as the 2 or 3 in there own home!
But were Americans dammit! And we are petulant sissies, and we demand our free, public restrooms be spotless!

Oh yea, um, welcome to the forum! Please set your watch back 50 years. Enjoy your stay!

And try not to poop in the sink.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Howdy all  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy all    Howdy all  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Howdy all
Page 1 of 1