Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oil screen stuck
Variator Tool I_icon_minitimeby Nolabel10935 Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Variator Tool I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Variator Tool I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Variator Tool I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Variator Tool I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Variator Tool I_icon_minitimeby landisr Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Variator Tool I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Variator Tool I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Variator Tool I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Variator Tool I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Variator Tool

Go down 
+5
JeffR_
MarkB
"Hi Yo"
honda_silver
ThePPH
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ThePPH
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Variator Tool Empty
PostSubject: Variator Tool   Variator Tool I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 5:44 pm

I am looking to finally change out my sliders and belt and I need a proper model and place to purchase the Buzzetti variator holding tool. I've seen a few for sale on SIP but I don't want to buy the incorrect model. If someone could link me to the exact piece I wish to purchase I would really appreciate it. For under $40 it seems worth the price to have the proper tool.

Thanks,
Scott
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Variator Tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: Variator Tool   Variator Tool I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 7:39 pm

ThePPH wrote:
I am looking to finally change out my sliders and belt and I need a proper model and place to purchase the Buzzetti variator holding tool. I've seen a few for sale on SIP but I don't want to buy the incorrect model. If someone could link me to the exact piece I wish to purchase I would really appreciate it. For under $40 it seems worth the price to have the proper tool.

Thanks,
Scott

The Buzzetti 5637 looks very close to the Honda variator tool. If the pin depth is the same as the Honda variator tool, then you will need a third hand to hold the variator strongly against the variator for first unscrew or final torque ... otherwise it comes out too easily.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Variator Tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: Variator Tool   Variator Tool I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 1:23 am

bigbird wrote:
If you can't make this, then you have no business changing anything on your Swing except the air in your tires! rolling laughter

This could easily be perceived as an insult ... even with your rolling on the floor.

I chose not to make make Leroy Beal's variator too, for two reasons
1) Someone has too long of a bolt and cracked their variator face
2) Not portable for extremely long trips

Back to top Go down
ThePPH
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Variator Tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: Variator Tool   Variator Tool I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 4:12 pm

I personally would like the tool for absolute accuracy and for future use. I am quite certain I could take a piece of wood and design with those instructions. I just have a preference for the tool. As far as worrying about me being insulted. It's funny to me and things written down always get taken wrong. It seems as though every time someone writes an email someone else gets offended and its because you can't read someone's face or hear voice inflection, along with a myriad of other social queues that we are conditioned to focus on. So I really just want to get the correct tool and I am merely asking for the exact spot to make such a purchase on line so that I get it right.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Variator Tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: Variator Tool   Variator Tool I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 1:29 am

The other Honda pulley holder (only available in the USA) is 07AMB-MCTA100.

This is the pulley holder that screws into the holes from the removed aluminum housing and has two other screws to fit into the variator holes with a large hole for the socket to remove the variator nut.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Variator Tool 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Variator Tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: Variator Tool   Variator Tool I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 2:56 am

[quote=The difference between sarcasm and wit is often separated by the thinnest of lines.
[/quote] Sometimes the line is only half there, making me a half-wit. :lol!:
Back to top Go down
MarkB
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
MarkB

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Variator Tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: Variator Tool   Variator Tool I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 12:38 am

One good thing for me out of this thread is that I know now that I'm not ready to take on this challenge. I just ordered the Dr Pulley sliders (thx, Bigbird) and the new belt is on the way but I don't have an impact gun or a variator tool. Fortunately, I did manage to find a good independent mechanic, with whom I want to build a relationship. So, I'll give this job to him. (Also, he hasn't heard of Dr Pulley - so this should be a good introduction.)
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

Variator Tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: Variator Tool   Variator Tool I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 11:22 am

Mark,

I bought an electric impact wrench at harbor Freight for $40. It max's out at 90 ftlb of torque so it works great. I can change out my stuff in about 1/2 hour using this . I made a "Pictorial" for doing this so it really is very easy to do and saves quite a bit of money. But having a mechanic do it is even easier. Razz
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

Variator Tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: Variator Tool   Variator Tool I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 9:52 am

I prefer to make my own they are easy to make and I have the time.
will make one for the secondary clutch .I cat see buying something when I enjoy making it, something to pass the time on a rainy day.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Variator Tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: Variator Tool   Variator Tool I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 5:49 pm

I have an impact,and parking brake. I was referring to spring removal of the clip
for disassembling. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Variator Tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: Variator Tool   Variator Tool I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 9:44 pm

the clutch assembly, when it is time for service . The driven pully.
Back to top Go down
eddy
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2009-11-27

Variator Tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: Variator Tool   Variator Tool I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 1:49 am

Bigbird,
Your link is not about a silverwing.

One can't inspect the clutch without disassembling.

When unscrewing the central bolt...the whole pulley + clutch block comes out in your hands and then you can inspect or change the pads.
The bell stays on the transmission axle.

The Honda tool is only needed when you want the pulley-clutch block taking apart.

Seldom needed.
Example when changing the big spring.

Eddy
Back to top Go down
http://edho@operamail.com
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Variator Tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: Variator Tool   Variator Tool I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 7:05 am

I dont always exsplain thing right ,sorry for the confusion.
throw the cow over the fence , some hay.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Variator Tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: Variator Tool   Variator Tool I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 11:23 am

I like to take things apart just to see how they look in there new condition so when I do have a problem and it is not working right. It might give me a reference on the wear and tear ,and what needs to be replaced .Just something to do ,and put back together.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Variator Tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: Variator Tool   Variator Tool I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 3:26 pm

No,not in this case.For what I read on this forum ,if it ain't broke don't
fix it . With 5000 kl on my scoot,it will be years before that time comes.
For now just for curiosity ,rear wheel removal,. front wheel ,drive train,and the plastic. I bought a service manual,2002 to 2010, very expensive,
$137 retail in Canada .I don"t do without it regardless of the price. I have a 750 shadow 1985 service and shop repair manual for sale. I don't need any more .
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Variator Tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: Variator Tool   Variator Tool I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 10:53 pm

I tried to order one on Ebay and was not abel to complete the order.I had the same problem trying to get silverwing mirror extenders risers for sw .
I was abel to order one for VTX 10 mil bolts I hope they fit.
Back to top Go down
Winger61
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Winger61

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-10-15

Variator Tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: Variator Tool   Variator Tool I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 12:43 am

tinman wrote:
I had the same problem trying to get silverwing mirror extenders risers for sw .
I was abel to order one for VTX 10 mil bolts I hope they fit.

Gascapdude on ebay does mirror risers/extenders for the Wing - that's where I got mine. Good price, good quality, fast delivery. (just my personal opinion, no connection with him! Smile )
Back to top Go down
bikerboy
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2011-05-12

Variator Tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: Variator Tool   Variator Tool I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 10:49 am

+1 on gascapdude, mine got to the UK no problem and the screws appear to be stainless, extenders are also staying black so far !!
Back to top Go down

Variator Tool
Page 1 of 1