Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hi there guys
Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 12:16 pm

» Rear shock longevity
Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 9:07 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:14 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase

Go down 
+7
RickV
WingMan02
dspevack
MikeO
BlackFly
toro8
craigory
11 posters
AuthorMessage
craigory
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
craigory

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2011-06-25

Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase Empty
PostSubject: Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase   Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 8:49 pm

Hi everyone,
I have a Givi V46 Monokey topcase which I needed a spare key for. I did some research on the web and found a couple of suggestions for the correct key blank. I just got back from the lock shop and I can vouch for one of them because it works for my case. It is an ILCO B59 X162. This is in the US, so I hope they use the same key blanks in the UK.

Keep the rubber side down!
Back to top Go down
toro8
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2011-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase   Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 1:14 am

Thanks I need an extra key myself. I tried my locksmith but he couldn't get one to work. Maybe with some info he can.
Back to top Go down
BlackFly
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
BlackFly

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2010-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase   Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 3:45 am

Take a look for a complete cylinder...

The cylinders are cheap, i think it is more expensive to buy a blank key and copy the original one to the blank one...
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3788
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase   Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 5:11 am

I'm fairly certain that if the key-cutter has state-of-the-art computerised key-cutting equipment, dialling in a US number will throw up the equivilant number for other countries; a friend of mine in London has such equipment.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase   Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 8:19 am

When I needed a replacement lock from GIVI they charged me $7+shipping
for the entire lock with two keys.

Dan
Back to top Go down
BlackFly
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
BlackFly

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2010-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase   Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 12:00 pm

dspevack wrote:
When I needed a replacement lock from GIVI they charged me $7+shipping
for the entire lock with two keys.

Dan
Thats what i mean Wink
I don't know your local prices, but i paid ~10€ for a replacement lock (incl shipping) and i think i have to pay minimum 5€ for the key-cutting without the blank key...
And if the new lock will cost a little bit more than the blank key & cutting it is anyway the better way in my opinion because you have a new lock without the risk of soon damage...
Back to top Go down
WingMan02
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
WingMan02

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase   Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 4:50 am

Has anyone ordered a spare key keyed for your lock directly from GIVI for the top case?
Back to top Go down
RickV
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
RickV

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2010-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase   Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 11:10 am

I received one key for my Givi E45 monokey case on the purchase of my 2002 SW a few years back. I ordered 2 extra key blanks from Givi for $15 plus postage and then took them to a local locksmith to be cut. The locksmith took one look at the blank, picked up one of his Fiat blanks from his wall and went out to my scoot - it turns out that for $1 I could have had another key without the red plastic cover - live and learn!!

Rick V
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase   Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 12:19 pm

My Honda dealer wanted $15. for my Swing,I said I can get 2 for $9. I payed $10. with tax.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4174
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase   Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 12:56 pm

I got 2 spare keys cut for my Givi E52 locally for a fiver, and if I wanted a replacement Givi lock and 2 keys there's plenty for sale on eBay.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase   Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 6:58 am

Nip to your nearest key cutter & ask him to use automotive blank ... BT2 ... worked for me Wink
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase   Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 1:51 pm

The Bern wrote:
Nip to your nearest key cutter & ask him to use automotive blank ... BT2 ... worked for me Wink
Nip to your nearest key cutter and ask him if he has a blank to match your key as not ever Givi Top Box seems to use the exact same blank - IMHO. Or, buy a key set on ebay - if you can't get what you want from your key cutter.
Back to top Go down
DerrillW
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DerrillW

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2013-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase   Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 9:22 pm

The suggested ILCO B59 X162 will work if cut with due care. I ordered a pair of blanks from ILCO (minimum buy) and the first one made was a fail. The locksmith told me it was the wrong blank. I took the other blank to another locksmith and showed him what had been done wrong. This time the key worked perfectly. Glad I had two blanks!
Derrillw
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase   Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase
Page 1 of 1