Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and PLEASE GIVE US THE COURTESY of introducing yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Quest to reduce lower back issues.
Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» Starter won't turn over
Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeby Cosmic_Jumper Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» December 2022 Forum Pic
Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeby P-21179 Yesterday at 6:18 am

» Hi from Barcelona
Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeby Chupakabras Yesterday at 4:40 am

» what grade of fuel does everyone use?
Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeby johnd Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:42 pm

» Repair handlebar fairings
Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:02 am

» Hello from Liverpool
Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:52 pm

» ABS Light Fail To Extinguish First Time Around
Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:42 am

» It's Too Loud
Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:36 am

» Speedometer lights and onboard buttons not working
Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeby MUCHoldERwingguy Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:55 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase

Go down 
+7
RickV
WingMan02
dspevack
MikeO
BlackFly
toro8
craigory
11 posters
AuthorMessage
craigory
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
craigory

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2011-06-25

Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase Empty
PostSubject: Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase   Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 8:49 pm

Hi everyone,
I have a Givi V46 Monokey topcase which I needed a spare key for. I did some research on the web and found a couple of suggestions for the correct key blank. I just got back from the lock shop and I can vouch for one of them because it works for my case. It is an ILCO B59 X162. This is in the US, so I hope they use the same key blanks in the UK.

Keep the rubber side down!
Back to top Go down
toro8
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2011-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase   Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 1:14 am

Thanks I need an extra key myself. I tried my locksmith but he couldn't get one to work. Maybe with some info he can.
Back to top Go down
BlackFly
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
BlackFly

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2010-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase   Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 3:45 am

Take a look for a complete cylinder...

The cylinders are cheap, i think it is more expensive to buy a blank key and copy the original one to the blank one...
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3706
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase   Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 5:11 am

I'm fairly certain that if the key-cutter has state-of-the-art computerised key-cutting equipment, dialling in a US number will throw up the equivilant number for other countries; a friend of mine in London has such equipment.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase   Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 8:19 am

When I needed a replacement lock from GIVI they charged me $7+shipping
for the entire lock with two keys.

Dan
Back to top Go down
BlackFly
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
BlackFly

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2010-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase   Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 12:00 pm

dspevack wrote:
When I needed a replacement lock from GIVI they charged me $7+shipping
for the entire lock with two keys.

Dan
Thats what i mean Wink
I don't know your local prices, but i paid ~10€ for a replacement lock (incl shipping) and i think i have to pay minimum 5€ for the key-cutting without the blank key...
And if the new lock will cost a little bit more than the blank key & cutting it is anyway the better way in my opinion because you have a new lock without the risk of soon damage...
Back to top Go down
WingMan02
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
WingMan02

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase   Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 4:50 am

Has anyone ordered a spare key keyed for your lock directly from GIVI for the top case?
Back to top Go down
RickV
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
RickV

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2010-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase   Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 11:10 am

I received one key for my Givi E45 monokey case on the purchase of my 2002 SW a few years back. I ordered 2 extra key blanks from Givi for $15 plus postage and then took them to a local locksmith to be cut. The locksmith took one look at the blank, picked up one of his Fiat blanks from his wall and went out to my scoot - it turns out that for $1 I could have had another key without the red plastic cover - live and learn!!

Rick V
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase   Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 12:19 pm

My Honda dealer wanted $15. for my Swing,I said I can get 2 for $9. I payed $10. with tax.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase   Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 12:56 pm

I got 2 spare keys cut for my Givi E52 locally for a fiver, and if I wanted a replacement Givi lock and 2 keys there's plenty for sale on eBay.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase   Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 6:58 am

Nip to your nearest key cutter & ask him to use automotive blank ... BT2 ... worked for me Wink
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase   Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 1:51 pm

The Bern wrote:
Nip to your nearest key cutter & ask him to use automotive blank ... BT2 ... worked for me Wink
Nip to your nearest key cutter and ask him if he has a blank to match your key as not ever Givi Top Box seems to use the exact same blank - IMHO. Or, buy a key set on ebay - if you can't get what you want from your key cutter.
Back to top Go down
DerrillW
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DerrillW

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2013-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase   Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 9:22 pm

The suggested ILCO B59 X162 will work if cut with due care. I ordered a pair of blanks from ILCO (minimum buy) and the first one made was a fail. The locksmith told me it was the wrong blank. I took the other blank to another locksmith and showed him what had been done wrong. This time the key worked perfectly. Glad I had two blanks!
Derrillw
Back to top Go down

Here is the correct key blank for Givi topcase
Page 1 of 1