Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
Bad news for our Belgian friends I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 5:41 pm

» I said Farewell...
Bad news for our Belgian friends I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Bad news for our Belgian friends I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Bad news for our Belgian friends I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Bad news for our Belgian friends I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Bad news for our Belgian friends I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Bad news for our Belgian friends I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Bad news for our Belgian friends I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Bad news for our Belgian friends I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Bad news for our Belgian friends I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Bad news for our Belgian friends

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Bad news for our Belgian friends Empty
PostSubject: Bad news for our Belgian friends   Bad news for our Belgian friends I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 6:19 pm

http://news.motorbiker.org/blogs.nsf/dx/belgium-roads-to-be-dark-very-dark.htm

Jon
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Bad news for our Belgian friends 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Bad news for our Belgian friends   Bad news for our Belgian friends I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 11:09 pm

Does DennisB export his lightbars to Belgium? Sounds like they may need some driving lights.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3790
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Bad news for our Belgian friends   Bad news for our Belgian friends I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 5:16 am

I think it's a case of 'wait and see'; since 1st. January this year it's been the policy to switch off sections of lights at a certain o'clock, very disconcerting if one happens to be riding or driving along that bit at the time!

In the UK, many stretches of motorway are unlit whilst at junctions the lights remain on - in fact it's the same here.
The main problem for me is that the road-markings are somewhat poor. At least in the UK the m-ways are clearly marked with cats'-eyes.

I quite regulary travel from Calais, the French Channel port, up to my home in Belgium in both light and dark.
Much of the French m-way is unlit and the French drivers go very fast which can be very unnerving.

When the LED driving lights I want are back in stock I shall 'do the deed'.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Bad news for our Belgian friends   Bad news for our Belgian friends I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 10:31 am

MikeO wrote:
When the LED driving lights I want are back in stock I shall 'do the deed'.

Which ones??
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Bad news for our Belgian friends   Bad news for our Belgian friends I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 1:17 pm

These ones, Bill:

http://stores.intuitwebsites.com/hstrial-QualiRegResou/-strse-8/Model-30-LED-off/Detail.bok
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

PostSubject: Re: Bad news for our Belgian friends   Bad news for our Belgian friends I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 2:00 pm

MikeO wrote:
These ones, Bill:

http://stores.intuitwebsites.com/hstrial-QualiRegResou/-strse-8/Model-30-LED-off/Detail.bok

I am curious why the Model 30 versus the Model 44 ( http://stores.intuitwebsites.com/hstrial-QualiRegResou/-strse-2/Black-Model-44-LED/Detail.bok )?

From the pictures from http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=607184 the Model 30 provides a very narrow beam with very little peripheral lighting. For example Post number #1151.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Bad news for our Belgian friends   Bad news for our Belgian friends I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 2:13 pm

Indeed but I hope to use Dennis's front connector and I think a pair of Model 44 lights draw too much current for that wiring on the Silverwing. (Could be wrong, of course)

I want also a light which will pick up the motorway barriers on the nearside rather than light up the road in front.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

PostSubject: Re: Bad news for our Belgian friends   Bad news for our Belgian friends I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 3:58 pm

MikeO wrote:
Indeed but I hope to use Dennis's front connector and I think a pair of Model 44 lights draw too much current for that wiring on the Silverwing. (Could be wrong, of course)

I want also a light which will pick up the motorway barriers on the nearside rather than light up the road in front.

The paring of the Model 30 and Model 44 LED lights could be ideal.

If can run your own wiring you could use DennisB's rear Perfect Connector, then you could mount Model 44 on the top of the DennisB light bar and Model 30 ( turn on-off with highbeam ) on the bottom of the light bar slightly closer ... with spare power for other things Cool
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Bad news for our Belgian friends   Bad news for our Belgian friends I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 4:19 pm

Thanks, Bill; I appreciate your suggestions.
It's very important that the extra lights have a fairly narrow beam - the roads I need them for are straight and flat so dazzling on-coming traffic is all too easy.
I'm not certain whether it's safe to piggy-back two Perfect Connectors - I already have one powering my Admore Light Bar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad news for our Belgian friends   Bad news for our Belgian friends I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bad news for our Belgian friends
Page 1 of 1