Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs

Go down 
+4
Opalsboy
Waspie
MikeO
ChicagoRider
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ChicagoRider
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-07-05

Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs Empty
PostSubject: Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs   Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 8:12 am

Hi Everyone!
Thought I would join this forum and learn more about my Honda SW, which is new to me this year. I'm a new rider this year (I've ridden dirt bikes many, many ages ago) and bought a 2008 SW. After attending motorcycle school training in late May, I got my license in early June (too many rained out test days!). What spurred me on to the purchase? My son bought a Honda motorcycle and when my husband & I strolled through the Honda shop, I saw the SW. It was love at first sight, but I thought about it and did some research for a week before I purchased it. I'd been thinking about a scooter for years, but the 150's just seemed too small for the traffic around here. I have some friends that ride scooters too and I wanted to ride with them! And, I wanted to save on gas as I ride 38 miles one-way to work (gas was well over $4/gal. at the time around here). Don't ride all the time to work, but having fun riding it and interested in learning more about it. Thanks so much to Dennis for starting the forum and all of you for your posts!

ChicagoRider
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3783
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs   Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 8:23 am

Hello and welcome!
You've found the friendliest and most knowledgeable English-speaking Silverwing Forum in the World! cheers
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs   Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 8:40 am

Hi from me too.

I use my "Wing' mainly for commuting, occasionally the odd ride for no purpose other than fun.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs   Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 9:21 am

Welcome Chi lady.... you are gonna like it here... I guarantee it.

BTW... it may seem like it, but Dennis did not actually start this forum. Our creator is JeffR_ of California.

It is folks just like you that have made this thing just explode with members from all around the planet and keep it so interesting and informative. I look forward to you sharing with us your riding experiences. There are other members from Chicago that you might link up with. Although one of the Chicago crowd you might want to avoid is Cathy. She has the reputation of bringing storms with her when she rides. Razz If you have good rain gear, she is ok.

Again... WELCOME.
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs   Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 7:50 pm

Welcome to the site ChicagoRider,

I too am a new rider. I took the MSF course last June and then a scooter course last August and got my license. I found a 2009 Swing on Scooterfinds.com in September with 3700 miles on it. I have since put almost 9000 miles on it since I got it.

I just got back from a 1900 mile ride around the Great Lakes. Great ride. And guess what Gary! I didn't ride in any storms this time. Only rained one night in the UP of Michigan when we weren't riding. Razz

You will enjoy this forum. I have. Great bunch of people here. My husband and I ride out often in the far Northwest burbs of Chicago.

Enoy the ride and be safe.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs   Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 8:17 pm

Hello ChicagoRider,

Welcome aboard. A great bunch of people, information and talent.

Last edited by DennisB on Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling finger gone bad)
Back to top Go down
ChicagoRider
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs   Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 9:10 pm

Thanks, Everyone! I do feel welcome and thanks for your comments. And my apologies to JeffR_. I made the (wrong) assumption that DennisB as admin, also started the forum. Looks like I have a lot of reading to do. And, Cathy, I do have a rain suit but haven't had to wear it yet. Smile Have yet to ride in the rain...but will admit that I'm a little unsure about having to do that for the first time. :-/ That ride around the lake sounds pretty interesting.

ChicagoRider
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs   Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 2:10 am

Howdy and welcome ChicagoRider. Don't let CathyN fool you. Nine thousand miles in less than a year is not a new rider! A little jaunt around the Great Lakes is not a new rider! Granted she's not in Grinsel's category (praise the Lord), but the way she has been putting miles on that Silverwing is way beyond the new rider status. It is good to have another rider from Chicago. Enjoy the ride, small moped small moped
Back to top Go down
ChicagoRider
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs   Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 1:12 pm

CathyN - do you & your husband ride with the Chicago NW Suburbs scooter group (don't exactly remember their name....)?

Opalsboy - we've been down in your neck of the woods many times (not on scooters, though). My son went to college in Searcy, AR and just graduated last year.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs   Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 2:45 pm

ChicagoRider.. well, we may be cousins... if yall ever get that close to me again, let me know and maybe we can say hello. Searcy is a nice place. Harding University has a beautiful campus. Is that where your son graduated? Our high school football team played at their stadium last year for a state playoff game.

Later,
Back to top Go down
ChicagoRider
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs   Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 2:53 pm

Hey Gary,
Yes, Harding is where he went! Great school and he made many close friends there for life. We know several people that went to school there and have friend's kids that still do or will be attending this year. :-)

Wanda
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs   Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 10:36 pm

Hey Wanda,

Answer to your question, no Bob and I have not ridden with the NW surburben scooter group. I have looked them up on line. I pretty much just ride with Bob and my daughter's boyfriend. Bob has a BMW R1150R and Ryan has a HD Street Bob 1600. He's also a new rider.

What suburb do you live in?
Back to top Go down
ChicagoRider
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs   Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 7:02 am

Hi Cathy,
I live in a little village called Oakwood Hills - just north of Cary and east of Crystal Lake, so pretty far out. And I work in Naperville, so a nice little ride to work! I'm originally from Sheboygan, WI and my husband Brad is from Manitowoc, so you probably rode through those towns on your ride around the big pond (though we've been here for 18 years). Smile
It seems like a lot of the riders here have added quite a bit to their Swings - it's been interesting reading and looking at the pictures, to see what I might want to do with mine. Definitely need saddlebags or something else for storage, but so far the storage under the seat has been fine for commuting to work. Sounds like you do quite a bit of riding! Well, off to work....riding my Swing today!
Wanda
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs   Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Hi Wanda,,

Bob and I were through your home towns on this last trip. We also get out to your area quite often. If your interested in getting together for a ride PM me.

I have added quite a few farkels on my Swing. I do have a top box which I find very handy. I try and take my Swing to work as often as I can. I only have a round trip of 15 miles. All in the city. I must say you have quite a commute. Have a good evening.

Cathy small moped

Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs   Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 4:38 pm

Welcome to the site Wanda, Chicago Rider, and hope you enjoy it. I originally am from the NE part of Illinois, from Antioch. Hope you enjoy your Swing and keep us informed of the rides you go on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs   Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from the far NW Chicago suburbs
Page 1 of 1