Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
waxes and/or polishes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
waxes and/or polishes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
waxes and/or polishes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
waxes and/or polishes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
waxes and/or polishes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
waxes and/or polishes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
waxes and/or polishes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
waxes and/or polishes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
waxes and/or polishes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
waxes and/or polishes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

waxes and/or polishes

Go down 
+14
stevec
Opalsboy
tankyuong
regors
exavid
Waspie
tvpRich
MikeO
mr fish
skydad99
teamaster
DennisB
jdeereanton
cruiser
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
cruiser
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
cruiser

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-02-09

waxes and/or polishes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 3:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

thought this would be a good topic,

I've never been one to keep my cars waxed or polished
but sinse I've gotten my Wing I would really like to keep it nice and clean. there are So many types of waxes/polishes out there these days it can blow your mind just woundering what type would be the best for for the job. After asking around at work I ended up with some Turtle Wax Ice detailer (Spray on wipe off) for the body it seemed to work Ok and then Maguires for the plastic.
what other kinds would you all recomend for those of us don't know for sure??
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
thomphoto
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
thomphoto

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 5:28 pm

Hey Eddie (transam86), what do you use?
In case you don't know, Eddie always has the cleanest scoot around.

Wendell
Back to top Go down
http://wendellthompsonfineart.com
MaxB
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
MaxB

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 7:09 pm

I carry a can of honda spray wax/cleaner and windshield cleaner polish on the scoot and bike. With old tee shirts or microfiber cloths.
in the winter between sitting on the scoot and bike mumbling VROOM VROOM. I use other products (numerous) I like ones with carnuba wax. I also tried something with nano wax in it, last winter Id detailed the spokes on my VTX. let's jsut say THAT will never happen again.
MaxB (who HATES cleaning and waxing during riding season.)
P.S. I do do a quick wipe when the dust builds up. By waxing the 2 wheelers it guarantees that i will get caught in the rain within 2 days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: S-100   waxes and/or polishes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 7:24 pm

I just bought a new 2009 Silverwing. Sold my Harlet Street Glide. Used S-100 on everything. Easy on and slick as a whistle. Helps keep bugs at bay too.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 7:29 pm

Hi gallagher911,

Welcome to the forum. What year was your H-D?
Back to top Go down
dikkiedo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-01-16

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 2:27 am

the way i clean my windscreen is too take a bath towel and soak it with hot water and a little dish soap. before i start cleaning the bike i put it on the windscreen and pat it down so it is in close contact after about 3-5 minutes i take it off and gently wash it off with my washing mitt and all the bugs come off. i prefer standard carnuba wax cause it comes off after a few washings and then i can just reapply it so i dont get a build up. i dont wax the windscreen cause i dont want it to be shiny ,but i did see a write up about using the same type of product on it as is used on airplane windscreens. i havent tried it so idk. pledge does seem to work kinda nice and it smellls good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

waxes and/or polishes
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Maintenance, Tips and Hints-
Jump to: