Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Today at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

» Overheat problem
waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

waxes and/or polishes

Go down 
+14
stevec
Opalsboy
tankyuong
regors
exavid
Waspie
tvpRich
MikeO
mr fish
skydad99
teamaster
DennisB
jdeereanton
cruiser
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
cruiser
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
cruiser

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-02-09

waxes and/or polishes Empty
PostSubject: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 3:52 pm

thought this would be a good topic,

I've never been one to keep my cars waxed or polished
but sinse I've gotten my Wing I would really like to keep it nice and clean. there are So many types of waxes/polishes out there these days it can blow your mind just woundering what type would be the best for for the job. After asking around at work I ended up with some Turtle Wax Ice detailer (Spray on wipe off) for the body it seemed to work Ok and then Maguires for the plastic.
what other kinds would you all recomend for those of us don't know for sure??
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 7:26 am

Cruiser,

I expected this would be overrun with posts...

I do not detail our SilverWings often, but I do use the Honda spray cleaner. It is no longer sold as a Honda product, but still looks pretty much the same on the shelf at the dealership. It still works great too. It is a spray on wipe off product that leaves behind a pretty good shine.

I first encountered this product at an Acura dealership. It was the last product used by the service departmant to remove fingerprints from the painted surfaces of the customer cars.

I've never used it on the wind screen, but it really works on the plastic bits.

I use Plexus on the wind screens and the visors of our helmets. This works very well on the clear plastics. I've also used windex wipes on the clear plastics and they also did a good job with no degradation of the plastic or more importantly visibility.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
cruiser
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
cruiser

Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 7:34 am

Ya I thought there would be more response here also

I know I would rather be riding than cleaning my cruiser but on my down time I don't mind giving it a quick and easy cleaning to keep it looking good so those Harly riders just see a Flash Cool when I fly by. Razz :ROTF:
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 8:03 am

Hi All,
Did a little looking around at some of the products available to clean and polish motorcycle and scooter windscreens. I read a lot about ALL the different types of cleaners and polishing products for motorcycle windscreens. This product seemed to be the one that made a big difference to all that used it and is used by the pros. So I ordered a 14 oz can.
It makes the wind screen shine actually better then new. It’s called 210 Plastic Cleaner/Polish and is manufactured by a company called SUMNER LABORATORIES, INC. (order desk # 800-542-8656). I recommend checking around, online for the best price. Comes in 7 or 14 oz’s aerosol can.
Sorry to say, this product is not available at your local auto parts store (I just wish it was). You need to order it or check at your local boat parts or boat marina stores.
It’s not just another spray cleaner; it’s anti static and anti fog and it makes a wind screen SHINE. It is made to clean and polish Lexan, Plexiglass, Lucite, Acrylite, Isinglass and all other acrylics.
Cleaned both my wind screen and headlight and they look WAY better than they did!
The down side is this product is not cheap in price, but its well worth the money to get the sparkling, clean shine that this product gives, on all my scooters optics.

I tried this product and it works great and I highly recommend it….. and NO, I don’t sell it.

DennisB

waxes and/or polishes 21010
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 8:28 am

I've always just used Windex on my bike. I do have one of the Honda products for the windshild but I just use mostly good old Windex and paper towels. I try to do my windshield before I take each ride and it has never scratched. Simple works for me... sunny
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 9:41 am

Hi Coralee,

Please....take a moment.

You need to do a google search for "Windex use on Lexan" before you go and damage your windshield.

Your scooters wind shield is made of Lexan and Windex glass cleaner should not be used on it. Please do the research....you will see that the makers of Windex does not recommends this product on Lexan.

Lexan is also used to make motorcycle helmet face shields.

DennisB :D
Back to top Go down
teamaster
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 10:33 pm

I guess my first post in here is going to be about polishes or waxes or whatever. I use Liquid Glass. That is the best stuff I have ever used. You can use this stuff on anything. It's been around for awhile and it's American Made in NJ. I use it on all my items that have an engine and a paintjob. And it's safe to use on plastics of anytype. I also use that Mothers quick spray too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 6:04 am

I use the Honda spray cleaner and wax. I can still buy it at my local dealer. I've heard the story about Honda not putting it out but the dealer still gets it in. Cost is about $5.95 a can. It's the best thing I've found.
Back to top Go down
skydad99
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 4:24 pm

Johnson Pledge Spray Furniture Polish does a good job on Plexiglas windshields. We use it all the time on the plexiglas windshields in airplanes. Spray it on, let it dry and wipe it off. Takes off bugs too.
Back to top Go down
skydad99
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 4:26 pm

DennisB wrote:
Hi Coralee,

Please....take a moment.

You need to do a google search for "Windex use on Lexan" before you go and damage your windshield.

Your scooters wind shield is made of Lexan and Windex glass cleaner should not be used on it. Please do the research....you will see that the makers of Windex does not recommends this product on Lexan.

Lexan is also used to make motorcycle helmet face shields.

DennisB :D

Are you sure its made of Lexan? My Givi is made of Plexiglas. Lexan also scratches much easier than plexiglas, but is more impact resistant.
Back to top Go down
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 4:36 pm

I dont know if you get stuff called autoglym but its good used it in the bike shop to make bikes sparkle before selling them
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3810
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 5:04 pm

Turtlewax car shampoo for washing and Mer for polishing.

If the bike is very grimey I spray with Muc-Off first to loosen the dirt.

The screen on my non-Silverwing is very easily removed so I wash it with washing-up liquid in the bath. The Silverwing screen will be washed but not polished (when I finally get it!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 5:19 pm

I use a product called Klasse All in one. BMW supposedly uses it in there factory to polish the cars. Brings out a beautiful lustre on darker paints.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 5:26 pm

skydad99 wrote:

"Are you sure its made of Lexan? My Givi is made of Plexiglas. Lexan also scratches much easier than plexiglas, but is more impact resistant."

Lexan (polycarbonate) is approved for use as a windshield on motorcycles by the DOT.

Plexiglas (acrylic) is not DOT appoved. I shatters to easy when hit buy rocks and other things coming off the road.

"Polycarbonate is a DOT approved material for making windshields; normal acrylic is not. Some states require DOT approved windshields, and therefore in these states a normal acrylic windshield is actually illegal, however these laws are rarely enforced. Normal acrylic can be shattered by an impact from a rock moving at speeds as low as 15mph. "

http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/Fairing.html

My Givi windshield is made of LEXAN and so is my helmet screen.

DennisB
Back to top Go down
skydad99
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 5:49 pm

DennisB wrote:
skydad99 wrote:

"Are you sure its made of Lexan? My Givi is made of Plexiglas. Lexan also scratches much easier than plexiglas, but is more impact resistant."

Lexan (polycarbonate) is approved for use as a windshield on motorcycles by the DOT.

Plexiglas (acrylic) is not DOT appoved. I shatters to easy when hit buy rocks and other things coming off the road.

"Polycarbonate is a DOT approved material for making windshields; normal acrylic is not. Some states require DOT approved windshields, and therefore in these states a normal acrylic windshield is actually illegal, however these laws are rarely enforced. Normal acrylic can be shattered by an impact from a rock moving at speeds as low as 15mph. "

DennisB

Thanks for the info. My Givi windshield has the word "plexiglass" engraved in very small words on the outer left hand side of it. Stange that the FAA which is under the DOT approves plexiglas windshields on airplanes but yet DOT doesn't approve plexiglas on motorcycle windshields. With the Federal Government, you never know.
Back to top Go down
skydad99
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 6:41 pm

DennisB wrote:
skydad99 wrote:

DennisB

That's a pretty interesting site. I note that a special high cost acrylic called Impact Modified Acrylic is available. This form of acrylic is DOT approved for windshields. This is not Lexan. I know for a fact that the Clearview Windshield is made with this, and I bet the Givi I have is also. If made by Dupont, it would have the plexiglas name on it, which it does. I also noticed that Lexan is made by GE. That's interesting. Regadless, that site is being saved because it has all kind of good information on it. Thanks for the link, Dennis.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 6:46 pm

Your right...it does say plexiglas GS

Thanks for the information.

DennisB
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 7:04 pm

OK, GIVI Windshields (plexiglass GS) Cleaning, Wink

"Unfortunately Windex cannot clean everything, nor should it. Most glass cleaning products contain ammonia or alcohol that, while harmless on glass, will damage your plexiglass. Your first step in cleaning plexiglass it to break the habit of reaching for the glass cleaner. Harsh chemicals will alter plexiglass and cause it to become opaque, thus frustrating any hope of keeping the plexiglass as clean and transparent as possible.

If your plexiglass has been installed or provided by a manufacturer you may want to check and see if the manufacturer suggests any specialized cleaning products. If possible, follow the directions for cleaning and maintenance provided by your manufacturer.

If you are hoping to clean your plexiglass with household items you can follow this procedure:

Begin by blowing the dirt and dust off the surface of the plexiglass. Avoid using your hand or a dry cloth to remove dirt; you might rub the dirt in harder and accidentally scratch the surface of the plexiglass.

Once you have air-removed as much dirt as possible wet down the surface. It is best to create a layer of running water over the plexiglass so the dirt will be able to just float off. Avoid spraying the plexiglass with too much force, otherwise the surface could become chipped. (An example would be using a hose and pressure nozzle on the plexiglass. Such force is not necessary.)

Using a soft, lint-free cloth, wash the surface with warm soapy water. You can use liquid dish soap or gentle, non-abrasive liquid dishwashing soap. Rinse and dry the plexiglass with another soft, lint-free cloth. Don't allow the plexiglass to air dry, otherwise water spots will be left behind. Also, avoid using paper towels in the cleaning process because even they are abrasive enough to cause small scratches and eventual opaqueness.

Clean your plexiglass as often as is needed. By not allowing too much dirt and dust to build up, you will avoid the need to clean and scrub too harshly later."
Back to top Go down
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 3:57 am

Just another housewives tip cheers if you have a screen full of bugs place some damp kitchen towels over it for about 10 minutes and they simply wipe off
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 5:15 am

I am astonished at the amount of attention this topic gets on all forums.

We have stock windscreens on our SilverWings and other than the use of Plexus before we head out on a big ride we regularly use Windex and a cotton towel to clean our windscreens. (We often ride on bikes that haven't been washed in a month!) While on the road we use the prepackaged wipes. This has been our modus operendi since August 2003 when we first got our Reflexes. No cloudy windscreens, no micro scratches resulting in crashes due to sunbursts of light.

I continue to be amazed at the obsession with cleaning the windscreen. Just to ease the mind of those who don't have a formalized ritual for cleaning the windscreen - it doesn't matter. Just don't use a brillo pad, comet or sandpaper and you should be fine. Cool
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 6:54 am

This is a forum and like all forums many topics will be talked about and alot of information and ideas will shared amoung it's members. No topic will just end, it just goes on. So if you have a better way to keep your scooters windshield sparkling clean or have a product that you like to use, please join in.

Always remember, it would not be a forum without your input......

DennisB sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 8:32 am

Does anyone use Can-Do, the spray cleaner wax on their stock SW shield?
I have used it on previous bikes, no problem, but will use water till I hear this is ok.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 10:11 am

I'm not saying don't contribute or that it should end, or even that no one should be interested - just that I am amazed this is such a hot topic. And, also that I am surprised that there are so many ways that it should not be done that are endorsed as the only way it should be done. Or that our windscreens are apparently several different compositions of plastic.

Please post on. May be I'm just bored at work today...
Back to top Go down
skydad99
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 10:29 am

kawibiker wrote:
Does anyone use Can-Do, the spray cleaner wax on their stock SW shield?
I have used it on previous bikes, no problem, but will use water till I hear this is ok.

I have never heard of Can-Do, but I don't think any wax type stuff would hurt your windshield. I know Johnson's Pledge works great for cleaning & protecting it.
Back to top Go down
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 11:55 am

Quote :
just that I am amazed this is such a hot topic. And, also that I am surprised that there are so many ways that it should not be done that are endorsed as the only way it should be done. Or that our windscreens are apparently several different compositions of plastic.

So mine made of see through plastic and should not be cleaned with rocks or crocadile teeth

:lol!:
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 1:02 pm

You're all over it. Although powdered crocodile teeth made a real fine dust that is good for removing the scratches.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 1:07 pm

Crocadile teeth!!!

Is that just teeth and not the snappers? Pretty darn scarry way to get the windsield clean.
Back to top Go down
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 1:12 pm

leave them in the croc that way you can get a better grip then throw back in the water
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 1:38 pm

Hy John,

Don't throw them back....recycle'em, I'm thinken a nice pair of boots! YEA! cheers
Back to top Go down
skydad99
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 2:20 pm

I imagine eating crocodile would be about like eating alligator. Use all of it, not just the skin.
Back to top Go down
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 4:45 pm

No just wrestle them
Back to top Go down
tvpRich
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
tvpRich

Registration date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 1:15 am

I used FW1 from www.fastwax.com on my Swing including the windshield. Also WD40 seems to work good on all other rubber & plastic parts for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tvpstudiosburbank.com/
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 3:39 pm

tvpRich wrote:
I used FW1 from www.fastwax.com on my Swing including the windshield. Also WD40 seems to work good on all other rubber & plastic parts for me.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh WD40 on rubber - Nooooooooooooooo

Over a period of time WD40 is known to cause perishing of rubber parts.

Learned the hard way in the aviation industry. affraid
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
tvpRich
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
tvpRich

Registration date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 6:21 pm

Hi.
Well I've heard of that too, but I guess I never owned any rubber parts long enough to see the perishing... What might you suggest for black rubber & plastic to give it that "Dark Shiny Black Look" that stays for at least a week ?
Rich
Back to top Go down
http://www.tvpstudiosburbank.com/
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 6:44 pm

Been using Lemon Pledge, yep, the furniture polish, on my bikes for years. Used it for a lot of years on aircraft windshields. I liked it on float planes because it make the water bead up and blow off better. Cheap and works on the plastic and the windshield. Did I say cheap too?
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 5:31 am

tvpRich wrote:
Hi.
Well I've heard of that too, but I guess I never owned any rubber parts long enough to see the perishing... What might you suggest for black rubber & plastic to give it that "Dark Shiny Black Look" that stays for at least a week ?
Rich

In the UK I use a product called 'Amour All'. restores plastics and puts a nice waterproof coating on it too.

Or you could go the cheap route and use domestic household polish!!!!!!!! Johnsons Pledge or the like as said above!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 5:34 am

exavid wrote:
Been using Lemon Pledge, yep, the furniture polish, on my bikes for years. Used it for a lot of years on aircraft windshields. I liked it on float planes because it make the water bead up and blow off better. Cheap and works on the plastic and the windshield. Did I say cheap too?

As an aside. I was in my local dealer when an Arai helmet Rep was visiting.

A customer asked what would the Rep reccommend to clean his helmets visor.

What do you want? the rep replied, the company answer or my personal advice.

Both was the reply.

Company answer was, buy our Arai visor cleaner at mega bucks

OR

Pledge!!!! Every home has some!!

Says it all really! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
regors
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
regors

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 8:20 am

If you use "Amour All" on your seat you will find yourself sliding forward, if you use it on your tires you might be in for a surprise.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 3:06 pm

regors wrote:
If you use "Amour All" on your seat you will find yourself sliding forward, if you use it on your tires you might be in for a surprise.

Agree but it does state on the 'directions fore use' where it can and cann not be used.

Side walls of tyres, OK tires!!!! are ok but the tread a NO - NO.

Still can't beat domstic furniture polish though.
Back to top Go down
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 10:57 pm

303 aerospace protectant is the best hands down, kind of hard to find though.....
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 12:40 am

And I bet impossible to source in the UK!!
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 2:30 pm

I think this is the same product... and it seems to be available there for yall.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/interior/303-aerospace-protectant/prod_366.html

Gary
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 3:29 pm

Opalsboy, many thanks for the link.
Back to top Go down
stevec
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
stevec

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-07-18

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 9:18 am

What the protectent to used on all the black tupperware?
Back to top Go down
stevec
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
stevec

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-07-18

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 9:24 am

i meant what the best protectent to use on all the black tupperware
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3810
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 11:21 am

I use stuff called Bumper Care made by Autoglym, possibly not available in the US.

I suspect almost anything manufactured by reputable companies for plastic bumpers on cars will be fine.
One just needs to be a bit careful to rub it 'in' thoroughly because it can make surfaces a bit slippery/slick.
Back to top Go down
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 11:52 am

I also use the Ice detailed and shine the most out of all
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 4:08 pm

Any Auto Glym product or for the black plastic I especially like 'Armour All', it really does enhance and bring back that new plastic look.

No idea if it's available in the States but is quite popular in most motoring shops in the UK.
Back to top Go down
ronjr009
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ronjr009

Number of posts : 180

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 10:07 pm

I use a product by Mother's called "Back to Black" It seems to work well for me.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: waxes and/or polishes   waxes and/or polishes I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 4:17 pm

I like Mother's Back to Black too, I use it on my bikes and car.
Back to top Go down

waxes and/or polishes
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Maintenance, Tips and Hints-
Jump to: