Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Hello from Thornton, Colorado I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 15:55

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Hello from Thornton, Colorado I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 11:47

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Hello from Thornton, Colorado I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 11:43

» May 2024 forum picture
Hello from Thornton, Colorado I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 11:41

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Hello from Thornton, Colorado I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 11:28

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Hello from Thornton, Colorado I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 10:15

» LF extended back rest
Hello from Thornton, Colorado I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Today at 01:54

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Hello from Thornton, Colorado I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 17:54

» Drive belt prices
Hello from Thornton, Colorado I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 10:26

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Hello from Thornton, Colorado I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 02:15

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello from Thornton, Colorado

Go down 
+5
JeffR
skiwoods
jdeereanton
DaveR
joncallihan
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Hello from Thornton, Colorado Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Thornton, Colorado   Hello from Thornton, Colorado I_icon_minitimeMon 23 Mar 2009, 21:49

Greetings :D

I just got my motorcycle indorsement last Sept. and have been shopping around for a SWing or Burgman. Last weekend I aquired a 2002 SWing in emaculate shape with only 10k miles on it. I see many fun rides ahead with this bike. Can't wait for the weather to settle down so I can ride every day.

Everyone here in the forum seems to be quite helpful and I thank JeffR for putting together maintainance tips and photo help. Pictures speak volumes. :D
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Thornton, Colorado   Hello from Thornton, Colorado I_icon_minitimeMon 23 Mar 2009, 22:05

Ozzybee,

Finally, a neighbor!! I live in Lafayette, currently waiting for the weather to settle down (as you are) and also for the Russell folks to get my saddle back to me (probably end of next week).

After I wrote this, I had a look at your profile. You are about a year older than my son, a BMW rider, also machinist and cabinet maker. He lives in Dacono.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Thornton, Colorado   Hello from Thornton, Colorado I_icon_minitimeTue 24 Mar 2009, 16:44

Ozzybee, Just "old Dave" in Western Nebr. Scottsbluff to be exact. about 200 miles to the northeast. Welcome..... I have a 2005 SWing 4500 miles on it. I purchased it in July of 2008 with 1351 miles....this last Sunday afternoon I rode it about 100 miles. Beautiful day then we have a blizzard...Not a lot of snow but lots of wind. My daughter and her husband live in Littleton so do get there once in a while...When the weather settles, I plan to ride to Cheyenne...maybe we can all meet there for lunch.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Thornton, Colorado   Hello from Thornton, Colorado I_icon_minitimeTue 24 Mar 2009, 17:25

Welcome to the forum. Please post reviews of the rides you take in and around your location. And do not be afraid to take the SilverWing on extended trips, it can handle them very easily.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
skiwoods
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
skiwoods

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Thornton, Colorado   Hello from Thornton, Colorado I_icon_minitimeTue 24 Mar 2009, 19:06

From one '02 SW owner to another, Welcome!

BTW, the '02 SW is faster than all other years. Keep that in mind if you ever find youself in a drag race with a fellow SW rider. :D
Back to top Go down
http://www.windycitylaser.com/flying.htm

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Thronton, Colorado   Hello from Thornton, Colorado I_icon_minitimeTue 24 Mar 2009, 22:35

Thanks everyone for the greetings. :D

I think I'm going to like my new found friend (SWing). I hope to catch up with some of you in the coming months and maybe show me a thing or two. Is it true that the '02 SWings are faster, Gene? I'm still getting use to the bigger engine. I had a 250cc import and it doesn't even compare. :D
Back to top Go down
skiwoods
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
skiwoods

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Thornton, Colorado   Hello from Thornton, Colorado I_icon_minitimeTue 24 Mar 2009, 23:08

Same engine, but I have been told that the HP in '02 was just a bit more than later years. The only person (other than my son) that I have let ride my SW is a friend who owns an '03. He noticed a difference right away without being aware of this. I would not bet any money that it's true, but just between you and me, this is what I'm going with! Either way they're all great bikes, the '02 models are just a little better than the rest!
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Thornton, Colorado   Hello from Thornton, Colorado I_icon_minitimeWed 25 Mar 2009, 01:12

I'm "Older" but not faster! That's supposed to be taken as a joke...
Just "Old Dave"
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Thornton, Colorado   Hello from Thornton, Colorado I_icon_minitimeWed 25 Mar 2009, 03:41

Ozzy,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining. I think the 2007 Silver-Silver Wings are the fastest though. Rolling Eyes But the SWing is a great bike and I still enjoy it everytime I get on it. If you ever have any questions please just ask and you will sure get some responses. Post some pics of you and your bike in the Album when you get a chance, and also take alot of pics when you ride. I put my camera around my neck when I ride so I can take plenty of pics. Welcome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Thornton, Colorado   Hello from Thornton, Colorado I_icon_minitimeWed 25 Mar 2009, 15:07

Jeff:
I also think that the 2007's are the fastest, but I think the Titanium/Silver ones are a bit faster that the Silver/Silver. Laughing I bought my 2007 new from the dealer last July and I have put over 5,200 miles on it so far.

Ozzy:
Welcome to the world of the Swing. You will love your scoot. Maybe all the local Swing riders can all meet at the Morrison Inn some evening for Margs. (Jon, Ozzy, Malcolm - anybody else??). What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Thornton, Colorado   Hello from Thornton, Colorado I_icon_minitimeWed 25 Mar 2009, 16:22

Well Jeff, the Morrison Inn is a fur piece from Lafayette, I refuse to ride after sunset and I'm an alcoholic -- no, not a meeting going to type, a recognized alcoholic; I drink my first drink where I want to wake up tomorrow. I would much more appreciate lunch somewhere in Arvada.
Back to top Go down
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Thornton, Colorado   Hello from Thornton, Colorado I_icon_minitimeWed 25 Mar 2009, 19:20

Hello from the u.k cheers

john
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Thornton, Colorado   Hello from Thornton, Colorado I_icon_minitimeWed 25 Mar 2009, 21:12

John,
And a proper pint to ye, lad.
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Thornton, Colorado   Hello from Thornton, Colorado I_icon_minitimeWed 25 Mar 2009, 23:09

Welcome Ozzy

Sounds like you found a nice one! There were two Recalls for the 2002 SW. The link gives you the info you will need. Good luck and ride safe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Scootist   Hello from Thornton, Colorado I_icon_minitimeThu 26 Mar 2009, 03:04

Thanks for the invite for Margs in Morrison but I have to agree with Jon on the drinks. Morisson is a far piece away but maybe I'll make there for a soda. drunken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: masscoot "recalls"   Hello from Thornton, Colorado I_icon_minitimeThu 26 Mar 2009, 03:11

masscoot wrote:
Sounds like you found a nice one! There were two Recalls for the 2002 SW. The link gives you the info you will need. Good luck and ride safe.

I'll have to check on those for sure. Surely the problems would have manifested them selves by now. Would there be a time limt on the recalls, after all it's been 7 years.
Back to top Go down
skiwoods
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
skiwoods

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Thornton, Colorado   Hello from Thornton, Colorado I_icon_minitimeFri 27 Mar 2009, 02:35

I had both recalls taken care of last year. There is no time limit. Get them done, they're free.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Recalls   Hello from Thornton, Colorado I_icon_minitimeFri 27 Mar 2009, 21:40

masscoot wrote:

I just got off the phone with Honda and the customer rep told me both recalls had been taken care of in 3/03 and 3/04 and had another recall for the main bike stand that was not on the list had been taken care of in 6/06. Good to know that these were taken care of. Thanks again for the heads up. :D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Thornton, Colorado   Hello from Thornton, Colorado I_icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 11:11

Welcome and we well know the Red ones are the fastest!!! cheers I love the Red color on the '09. I'm still learning about this new bike. I should be able to get out this afternoon...yea!
Back to top Go down
dickie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
dickie

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Thornton, Colorado   Hello from Thornton, Colorado I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Mar 2009, 22:55

Welcome to the forum...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Thornton, Colorado   Hello from Thornton, Colorado I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Mar 2009, 23:03

Been on vacation Dickie? Haven't seen your name until today. :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Thornton, Colorado   Hello from Thornton, Colorado I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Thornton, Colorado
Page 1 of 1