Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Goodbye guys
Added VistaCruise and Powerlet I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 10:58 pm

» LF extended back rest
Added VistaCruise and Powerlet I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 4:29 pm

» noise under load
Added VistaCruise and Powerlet I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Sat May 18, 2024 1:30 pm

» checking the oil
Added VistaCruise and Powerlet I_icon_minitimeby arcamedies13 Sat May 18, 2024 9:32 am

» Ignition wires to which plug?
Added VistaCruise and Powerlet I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu May 16, 2024 6:39 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Added VistaCruise and Powerlet I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Added VistaCruise and Powerlet I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Added VistaCruise and Powerlet I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
Added VistaCruise and Powerlet I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Added VistaCruise and Powerlet I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Added VistaCruise and Powerlet

Go down 
+2
CathyN
Buickguy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Buickguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2011-04-10

Added VistaCruise and Powerlet Empty
PostSubject: Added VistaCruise and Powerlet   Added VistaCruise and Powerlet I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 9:46 pm

I just finished up two minor mods on the S-Wing.
First, I added a VistaCruise throttle lock. I'm sure you are familiar with those.
Also added was a Powerlet/BMW style accessory plug.
I had BMW tourers in the 80s and really liked the positive engagement of the BMW type socket and plug over a cigarette lighter outlet. Since that time a company called Powerlet started making them for the aftermarket. Since I still have a bunch of BMW heated gear and other accessories, I've added at least one to every bike I've had, now including the S-Wing.
Attachments
Added VistaCruise and Powerlet AttachmentSWVistaCruise.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(115 Kb) Downloaded 77 times
Added VistaCruise and Powerlet AttachmentSWPowerlet.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(119 Kb) Downloaded 74 times
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Added VistaCruise and Powerlet   Added VistaCruise and Powerlet I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 10:36 pm

Buickguy,

Bob put a Powerlet plug in the same spot on my Swing. Works well. We also have a Vista Cruise we need to put on still.

Cathy
Back to top Go down
Buickguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Added VistaCruise and Powerlet   Added VistaCruise and Powerlet I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 10:44 pm

They work well. That spot makes wiring easy and the PSO-007 low profile really fits well right there.

http://www.powerlet.com/shop-by-product/plugs-sockets-wire-more/PWRDIST
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3798
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Added VistaCruise and Powerlet   Added VistaCruise and Powerlet I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 1:24 pm

+1 for the 'positive engagement' - much better than ordinary cigar plugs and sockets.
Did you have to take off much tupperware to mount it?
Back to top Go down
Buickguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Added VistaCruise and Powerlet   Added VistaCruise and Powerlet I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 1:57 pm

All I had to pull was the left body panel and I took off the left passenger peg mount. With the low profile PSO-007 there is a spot near the end of the tunnel cover that has just enough clearance. I did measure about four times to make sure the pretty tupperware would not have an issue.
A 3/4 spade bit cut right through. I took positive off of where the battery cable attaches to the starter solenoid, a 15 amp fuse in the positive line for protection and ground comes from a chassis bolt. The entire wire run including fuse is about 8 inches for each wire. I used 14 gauge primary for current capacity. The good part of using the tunnel cover position is the cover from the outlet is the same matte black so the install is not obtrusive or aesthetically displeasing.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3798
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Added VistaCruise and Powerlet   Added VistaCruise and Powerlet I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 2:07 pm

Thank you very much - with those instructions I think even I can do that. cheers
Back to top Go down
smorkle
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
smorkle

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2010-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Added VistaCruise and Powerlet   Added VistaCruise and Powerlet I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 5:29 pm

I cant see from the picture you posted, how did you mount the vista cruise little bar that goes across? Did you install the clamp that came with it or did you put it on the brake clamp?
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Added VistaCruise and Powerlet   Added VistaCruise and Powerlet I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 5:43 pm

Not all VistaCruise throttle locks are the same.The one I have doesn't have a little bar on it.
Back to top Go down
Buickguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Added VistaCruise and Powerlet   Added VistaCruise and Powerlet I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 6:47 pm

I got the VistaCruise model for Honda with two throttle cables. Unlike the universal, it doesn't have the bar across. There is a small tab that goes between the two throttle cables that holds it in place.
The worst part of the installation was the VistaCruise is just a touch tight on the throttle sleeve. even in the released positin it still held the sleeve. Using a bit of sandpaper on the VistaCruise would solve that. I used a Dremel sanding wheel which made short work of it. I did not need to remove much from inside diameter of the Vista Cruise.
The throttle grip had to be pulled away from the switch housing about 1/4 inch and a washer on the bar end weight moved that out enough for everything to clear.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Added VistaCruise and Powerlet   Added VistaCruise and Powerlet I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:39 pm

Buickguy,
Yes that's the same one I have.I don't use it a lot but I would not be with out it.Christmas two years ago the local dealer had them for five dollars so I gave it a try and I like it.
Back to top Go down
smorkle
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
smorkle

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2010-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Added VistaCruise and Powerlet   Added VistaCruise and Powerlet I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 6:19 pm

I just installed my Vista Cruise universal. It said it fits most Hondas and others. It definitely does fit, but I'm worried about the operation of the thing. It doesn't have any sort of release mechanism tied to the brake so it will have to be manually released if it is set when you decide to brake. My biggest concern is that if you were in an emergency slow down situation you don't need one more thing to do to get the engine to return to idle. I haven't tested it out yet, but I plan to soon and I'll report back on how I think the thing operates.
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Added VistaCruise and Powerlet   Added VistaCruise and Powerlet I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 9:20 pm

Im going to go with the Brakeaway control for mine. But not before a givi screen!

http://www.brakeawayproducts.com/productinfo.html

A bit pricey, but the quality, and operation is top shelf
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Added VistaCruise and Powerlet   Added VistaCruise and Powerlet I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Added VistaCruise and Powerlet
Page 1 of 1