Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
I added another state to my list. I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
I added another state to my list. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
I added another state to my list. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
I added another state to my list. I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
I added another state to my list. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
I added another state to my list. I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
I added another state to my list. I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
I added another state to my list. I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
I added another state to my list. I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

» Greetings From 'Phoenix'
I added another state to my list. I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:07 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

I added another state to my list.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
smorkle
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
smorkle

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2010-08-21

I added another state to my list. Empty
PostSubject: I added another state to my list.   I added another state to my list. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:21 pm

Today the girlfriend and I decided to take a ride. We've been planning on adding more states to our list so we looked up the closest point in Nebraska to us and discovered a little town called Rulo. There's nothing much there except a bar&grille and a historical marker, but it *IS* in Nebraska so that became our destination.

It was a sunny day but the upper 60's temperature was a tad chilly for an all day ride, but not unbearable. I mapped out the ride on Google maps and found some back roads to take. Unknown to us, one of the roads I chose was Hwy T and while it DID go through, it was not paved the entire length of the way. Also, there was a T in the road and we turned the wrong way, thereby leading us to a different highway, RA. That highway took us back up to I 29 where we found a cool little store.

This store we found was such an interesting place. It has everything: fireworks, liquor, convenience items, hunting supplies, camping supplies, and of course, antiques. If they ain't got it, you don't need it.

Here is a pic of the inside of the place:
I added another state to my list. Image04302011140423

After the store we rode through Oregon, MO and then on up to Rulo, NE where I took these three pics. In all three pics the scooter is sitting in the same spot and only I moved.

I added another state to my list. Image04302011145532
I added another state to my list. Image04302011145550
I added another state to my list. Image04302011145609

After all of this we rode back taking some differing back roads (and one not so back road) to Cameron, MO where we had a great dinner at Ma & Pa's Kettle Restaurant. They have some good down home food there and you should stop in if you're in the area.

All in all we had a great day riding and hopefully we'll get to take more trips to more states very soon!
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: I added another state to my list.   I added another state to my list. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:27 pm

+1
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
I added another state to my list. 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: I added another state to my list.   I added another state to my list. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 11:42 pm

It's amazing what you find when you're not even looking for them, Thank's for the report Smorkle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I added another state to my list.   I added another state to my list. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I added another state to my list.
Page 1 of 1