Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Arm Rests for the SilverWing I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 4:21 am

» New member from Europe
Arm Rests for the SilverWing I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Arm Rests for the SilverWing I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Arm Rests for the SilverWing I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Arm Rests for the SilverWing I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Arm Rests for the SilverWing I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Arm Rests for the SilverWing I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Arm Rests for the SilverWing I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Arm Rests for the SilverWing I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Arm Rests for the SilverWing I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Arm Rests for the SilverWing

Go down 
+9
gchlupach
Jim Cater
The Scootist
DickO
honda_silver
DenGraham
ultralight
JeffR
DennisB
13 posters
AuthorMessage
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Arm Rests for the SilverWing Empty
PostSubject: Arm Rests for the SilverWing   Arm Rests for the SilverWing I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 5:21 pm

Arm Rests for the SilverWing Arm_re32

Arm Rests for the SilverWing Arm_re33

Last edited by DennisB on Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:52 am; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Arm Rests for the SilverWing   Arm Rests for the SilverWing I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 4:22 pm

DennisB,

The arm rests look great. Also, where did you get the backrest that you have? I think that would be great to have too. I will show these pics to the wife. She said she would like to have armrests to have on our rides but she doesn't like the backrest on the topcase so I would like to look for some other type of backrest. Thanks for advertising it here too.

Do you know if these could be modified for other scoots? You might be able to sell quite a few of these on the Burgman, Majesty, and other sites too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Arm Rests for the SilverWing   Arm Rests for the SilverWing I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 4:39 pm

Hi Jeff,

The back rest is manufactured to fit the Corbin saddle and are about $89.99 on line from a company up north. This $89.99 back rest beats the hell out of paying $250.00 plus for Corbins back rest.

Here is the back rest thread: http://www.harrisonspecialtiesstore.com/servlet/the-27/Corbin-Seat-Drivers-Motorcycle/Detail

DennisB :D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: arm rests   Arm Rests for the SilverWing I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 7:42 am

That arm rest design looks outstanding and I am impressed with your attention to detail.

I have a question regarding the interoperability between the arm rests while using the Givi E52 topcase with it's integrated back rest.

Will the two systems work well together?

Will the installation and use of the arm rests be possible, after the Givi E52 topcase and backrest has been installed?

Thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
ultralight
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
ultralight

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Arm Rests for the SilverWing   Arm Rests for the SilverWing I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 9:14 pm

Dennis,

What's your turn around on orders for the armrests? I've been wanting a set for my S'Wing, these would fit the bill.
Back to top Go down
DenGraham
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DenGraham

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Arm Rests for the SilverWing   Arm Rests for the SilverWing I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 9:18 pm

Dennis,
I sent you a personal message. Did you receive it?
>> Dennis
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Arm Rests for the SilverWing   Arm Rests for the SilverWing I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 9:38 pm

Hi Dennis,

Sorry, but no I did not get you PM.

I just had an accident on my scooter, tonight and my right leg was trapped under the bike. I made a turn to sharp and the scooter just went over with me on it. My right leg really hurts but nothing is broken.

Dennis
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453

PostSubject: Re: Arm Rests for the SilverWing   Arm Rests for the SilverWing I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 9:47 pm

DennisB wrote:
I just had an accident on my scooter, tonight and my right leg was trapped under the bike. I made a turn to sharp and the scooter just went over with me on it. My right leg really hurts but nothing is broken.

Did you have your leg checked??

How is your SWing??
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Arm Rests for the SilverWing   Arm Rests for the SilverWing I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 9:58 pm

Hi Bill,

It just happened. Thank GOD I was wearing my helmet and leather jacket because my head and elbow hit the pavement hard. They had to lift the scooter off my leg because it was trapped. Got a couple of good scratchs and brouses on my leg and ankel.

Just did a quick check on the cost for replacement parts: $840.31 and that's not with man hours.

DennisB
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Arm Rests for the SilverWing   Arm Rests for the SilverWing I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 11:16 pm

DennisB,

I'm sorry to hear about your accident and hope you are ok. It sounds like you're ok but take care of the leg. It must of hurt since the SWing is a heavy bike. Take care and rest up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018

PostSubject: Re: Arm Rests for the SilverWing   Arm Rests for the SilverWing I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 12:39 am

Hey Dennis,
Am really sorry to hear of your misfortune. Must be an epidemic since I just went thru my first tumble. As always, take good care of the wounds first; the SWing can come later. Good luck to you friend.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453

PostSubject: Re: Arm Rests for the SilverWing   Arm Rests for the SilverWing I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 1:27 am

DennisB wrote:
Just did a quick check on the cost for replacement parts: $840.31 and that's not with man hours.

Can you still ride the SWing without the replacement parts??
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Arm Rests for the SilverWing   Arm Rests for the SilverWing I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 7:31 am

Hi Bill,

Yes....the scooter is still rideable but their are alot of tupperware parts that need to be replaced. Mad Here is my replacment list of parts so far:

Handelbar Weight, right side
Mirrior, right side
Front Fender
Front Cover
Inner Cover
Meter (dash) Panel
Muffler Protector
Skirt, right side
Spot light, right side

This list may get longer when I get into replacement mode. Suspect

DennisB
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arm Rests for the SilverWing   Arm Rests for the SilverWing I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 8:01 am

Hey Dennis, It just goes to show, that anybody who rides is in the category of people that have gone down, and people who haven't yet. Yet being the key word. Glad you are ok, take your time and heal up....................................by the way I plan on ordering your G.P.S. mount in a couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Arm Rests for the SilverWing   Arm Rests for the SilverWing I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 9:01 am

Hi Gene,

Well, it was about my time for this to happen. The last time was 1973. A good span of time.

I just lucked out, it might have been a lot uglyer for me. What a Face

I've only had one motorcycle riding tickit in my life and that was when I was 10 years old in 1960. I just have been darn lucky not to get another in my life. Knock on wood. :m/c:

DennisB

Last edited by DennisB on Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Arm Rests for the SilverWing   Arm Rests for the SilverWing I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 5:55 pm

Dennis:
I just noticed the thread about you having a spill. So sorry to hear about that, but glad you are mostly OK.
DCC
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arm Rests for the SilverWing   Arm Rests for the SilverWing I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 1:32 pm

Hi Dennis Marie from England received my mount today 17/6/09 for my swing to put my gps in the centre of my bike it is on already and it is great thanks very much

Marie
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Arm Rests for the SilverWing   Arm Rests for the SilverWing I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 3:46 pm

Hi Marie,

You are very welcome. If you get a chance take a few photos of your GPS mounted on your Scooter and post them on the forum.

Thank You again, your friend in the U.S.A. sunny

DennisB
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arm Rests for the SilverWing   Arm Rests for the SilverWing I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 5:37 pm

Where are the pictures of the arm rests . I may try to build my own and would like some ideas .
Back to top Go down
Jim Cater
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Jim Cater

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Arm Rests for the SilverWing   Arm Rests for the SilverWing I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 12:05 am

I saw the pic & like them!! I'd like to order a set.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gwrra.org
gchlupach
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Arm Rests for the SilverWing   Arm Rests for the SilverWing I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 10:31 am

Are the arm rests adjustable for height?

Jerry
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Arm Rests for the SilverWing   Arm Rests for the SilverWing I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 11:11 am

Ok Jerry, What other arm rest kit for the silverwing are adjustable? I can make them shorter (less taller) if you need them. 1" to 2" if you they need to be. Have your riding partner seat on the back and measure the from tip of the scooters hand grip streight up to bottom of your partners arms.
Back to top Go down
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2010-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Arm Rests for the SilverWing   Arm Rests for the SilverWing I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 4:48 am

Dennis sorry to hear about your mishap.Glad your OK last year I came back from a long ride A little tired.While putting the V star back in the garage lost control and it went down on the left side What saved me and the bike was the Engine guards. Will this give you something to think about while you are healing Or is your mind in high gear now Tony PS I will order the first set of bars That you come up with
Back to top Go down
Wnbasac
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2012-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Arm Rests for the SilverWing   Arm Rests for the SilverWing I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2020 10:42 am

I see that this is an old thread but was wondering if the arm rests are still available?
Back to top Go down
Japcati
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2021-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Arm Rests for the SilverWing   Arm Rests for the SilverWing I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2021 4:08 am

12 year old thread revival time?
Where can that back rest be got from?
Is Dennis still here?
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3783
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Arm Rests for the SilverWing   Arm Rests for the SilverWing I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2021 6:03 am

Dennis retired some years ago having stopped making bits for the Silverwing.
Back to top Go down
Japcati
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2021-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Arm Rests for the SilverWing   Arm Rests for the SilverWing I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2021 6:29 am

MikeO wrote:
Dennis retired some years ago having stopped making bits for the Silverwing.
Ah right thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arm Rests for the SilverWing   Arm Rests for the SilverWing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arm Rests for the SilverWing
Page 1 of 1