Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Simple arm rests for the Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Simple arm rests for the Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:43 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Simple arm rests for the Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:41 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Simple arm rests for the Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:35 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Simple arm rests for the Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Simple arm rests for the Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 5:15 am

» LF extended back rest
Simple arm rests for the Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Simple arm rests for the Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Simple arm rests for the Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Simple arm rests for the Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Simple arm rests for the Silverwing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Darkeswinger
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Darkeswinger

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2010-06-11

Simple arm rests for the Silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Simple arm rests for the Silverwing   Simple arm rests for the Silverwing I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 4:23 pm

In order to get more riding time I built some arm rests for my Swing, so the wife could come along. The materials are inexpensive, and easy to get. The arm rests mount to the Givi Top Box mounting plate. The brackets, and hinge are made from 3/16" x 2" flat stock. The arm rest is made from 3/8" steel rod, 1" x 1/8" flat stock, and the pads were from a discarded office chair. I drilled one hole in the Givi mounting plate. The brackets fit right up against the bend in the Givi plate. The arm rests swivel in and out while not interfering with the Top Box. The hinge maintains tension by using a nylon locking nut. I attached a cup holder to the right side arm rest. Caution... the welds are not pretty, but they hold well. The pictures are in my album.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Simple arm rests for the Silverwing   Simple arm rests for the Silverwing I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 5:28 pm

You sure put allot thought into this project and it shows. Please let us know how they work out for you.

Please know that I do not stand in judgment of anyone's work. My shop is full of idea's that failed to meet up to what I wanted and how I wanted them to work. Remember if this design doesn't work try again and keep trying until you succeed in your goal.
Back to top Go down
Darkeswinger
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Darkeswinger

PostSubject: Re: Simple arm rests for the Silverwing   Simple arm rests for the Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 8:54 am

Thanks Dennis for the encouragement. I try to do mods that can be removed without leaving evidence of their existence, in case I need to sell, and the buyer is a purist. Mostly I just like to come up with creative alternatives to mods that I can't easily justify to my loving wife.
Back to top Go down
Darkeswinger
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Darkeswinger

PostSubject: Re: Simple arm rests for the Silverwing   Simple arm rests for the Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 12:49 pm

The armrests work very well according to my wife. The cup holder sealed the deal and we had a nice two hour jaunt. She enjoyed the scenery, with her coffee, and felt very comfortable and secure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simple arm rests for the Silverwing   Simple arm rests for the Silverwing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Simple arm rests for the Silverwing
Page 1 of 1