Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
body kit or extentions  I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 2:49 am

» New to Me Swing
body kit or extentions  I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
body kit or extentions  I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
body kit or extentions  I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
body kit or extentions  I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
body kit or extentions  I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
body kit or extentions  I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
body kit or extentions  I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
body kit or extentions  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
body kit or extentions  I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

body kit or extentions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
turboscooter
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
turboscooter

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-03-29

body kit or extentions  Empty
PostSubject: body kit or extentions    body kit or extentions  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 11:32 pm

does anyone know if there are any after market body kits, fully enclosed ferrings, and if there are any after market swing arms? i want to stretch and give the turbo sw a new look. ive seen pictures, just dont know where to look. any links would be nice. thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: body kit or extentions    body kit or extentions  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 3:55 pm

I only know of one person that has turbocharged a Silverwing, engine, and they put it in a snowmobile!

Please share with us the specifics of your turbocharging.
A step by step how to, with specific part numbers and as much detail as possible, (the same way JeffR does his maintenance pictorials on this site if you need an example) would be a welcome and unique edition to the Silverwing community.

As to a body kit, I am the only one who has done any body kit and fiberglass work on the silverwing (outside Japan) to my knowledge. You can check it out in my gallery. However this was a body kit I had sent to me from Japan, and it was actually designed for another bike. The quality and fit of the side lights was really bad, and of course all the fiberglass work added weight to the bike. It isn't something I would recommend to others.

There is a link in my sig that says "here". Check it out.

Dan
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: body kit or extentions    body kit or extentions  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 6:29 pm

Here is a couple of shots of the cowl with the Japanese side cowls fiberglassed in.

body kit or extentions  Dscn0010

body kit or extentions  Dscn0011
Back to top Go down
turboscooter
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
turboscooter

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-03-29

PostSubject: Re: body kit or extentions    body kit or extentions  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 8:44 pm

hey dan,

all i pretty much was get a turbo off of a volkswagon jetta 1.8 t, removed the muffler and i tied it into the exhaust. removed the air filter to tie it directly into the airbox and filtered the turbo. im saving money to get a power commander. i have just recently burned the berrings in my turbo so i am upgrading to a t3 most likely. im looking for an extension kit and longer belt. i had the bike maxed out very quickly with the small turbo so i know the new one will defently have bigger balls. if i can get a step by step picture process when i redo it i will post it up for you guys to see. i have to run custom oil lines and water lines. so i will be sure to capture the magic. im also thinking about getting racing ferrings and building them to the mold of the bike. i want to enclose it and give it a crotch rocket look. with the turbo, it will be nice!
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: body kit or extentions    body kit or extentions  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 11:22 pm

Here is the link to the pdf from the guy that turbocharged the wing engine for use in the snowmobile. Maybe it will help you in your turbo work.

http://www.mtukrc.org/download/buffalo/suny_buffalo_design_paper_2005.pdf
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: body kit or extentions    body kit or extentions  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

body kit or extentions
Page 1 of 1