Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Today at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

DennisB Arm Rest Kit :) WOW

Go down 
+10
Windrider
JeffR
MikeO
honda_silver
billc.
dickie
Opalsboy
DennisB
jdeereanton
Skippy
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-08-18

DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW Empty
PostSubject: DennisB Arm Rest Kit :) WOW   DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 7:43 am

I have just managed to wrestle my arm rest kit out of the clutches of the Royal Mail!!

On opening the package, to say that I was taken aback is a major understatement. Shocked Shocked

It is without doubt the best piece of aftermarket equipment that I have ever seen made for a motorcycle!!! The quality and finish is superb.

I never had any doubt that Dennis was as good as his word, and the recommendations from other forum users, but this is beyond all!

Sally is over the moon too, declaring 'a snooze on the back of the bike will be a pleasure not a problem from now on'

Many, many thanks Dennis, if ever you need a reference just point em my way Smile
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: DennisB Arm Rest Kit :) WOW   DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 8:06 am

Great post, made me think that we need a "like" button.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: DennisB Arm Rest Kit :) WOW   DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 9:26 am

Skippy,

Thank You very much for the kind words. sunny
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: DennisB Arm Rest Kit :) WOW   DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 9:42 am

I would be interested to know if there has EVER been something someone has ordered from Dennis that when received didn't create the same reaction. I know that the first thing I bought from Dennis was the GPS mount. I didn't know him from Adam and was just as impressed as Skippy. Since then I have bought just about everything Dennis makes (he makes a great bean soup by the way) ...and every time I open a package, it is like Christmas all over again.

Yeah, now that I have met and spent time in person with the little fellow we know here as DennisB, I still appreciate his designing and manufacturing skill.

Ride -- Sally-- Ride,

Back to top Go down
dickie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
dickie

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: DennisB Arm Rest Kit :) WOW   DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 9:57 pm

I vote for Dennis to market his "bean soup". My GPS mount from Dennis works like a charm. Dick
Back to top Go down
billc.
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
billc.

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: DennisB Arm Rest Kit :) WOW   DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 9:11 am

My GPS mount came first, and it was a 5 minute installation and a perfect fit.
Then came my ARMRESTS, and they have proved to be "the best". Even the Honda Dealer was impressed!!!
Dennis even CALLED ME to ask if everything was o.k. with the armrest installation. I appreciated knowing I could contact the mfg. and get a quick and knowledgeable respsonse if ever I had a question.
THANK YOU! Dennis...billc.
Back to top Go down
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

PostSubject: Re: DennisB Arm Rest Kit :) WOW   DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:10 am

Arm rests now fitted Smile Took me longer to read the instructions than it did to fit them LOL!

Only ran into one problem.... what on earth is a 7/16th spanner??? Us (half) metric people don't have stuff like that - (except that I do; last time it saw daylight was to fix a Harley...........) Twisted Evil

Off to get some flu remedy, before somebody from the ministry trys putting me down!
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: DennisB Arm Rest Kit :) WOW   DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 11:08 am

Hi Skippy,

Sorry...Maybe I should have sent a 7/16" open end wrench along with the Kit.

I'm just a student in this world and still learning.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: DennisB Arm Rest Kit :) WOW   DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 12:07 pm

DennisB wrote:
Hi Skippy,

Sorry...Maybe I should have sent a 7/16" open end wrench along with the Kit.

Or use a metric size ... if possible.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: DennisB Arm Rest Kit :) WOW   DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 12:19 pm

It seems that the problems with Dennis' stuff is that the US failed to adopt the Metric system with the rest of the universe in the 60s.Smile Sorry Skippy it's those dang politicians again. Razz
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3790
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: DennisB Arm Rest Kit :) WOW   DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 12:31 pm

Only ran into one problem.... what on earth is a 7/16th spanner??? Us (half) metric people don't have stuff like that - (except that I do; last time it saw daylight was to fix a Harley...........)

I don't know - you youngsters! Razz

My Double-Bubble, the epitomy of an English motor-car, needed A/F and Whitworth spanners for any maintenance.
For my 21st Birthday, my aunt gave me a top-of-the-range Elora socket set which had A/F, Whitworth and Metric sockets.
It was really expensive - £15.00!
I've still got it and had only to replace the ratchet and innumerable ½" sockets.
Back to top Go down
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

PostSubject: Re: DennisB Arm Rest Kit :) WOW   DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 2:39 pm

Dennis,

NOT to worry mate, I was only pulling ya leg!! Remember you sent me an email telling me I needed the spanner!! Smile

Mike, I know exactly what you mean Smile a few years ago a friend and I built a 'machine' to take us to the Elephant Treffen in Southern Bavaria. We used the ubiquitious 'Reliant Rialto' as a donor/base.

For those of you out side UK (and don't know of Reliant) follow the link, and once you've stopped laughing read up!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reliant

Reliant was, sadly, the most successful 'British' only ever owned motorcar manufacturer, how they tottered on from one owner/crisis to another is beyond most folks comprehension!

The 'contraption' that we managed to produce (in only 6 weeks) is the only know Reliant derived machine to make it there and back! Many have tried, all but us failed Smile Unbeknown to us when we started but Reliant hadn't changed the tooling for the construction of their machine since they first started making them - which meant everything original was fitted using an imperial thread, while everything we did used metric...... Big tool kit LOL. They didn't bother to notify of wiring loom upgrades either which meant I had to use a workshop manual from the previous model to work out what was what, dead handy.

It was a round trip of 1978 miles, and according to the GPS we did it at an average speed of 48.2 miles an hour, with a fastest recorded speed of 74.8 mph, again logged on the GPS - according to the very overly optomistic speedo we were doing nearer 90 but at the time we had a very pissed off Big Rig driver behind us, who I am convinced was trying to run us off the road!!! I was far to busy trying to keep the whole effort between the white lines to glance down for too long Smile I've still got the machine and should get it out next summer and dismantle it for spares, I might make a few pennies back on the scrap value Smile
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: DennisB Arm Rest Kit :) WOW   DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 3:49 pm

I know what you mean..I bought the GPS mount from Dennis and he didn't tell me I needed a metric screwdriver. It took me days to figure it out. chickendance
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: DennisB Arm Rest Kit :) WOW   DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 5:55 pm

Hey Skippy,

If you only would have mounted a couple 50 Cal. machine guns on it, you could have called her "The HMS Defiant". pirat

The Star Trek people would have had to pay you big money to use the name. affraid

JeffR...Metric screw driver? Why not!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Windrider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Windrider

Registration date : 2010-07-05

PostSubject: Re: DennisB Arm Rest Kit :) WOW   DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 6:42 pm

Great post, made me think that we need a "like" button.[/quote]

I think that would be Great

Last edited by Windrider on Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sweendog
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Sweendog

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: DennisB Arm Rest Kit :) WOW   DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 11:50 pm

Skippy wrote:

For those of you out side UK (and don't know of Reliant) follow the link, and once you've stopped laughing read up!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reliant

Reliant was, sadly, the most successful 'British' only ever owned motorcar manufacturer, how they tottered on from one owner/crisis to another is beyond most folks comprehension!

My god that Scimitar model is butt-ugly!
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: DennisB Arm Rest Kit :) WOW   DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 5:35 am

True but the GTE body was used on a dragster to great effect by the UK's greatest builder and driver, Dennis Priddle (scroll down in each link for pictures in the first two):

http://www.theaccelerationarchive.co.uk/john/woolfe_01.html

http://www.theaccelerationarchive.co.uk/dennis/priddle_01.html

http://www.oldstox.com/images/Whistler%20new.jpg
Back to top Go down
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

PostSubject: Re: DennisB Arm Rest Kit :) WOW   DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 7:32 am

Dennis,

in that particular case 'HMS' would've stood for 'Her Majestys Sledge'!!! It certainly wouldn't have floated - except like a brick! Smile

Unfortunately, unlike your Governments liberal attitude towards fire arms, the mounting of 50 cals on a vehicle is about as far the wrong side of the law as you can get here in the UK! We still get deaths due to fire arms, but thankfully its still a rare occurence here in the UK.

Unfortunately, the draconian laws we do have are strictly the knee jerk reaction of a paranoid government, who in a single sweeping measure removed every single legally held weapon from its law abiding citizens - somehow a lot of the weapons handed in, didn't get destroyed..... Some went to the military (like my SPAS 12 shotgun) and even more went out the back door into the hands of criminals.

A friend of mine in the REME served during the Falklands War and brought an Argentinian FN back home as a 'war prize' (at the time it was still legal to own). Like all sensible folk on arrival back at Pompy he handed it over for inspection, cataloging etc. In return he got a receipt. Fast foward two years and he is visited, in Germany, by 3 members of the British military police criminal investigation unit. They want to know where he keeps his rifle??? My friend explains that he never got it back, and produces the receipt. After being made to feel very uncomfortable for quite a while the MP's finally tell him that 'his' rifle was part of a haul 'found' in Northern Ireland....... I don't think he ever got it back, but it also does make you wonder just who was giving what aid to whom during that time???? It sure as hell worried me for quite a while.

TBH, I think its a bit like this Wikileaks joke, why are people so surprised to find out that their governments lie to them????? I mean every four years our so called 'MP's or in you case 'representatives' come around, spin us all a crock of shite and ask us to vote for them..... Once in power, they just carry on the motion!
Back to top Go down
midlifecrisis (Paul)
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
midlifecrisis (Paul)

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2010-11-23

PostSubject: Re: DennisB Arm Rest Kit :) WOW   DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 2:16 pm

Skippy wrote:
Arm rests now fitted Smile Took me longer to read the instructions than it did to fit them LOL!

Only ran into one problem.... what on earth is a 7/16th spanner??? Us (half) metric people don't have stuff like that - (except that I do; last time it saw daylight was to fix a Harley...........) Twisted Evil

Off to get some flu remedy, before somebody from the ministry trys putting me down!

I think pics of the armrests that have been fitted should be depicted herein dont you think ? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Windrider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Windrider

PostSubject: Re: DennisB Arm Rest Kit :) WOW   DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 3:52 pm

Trike Kit,
I just sold my Goldwing Trike about 3 mo's ago. I do like the Swing but miss my 06 trike. Sold my 07 Harley Roadking and bought the 2008 SWing. I needed a lighter bike. I have been on 2 wheels for 57 years, still can't keep up with John though.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: DennisB Arm Rest Kit :) WOW   DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 4:31 pm

midlifecrisis wrote:
Skippy wrote:

I think pics of the armrests that have been fitted should be depicted herein dont you think ? Laughing

Skippy, you could have used an 11mm spanner -- it and a 7/16 inch are interchangeable. :flower:
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: DennisB Arm Rest Kit :) WOW   DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 6:36 pm

Windrider wrote:
I just sold my Goldwing Trike about 3 mo's ago. I do like the Swing but miss my 06 trike.

I am curious why you sold the Goldwing Trike?

Back to top Go down
Windrider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Windrider

PostSubject: Re: DennisB Arm Rest Kit :) WOW   DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 7:28 am

honda_silver wrote:
Windrider wrote:
I just sold my Goldwing Trike about 3 mo's ago. I do like the Swing but miss my 06 trike.

I am curious why you sold the Goldwing Trike

We needed the money for other things and after I bought the SWing, It did not get ridden very much.

Elmo
Back to top Go down
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

PostSubject: Re: DennisB Arm Rest Kit :) WOW   DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 3:33 pm

Pictures as requested.

My pillion Sally, well happy with her back rest (Givi) & DennisB Arm Rest kit. Out and about in Exeter - aka shopping.

From a riders point of view these two mods have transformed the ride and handling. Now Sal relaxes on the back, goes with the flow and enjoys it. Eversince the poor girl had a stroke, her sense of balance has somewhat been effected, the security the armrest give her has really transformed her riding experience and for that Dennis will have our eternal gratitude! Not so long ago both of us thought that perhaps Sally would have to give up riding - something she really used to enjoy. Now we can look forward to more great days out Smile

DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW P1020015

DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW P1020014

DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW P1020013

The price of fuel has now risen to just below £1-25 a litre here in Exeter, and only now has my wonderful girl come around to the idea that as long as we aren't shopping (I love the 'We' bit) then taking the bike out and about will be far more ecominical than her car.... Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing?????
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: DennisB Arm Rest Kit :) WOW   DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 4:14 pm

It only takes a second to look at the face of Sally to know that SHE is a happy girl. Skippy, you made a wise investment in Sally and now equally wise investment FOR her.
Many happy miles to you both.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: DennisB Arm Rest Kit :) WOW   DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 6:14 pm

Hi Skippy,

That is one beautiful smile! Makes my heart sing. sunny
Back to top Go down
kbcmdba
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
kbcmdba

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2011-05-05

PostSubject: Re: DennisB Arm Rest Kit :) WOW   DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 4:24 pm

Arm rest kit looks amazing! Will have to add that to my must-haves list.
Back to top Go down
http://kbcmdba.blogspot.com/
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: DennisB Arm Rest Kit :) WOW   DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 4:33 pm

IIRC Dennis found them too much hassle to keep making.

Maybe you could twist his arm. Wink
Back to top Go down
kbcmdba
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
kbcmdba

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2011-05-05

PostSubject: Re: DennisB Arm Rest Kit :) WOW   DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 11:34 am

Darn.
Back to top Go down
http://kbcmdba.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DennisB Arm Rest Kit :) WOW   DennisB Arm Rest Kit :)  WOW I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DennisB Arm Rest Kit :) WOW
Page 1 of 1