Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
Most memorable Christmas of 66 I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Most memorable Christmas of 66 I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
Most memorable Christmas of 66 I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» I said Farewell...
Most memorable Christmas of 66 I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Most memorable Christmas of 66 I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Most memorable Christmas of 66 I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Most memorable Christmas of 66 I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Most memorable Christmas of 66 I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Most memorable Christmas of 66 I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Most memorable Christmas of 66 I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Most memorable Christmas of 66

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Most memorable Christmas of 66 Empty
PostSubject: Most memorable Christmas of 66   Most memorable Christmas of 66 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 9:21 pm

I really believe I have posted this before, but I have searched everywhere for it and can't find it... it may have been on that other forum before I got booted...

My most memorable Christmas (I would like to hear of yours.)

I have experienced 66 Christmas seasons. There have been no bad ones and there have been several special ones. However, there is one that is very special. One that I will never forget. One that taught me the true meaning of the Christmas season. Please let me share that memory with you.

As a ten year boy in 1954, I had reached the point of almost not believing in Santa. I wanted to believe very much. There were some older friends of mine that had stopped believing and I had noticed that they only got clothes for Christmas. I was not ready for the clothes thing yet.

I had found an ad in the back of a comic book for a toy that was popular in those days called a Kiddy Projector. It projected pictures to a wall or screen if you put the projector over the picture. I think the toy cost about $5.00. I wanted a Kiddy Projector and I wanted one BAD.... I wrote a letter to Santa and pleaded for the toy projector. I dropped the letter in the mail box and waited for Christmas day.

My brother, Alan, and I stayed awake that Christmas eve talking until nearly midnight. Finally we went to sleep. The next thing that I remember is hearing a noise about 2 am that I believed was Santa leaving through the front door. We didn't have a chimmney and we didn't even have a lock on the door back then. I immediately got up and went into the front room and to my surprise, there was my projector. However it was not my Kiddie Projector, it was this, a 16 mm KEYSTONE projector.

https://2img.net/u/3413/63/00/33/album/keysto11.jpg

I am not sure if it was my excitement or Santa leaving, but something woke up mom and dad. I didn't know why for several years but they were already up and dressed. Soon my brother joined the group and there in our living room, we were watching Blazing Saddles with Tim Holt, Woody Woodpecker ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf8kPfAneq8 ), Abbot and Costello in Midget Car Maniacs ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WjW7Gs1DhQ ) and Chimps Jamboree ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N97pF4TPB60 ). We watched them over and over again until it was daylight and the excitement was still going .

Now you may wonder why this is such a special memory for me, even now after all these years.. I want to make it very clear that it was not the gift. As you look at this projector, you will see that it is all rusty. The wires are all rotten. It hasn't been used in several years. The films have long been lost. No, it was not the gift. It was the fact that it was more than I asked for. It was something that I did not deserve. It was something that my parents could not afford. It was something they did for me just because they loved me. That is the real meaning of Christmas.

God gave me a gift that first Christmas morning. It too was something that I did not ask for. It too was something that I did not deserve. It too was something that He could not afford. It too was a gift given just because He loved me. That is the true meaning of CHRISTmas.

My prayer during the special season is that God will bless you all.

Last edited by Opalsboy on Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added links to actual film.. except the Midget Car Maniacs film I had was silent. Must be mistaken about title of the Tim Holt film. Blazing Saddles is not listed in his BIO...)
Back to top Go down
dickie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
dickie

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Most memorable Christmas of 66 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most memorable Christmas of 66   Most memorable Christmas of 66 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 7:05 pm

Well said and have a Merry CHRISTmas....
Back to top Go down

Most memorable Christmas of 66
Page 1 of 1