Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» I said Farewell...
New Bike T-Max 75 mile Review. I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 2:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
New Bike T-Max 75 mile Review. I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 4:05 am

» LF extended back rest
New Bike T-Max 75 mile Review. I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 1:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
New Bike T-Max 75 mile Review. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 9:56 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
New Bike T-Max 75 mile Review. I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:28 am

» Drive belt prices
New Bike T-Max 75 mile Review. I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
New Bike T-Max 75 mile Review. I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
New Bike T-Max 75 mile Review. I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
New Bike T-Max 75 mile Review. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:01 am

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
New Bike T-Max 75 mile Review. I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New Bike T-Max 75 mile Review.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SWing2010
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-07-23

New Bike T-Max 75 mile Review. Empty
PostSubject: New Bike T-Max 75 mile Review.   New Bike T-Max 75 mile Review. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 10:48 pm

Guys,

I received my T-Max 11.19.2010, with 1 mile on the clock. The weather here in California has been lousy for a a couple of days, but I was able to go out today.
First off, the T-Max is an well made machine, on par with the quality of my Swing. Brakes/fuel/transmission/lighting systems are all first rate, the transmission is exceptionally smooth. Power delivery is excellent, you twist, it goes. No perceptable delay between throttle and the bike moving forward. Brakes are excellent non-ABS units, providing plenty of stopping power.
I rode the bike through many different situations just to get a feel for her performance. I rode Mulholland for about 5 miles on the twisties, the bikes 15 inch wheels really come into their own. Handling was outstanding, I never once felt like the bike was going to go out of control.
Riding up steep hills, T-MAX never lost power, as a matter of fact the steepest hills were a cinch. Freeways were even easier, I know the bike was in its break in period, but speeds of 75-95 mph were easily achieved. Cruising was effortless, I could maintain speeds of 65-75 mph, with the tach reading 4800-5500 rpm.
As was said earlier, the one thing that struck me was power delivery, it was outstanding there is no delay,power is instant. Anyway, my .02, Swing2010
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: New Bike T-Max 75 mile Review.   New Bike T-Max 75 mile Review. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 1:40 pm

Thanks for the report. I like the looks of the T-Max and would consider one if I was in the market for a new bike.

Enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: New Bike T-Max 75 mile Review.   New Bike T-Max 75 mile Review. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 8:12 pm

How is the power, and ride-ability, compare to the s-wing?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Bike T-Max 75 mile Review.   New Bike T-Max 75 mile Review. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 9:08 pm

I'm very interested in the tmax 750. I did a search on the Yamaha site
and wasn't able to find it on the Yamaha site under scooters. can you give
me a link so i can look at it and price it? thanks
Paul
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: New Bike T-Max 75 mile Review.   New Bike T-Max 75 mile Review. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 9:27 pm

paul_scooter wrote:
I'm very interested in the tmax 750. I did a search on the Yamaha site
and wasn't able to find it on the Yamaha site under scooters. can you give
me a link so i can look at it and price it? thanks
Paul

Looks like they only make 1@499cc.
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelspecs/607/0/specs.aspx

There is a thread on comparison between s-wing and tmax over at total ruckus

http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=45760
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3295
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: New Bike T-Max 75 mile Review.   New Bike T-Max 75 mile Review. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 2:21 am

I had a TMAX, bought new, put quick 11,000 miles on it and got rid of. It handles better than than SilverWing is at least as fast, bear to work on.

Mine went bye bye for two reasons #1 horrible wind management, might be better now with the availability of the new Givi 2 piece windshield #2 Looked to me to be very expensive to keep if you ride serious miles, like chain and belt drive, wet clutch in addition to rubber band arrangement.

Much more fun to ride----right now there are some left overs in dealer. Requires Prem. fuel. Givi rack much more complicated to put on. From riding position it sounds like outboard motor (not bad) wasted money on after market exhaust that only made it slower and much more noise.

John Grinsel
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3790
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: New Bike T-Max 75 mile Review.   New Bike T-Max 75 mile Review. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 4:39 am

A very good friend of mine bought one to go with his X9 500.
He does all his own maintenance and is the mechanical guru on the X9OC forum.
He quite regularly strips down his bikes to the bare frame so knows what's going on.

He liked the T-Max as a machine to ride but sold it quite soon as he said that in order to do any engine work in particular, he had to take off most of the panels and it was far too time-consuming.

He bought a Gilera Nexus instead! Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Bike T-Max 75 mile Review.   New Bike T-Max 75 mile Review. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:10 pm

i had a mk .1. t-max 500.handling was awesome ,power was very good,mine did have a mallossi variator,yamaha R6 brake calipers.it was very good but did cost quite a bit on o.e. parts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Bike T-Max 75 mile Review.   New Bike T-Max 75 mile Review. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Bike T-Max 75 mile Review.
Page 1 of 1