Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Mismatched tire brands I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Mismatched tire brands I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Mismatched tire brands I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Mismatched tire brands I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Mismatched tire brands I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Mismatched tire brands I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Mismatched tire brands I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Mismatched tire brands I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Mismatched tire brands I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Mismatched tire brands I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Mismatched tire brands

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dale
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2010-10-07

Mismatched tire brands Empty
PostSubject: Mismatched tire brands   Mismatched tire brands I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 11:35 pm

In familiarising myself with my 07 Silverwing, it struck me as odd that while the tire sizes seemed correct according to my owners manual and service manual, the front is a Bridgestone and the rear an IRC. Could it have come from the factory like that? It only had 2000 miles showing on the odo when I got it, but three previous owners. The local dealer ran the VIN for recalls and service records for me, but didn't turn up anything. Can any one shed light on my puzzlement?
Back to top Go down
Sweendog
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Sweendog

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Mismatched tire brands   Mismatched tire brands I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:29 am

Well, both tires are used by Honda as OEM tires, but I've not heard of a bike coming w/one of each. It's certainly possible there was a tire puncture or damage, and one of them had to be replaced. It won't hurt anything though, as long as they're both in good condition.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Mismatched tire brands   Mismatched tire brands I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:32 am

Both tires are specified as approved by Honda for use on the Swing. Perhaps one of the previous owners had a flat that necessitated tire replacement, or perhaps it did come from the factory that way. Either way, you're OK.
Back to top Go down
billmc
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Mismatched tire brands   Mismatched tire brands I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 9:33 am

I do not have enough experience to say one way or the other about tires on the scooter. What I can tell you is years ago I had a Chevelle Malibu. Didn't have a lot of money at the time, so I was running different brands of tires. The car didn't handle all that good, but I was young and inexperienced and didn't really know that it wasn't handling well. Christmas came along and Santa Claus brought me a set of matching tires. What a difference. The car was great. Since then, I've never mixed brands of tires.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Sweendog
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Sweendog

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Mismatched tire brands   Mismatched tire brands I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 11:06 am

You were likely noticing the difference between old tires and new tires. If I had you ride on a scoot with matched tires that had 4,000 miles on them, and were 4 years old, then had you ride the same scoot with new, unmatched tires, I can almost guarantee you that you'd notice the difference immediately, and it would be an improvement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mismatched tire brands   Mismatched tire brands I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mismatched tire brands
Page 1 of 1