Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Greetings From Mid-Western Ontario Canada I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 1:54 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Greetings From Mid-Western Ontario Canada I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Greetings From Mid-Western Ontario Canada I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Greetings From Mid-Western Ontario Canada I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Greetings From Mid-Western Ontario Canada I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Greetings From Mid-Western Ontario Canada I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Greetings From Mid-Western Ontario Canada I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Greetings From Mid-Western Ontario Canada I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Greetings From Mid-Western Ontario Canada I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Greetings From Mid-Western Ontario Canada I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Greetings From Mid-Western Ontario Canada

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2010-09-15

Greetings From Mid-Western Ontario Canada Empty
PostSubject: Greetings From Mid-Western Ontario Canada   Greetings From Mid-Western Ontario Canada I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 3:42 pm

Hello All, just bought a used K5 SWing with 4200 kms.

Previously owned by a first time lady rider who couldn't handle it and dropped it twice ... of course once on each side! Lots of tupperware scratches/damage and I'm thinking of either respraying the panels or simplying buying new ones. Mechanically it's in fine shape.

I did a little riding years ago but never really pursued it until about 5 years ago. Previous scooters owned and now sold included a Honda Elite 80 and 2 Honda Elites 250. Current armada includes a K5 Honda Reflex, K5 Big Ruckus, K4 Burgman 400 and the new-to-me SWing. The Reflex and Big Ruck will be offered for sale next spring as 4 is simply too many scoots.

My sweetie (on her Reflex) and I ride about 10,000 kms. (6,100 mi.) per season and we just love it. She'll probably take over the Burg if I like and stick with this SWing.

If we're riding a really far distance together, we'll trailer the scoots in an enclosed 6x12 cargo trailer I've customizied for this purpose. That way we can combine our love of camping with riding. A perfect vacation combo for us.

In June, I rode down from Canada to St. Louis MO (about 1,200 kms. one way) to join a bunch of maxi-scooter enthusiaists riding Missouri's backroads. That was fun and I met a bunch of great people ... good technical riders too! Previously we've ridden the Blue Ridge mountain roads with Anthony's group, the Dragon ... my sweeties favourite and at home, we ride regularly with our local Southern Cruisers Riding Club chapter.

I will always be a "student" of the ride and have read David Hough's books and several other dozens of times. I believe I can always improve my riding skills regardless of how good a rider I think I am. When group riding, I am 100% focussed on having a fun and safe ride ... always willing to help others out with their technique, understanding of riding physics and building their confidence.

Although most of the time I ride gently, I love hitting the corners hard and flicking my rides through their paces. With only a couple of hundred kilomteres on this new SWing, I can already tell it will be less flickable and more to handle than my Burg 400. Nonetheless, I love the raw power in the SWing as compared to the Burg and look to master it as I have my other rides.

I really look forward to the sharing that these forums offer and wish you all ... a safe and fun ride! Cheers, ~ sonuvabug ~

Last edited by sonuvabug on Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GaryL
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
GaryL

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2010-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Mid-Western Ontario Canada   Greetings From Mid-Western Ontario Canada I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Welcome to the Forum! There are a great bunch of folks here that contribute to this Forum that have tons of experience and knowledge.

I'm sure that you'll love the SWing! I downgraded from a GoldWing for medical reasons, and I'm loving mine!

Ride Safe!
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Mid-Western Ontario Canada   Greetings From Mid-Western Ontario Canada I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 4:33 pm

sonuvabug wrote:
In June, I rode down from Canada to St. Louis MO (about 1,200 kms. one way) to join a bunch of maxi-scooter enthusiaists riding Missouri's backroads. That was fun and I met a bunch of great people ... good technical riders too!

For the HAMS III rally cheers
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Mid-Western Ontario Canada   Greetings From Mid-Western Ontario Canada I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 4:37 pm

honda_silver wrote:
sonuvabug wrote:
In June, I rode down from Canada to St. Louis MO (about 1,200 kms. one way) to join a bunch of maxi-scooter enthusiaists riding Missouri's backroads. That was fun and I met a bunch of great people ... good technical riders too!

For the HAMS III rally cheers

Hey Bill ... thought that was you in your avatar pic. I couldn't for the life of me remember the rally's name ... "HAMS III" !!!! How could I forget after having such a great time with y'all.

Hope all's well ... ride safe! ~ sonuvabug ~
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Mid-Western Ontario Canada   Greetings From Mid-Western Ontario Canada I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 10:37 am

Welcome to the Forum - enjoy the ride.

List your BR in the for sale section.

Next year the HAMS rally is being held just outside (east) of Kansas City, MO. Not much farther for you to travel.

We have a thread in the Rally section for last year and one started for HAMS IV (the nurses favorite).
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Mid-Western Ontario Canada   Greetings From Mid-Western Ontario Canada I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 4:33 pm

Hey Gary & Dale ... thanks for the welcome. I appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Mid-Western Ontario Canada   Greetings From Mid-Western Ontario Canada I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings From Mid-Western Ontario Canada
Page 1 of 1