Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» What were they thinking?
Hello from woodstock ontario canada I_icon_minitimeby Marvincon Today at 4:49 am

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Hello from woodstock ontario canada I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 8:05 pm

» Earth cable stress
Hello from woodstock ontario canada I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 7:29 pm

» Happy St. Patricks Day!
Hello from woodstock ontario canada I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 5:11 pm

» Hello from Ontario, Canada
Hello from woodstock ontario canada I_icon_minitimeby PerryH Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:05 pm

» LED Headlights
Hello from woodstock ontario canada I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 am

» Cylinder Head Replacement
Hello from woodstock ontario canada I_icon_minitimeby 95konig Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 pm

» Cooling fan still running
Hello from woodstock ontario canada I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 pm

» March 2024 Forum Picture
Hello from woodstock ontario canada I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:38 pm

» Hyperpro Fork Springs
Hello from woodstock ontario canada I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello from woodstock ontario canada

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
53Scooterguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2021-05-11

Hello from woodstock ontario canada Empty
PostSubject: Hello from woodstock ontario canada   Hello from woodstock ontario canada I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2021 8:47 pm

I am a new silverwing owner also own a piaggio x9 and a 1986 honda vfr 750..
Silverwing is a 2005
X9 is a 2006

.i did my first full service at 21,000 miles myself with the full help of this excellent forum.
Oil change ,rear end oil, belt, air filter and variator rollers.
I have one question does anyone have a S. W. With air deflectors on the fairing available on e bay .
Do these deflectors work keeping rain off your legs and  ease air buffeting.
Thank you .
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Hello from woodstock ontario canada   Hello from woodstock ontario canada I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2021 9:30 pm

Welcome.  SW is a great bike and you should enjoy it.

Honda made wind deflectors but I'm not sure what's on Ebay.  OEM are hard to find but they work great keep those pants from flapping at speed good rain and wind protection.Hello from woodstock ontario canada Wind10

I have them but they are dark plastic not clear. Paid a pretty penny from a nice guy in Canada a few years ago but they work great.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

PostSubject: Re: Hello from woodstock ontario canada   Hello from woodstock ontario canada I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2021 9:34 pm

1Hello from woodstock ontario canada Def10

Like this exact ones.
Back to top Go down
53Scooterguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hello from woodstock ontario canada   Hello from woodstock ontario canada I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2021 9:38 pm

Thanks for the response they are just over $ 200.00 on e bay but if they work i think its worth it.
Back to top Go down
53Scooterguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hello from woodstock ontario canada   Hello from woodstock ontario canada I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2021 9:41 pm

Are they hard to install
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

PostSubject: Re: Hello from woodstock ontario canada   Hello from woodstock ontario canada I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2021 10:27 pm

Not hard to install but need to drill 2 small holes on each for fitting push clips and measure twice and line them up until it looks right. Glue tape peel and stick. AHH Surface prep cleaning is most important part so tape sticks. rubbing alcohol. Peeling just a little of the tape backing to the outside and fit it then you can slowly peel it back without the whole thing sticking in the wrong place.
Back to top Go down
53Scooterguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hello from woodstock ontario canada   Hello from woodstock ontario canada I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2021 10:33 pm

Thank you
I am going to purchase a set from e bay . It claims to be a honda original part just like the picture you sent me. Thanks again for the info.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4169
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Hello from woodstock ontario canada   Hello from woodstock ontario canada I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2021 4:31 am

There's been a few topics about Honda lower leg wind deflectors on here over the years. Myself and other UK members have posted about Honda dealerships that stocked them would have posted to the US. The thing I remember most is the reluctance of almost all who wanted a set of these wind deflectors to pay the extra costs, and moaning that US dealers should have them. Those that did get their wallet out seemed pleased with their purchase.

I had a set of Honda lower leg wind deflectors dealer fitted along with heated grips when I bought my Silver Wing new in 2010. I thought they were a useful accessory especially in heavy rain and cold weather, certainly better value than the heated grips.

Now I've moved on to the Forza 300, there's no Honda lower leg wind deflectors available for it and I wasn't wasting more money on heated grips. Strange as it seems I miss neither addition and I've been out in some really heavy and prolonged rain on the Forza, even in mesh summer suits and I've stayed remarkably dry. Apart above the mesh panels on jacket sleeves, and I've since treated them with a few coats of waterproof spray.

Currently on eBay UK there are genuine Honda lower leg wind deflectors for sale by Dobles Honda. In fact the photo is the same one a a few posts up. They're selling them for £129.90 or $185.67 or $222.07 CAN, and unlike the Silver Wing itself the price of these wind deflectors appear to be appreciating.

So this may be a final chance of buying a pair whichever side of the Pond you're on. Come on treat yourself, surely you can afford a set and the postage costs with all the money that you've saved and stashed away during lockdowns. Smile
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Hello from woodstock ontario canada   Hello from woodstock ontario canada I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2021 7:40 am

Not to continue this Introduction hijack but how about a link to these eBay wind deflectors? They’ve long been unobtanium here on this side of the pond. So I’m sure other folks here would appreciate knowing where to find them now.
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Hello from woodstock ontario canada   Hello from woodstock ontario canada I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2021 8:16 am

Welcome aboard the board 53Scooterguy! We're practically neighbours ... I'm from K-W.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4169
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Hello from woodstock ontario canada   Hello from woodstock ontario canada I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2021 11:17 am

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
Not to continue this Introduction hijack but how about a link to these eBay wind deflectors? They’ve long been unobtanium here on this side of the pond. So I’m sure other folks here would appreciate knowing where to find them now.

Come on Timothy, with respect I already mentioned they were on eBay UK. So how difficult is it for anyone interested to go on ebay.co.uk and type in Honda Silver Wing wind deflectors, Honda FJS 600 Silver Wing side visors or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from woodstock ontario canada   Hello from woodstock ontario canada I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from woodstock ontario canada
Page 1 of 1