Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» I said Farewell...
Batemans Bay to Cassilis and back I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Batemans Bay to Cassilis and back I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Batemans Bay to Cassilis and back I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
Batemans Bay to Cassilis and back I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Batemans Bay to Cassilis and back I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Batemans Bay to Cassilis and back I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Batemans Bay to Cassilis and back I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Batemans Bay to Cassilis and back I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Batemans Bay to Cassilis and back I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Batemans Bay to Cassilis and back I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Batemans Bay to Cassilis and back

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pja
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
pja

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2009-10-03

Batemans Bay to Cassilis and back Empty
PostSubject: Batemans Bay to Cassilis and back   Batemans Bay to Cassilis and back I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 2:53 am

Folks,

A mate and I have just completed a 1,500 km four day ride; me on my SilverWing and he on his Suzuki VStrom 650.

If you would like to read the ride report the link is:

www.caseysbeach.com/1005_ride_report.php

Regards,
Peter Batemans Bay to Cassilis and back Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.caseysbeach.com
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Batemans Bay to Cassilis and back   Batemans Bay to Cassilis and back I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:34 am

Peter,

Thanks for the report, I like the descriptive writing.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Batemans Bay to Cassilis and back   Batemans Bay to Cassilis and back I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 10:15 am

Hey Pete, Is Dunnydoo the same place as the 3 seater? We need more of those Ruddy jokes!

Thanks for the writeup. Have you posted it on the Nat site as well?
Back to top Go down
pja
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
pja

PostSubject: Re: Batemans Bay to Cassilis and back   Batemans Bay to Cassilis and back I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 7:28 pm

KurtPerthWA wrote:
...Have you posted it on the Nat site as well?

Yes! I do this site, Ulysses and Scooter Community Forum. I tend to ignore the UK SilverWing site. I figure that after all the work I ought to see if someone else likes this sort of rubbish Batemans Bay to Cassilis and back Icon_redface

Thanks for the kind words.

Regards,
Peter
Back to top Go down
madcatta
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Batemans Bay to Cassilis and back   Batemans Bay to Cassilis and back I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 6:28 am

The pub reports must be thirsty work Peter and my type of work I might add, but not all that wet weather riding. Another good informative report that I'll utilise ex Caaaanberra after the winter.

Regards
Madcatta
Back to top Go down
pja
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
pja

PostSubject: Re: Batemans Bay to Cassilis and back   Batemans Bay to Cassilis and back I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 7:10 am

madcatta wrote:
... ex Caaaanberra after the winter

Hi! Thanks!

I presume you are a SilverWing rider; if so, did you get your bike from Canberra Motorcycles when they had the batch at AUD9,990?

Another couple of questions if I may:

1. Are you a Ulysses member?
  2. Are you an Atomic Scooter Riders member? and
  3. Where do you get your scooter serviced?
Last question is of particular interest. I have had my first two done down here at the Bay but the next one is more complex and I'm wondering whether to take the scooter up to Canberra; probably to Nicco at Woden if I do.

Regards,
Peter
Back to top Go down
madcatta
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Batemans Bay to Cassilis and back   Batemans Bay to Cassilis and back I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 9:25 am

Peter,

Yes I got my Swing through that deal in Canberra, I previously had a Daelim 125 and then a Piaggio Beverley 250 and I purchased both of them new from Nico in Phillip - he's a good guy, he even took my Bev back on consignment so I could buy the Swing

The Swing is a great bike that was a real step up from the 250. I was worried it would be too heavy for me having only been on two wheels for a couple of years. I got a big Givi 55L Box fitted as part of the 10k price - I note you don't have one on your scoot and wonder how you pack everything for those trips? I also subsequently fitted a Laminar Lip which helps with the buffeting which I didn't experience on the "Bev" - maybe I wasn't going as hard?

I have only managed a few rides of over 200k+ since I got the Swing in November so your trips have got me ready for later in the year when I'll be less occupied with work - I plan on trips to Adelaide and Melbourne in October/November. I might try a bit of camping along the way but I'll be staying in pubs as well.

No I'm not a member of either club - I might join the Ulysses at some stage when i've got some more time

I reckon I'll go back to Honda for the next service 6000k but after that probably Nico who is only a few minutes away - he's going to fix the slow leak I have in the front tyre this weekend I hope? How much did you pay for your service in the Bay?

Cheers

Madcatta
Back to top Go down
pja
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
pja

PostSubject: Re: Batemans Bay to Cassilis and back   Batemans Bay to Cassilis and back I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 7:12 pm

madcatta wrote:
...The Swing is a great bike that was a real step up from the 250. I was worried it would be too heavy for me having only been on two wheels for a couple of years. I got a big Givi 55L Box fitted as part of the 10k price - I note you don't have one on your scoot and wonder how you pack everything for those trips? I also subsequently fitted a Laminar Lip which helps with the buffeting...How much did you pay for your service in the Bay?

I agree about the Swing! We lived in Canberra for 30 years and I had trail bikes (one road bike) for the first half of those then gave it away. I took it up again when I retired (at 55) and moved down to the Bay. I bought a Vespa ET-4 150 from Nicco and had that for nearly 5 years. The Vespa was replaced by a Honda CB900F which I had for about two years then replaced it with the Swing. I think my bod needs either a scooter or a cruiser.

For touring I have a bag that seems like it was made for the under-seat well and we get about 60 lt of storage space in there. That's enough for 5 days I find. I have quite a good back pack if I need any more storage but so far this has not been needed.

Service costs down here at LetzScoot have been quite reasonable; the 6000 km service was about $150 maybe a bit more. The problem is that I have the only Swing in town and so far there has been a different mechanic each time so you wonder how much experience they have with this model. In Canberra, it seems Nicco has several Swing customers so he gets much more experience. My kids still live up there so its no problem to ride up the day before a service is booked.

Ulysses is a good movement. Canberra branch and Eurobodalla both have Wednesday rides so occasionally we pass each other. I have noticed that they have several maxi riders in their group. My experience is that at normal speeds scooters have no problems staying with or even ahead of "real" motorbikes.

The Atomic group have at least two Swing riders.

If you are ever looking for a ride down this way or even up your way let me know. My e-mail is peterjohnanderson[at]gmail.com

Regards,
Peter
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Batemans Bay to Cassilis and back   Batemans Bay to Cassilis and back I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Batemans Bay to Cassilis and back
Page 1 of 1