Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oil screen stuck
Year of production? I_icon_minitimeby Nolabel10935 Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Year of production? I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Year of production? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Year of production? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Year of production? I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Year of production? I_icon_minitimeby landisr Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Year of production? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Year of production? I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Year of production? I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Year of production? I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Year of production?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
terryweasely
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2024-05-30

Year of production? Empty
PostSubject: Year of production?   Year of production? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2024 9:40 am

I just purchased a Silverwing 600 that is coupled to a Kandi Viper 250MD. It is titled as the Kandi. There is no paperwork for the Silverwing section. I have the engine serial number.
PF01E-6000757
I am trying to determine what year this scooter is so I can order correct parts.
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2022-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Year of production?   Year of production? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2024 2:58 pm

Not sure what a Kandi Viper 250 MD is. Other than color differences and the newer bikes having an O2 sensor, most of the parts fit all the years of the Silverwing. What color is yours? It may be year identifiable via color. Also, can you see the VIN from underneath the front fairing on the headstock? The VIN should show the year of production.
Back to top Go down
terryweasely
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Repainted yellow to match the buggy   Year of production? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2024 7:30 pm

Color code is R114C-U

It is currently banana yellow. Have not located vin yet.

Year of production? Kimg1210

Year of production? Kinda210
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2022-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Year of production?   Year of production? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2024 9:04 pm

Now THAT is a very interesting looking vehicle- I can see the rear end of the Silverwing but it looks like the rest makes up the trike portion. I originally thought it was an intact Silverwing, so that’s why I mentioned checking the front end. How does that drive (meaning does it handle well and ride well)?
Back to top Go down
terryweasely
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: handling   Year of production? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2024 9:27 pm

I just got it a couple of days ago. Did a short test drive up to 50mph. Very touchy steering, will take quite a bit of practice at slower speeds to get used to it. Had to push really hard on brakes and this morning pulled off right front wheel and found the dual piston calipers were rusted solid. It did not pull right or left so I am assuming both sides are frozen and I was only getting braking from the rear Silverwing. It is now parked with caliper removed searching for replacements. Runs great. I will probably put a slider kit in the CVT to get a little more torque at take off. Going through entire system now, brake pads on the rear E and regular, oil and filter change, change out differential oil, air filter, spark plugs etc. I ordered the Honda oil and filters, what is the recommended oil for the CVT diff? Can I use synthetic like Mobil 1? I have downloaded the service manual.

I would really like to know the year though. I have not found the frame serial number yet.
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Year of production?   Year of production? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2024 2:53 am

That's an interesting contraption, it looks like it will be a fun drive once you've sorted out the brakes and whatever else the previous owner ignored.
You should find an engine number somewhere which will give you clues to the date, but other that ABS and emissions for some markets I don't think much changed.
The final drive oil is just the same oil that goes in the engine, that's all Honda recommend - it's not like a shaft drive that needs special and expensive oils.
I expect the trike is a fair bit heavier than a standard s/wing so lightening the sliders will help with acceleration. And keep an eye on the clutch blocks, the extra weight of the trike will mean more clutch slip - but like all things Silverwing replacing the clutch blocks is cheap and easy.
Let us know how it goes and what you find in there.
Back to top Go down
Terry Smith
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Terry Smith

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2020-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Year of production?   Year of production? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2024 10:31 pm

The fram number is stamped on the frame tube, right side.Year of production? Swing12
Back to top Go down
jdduvall
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2024-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Year of production?   Year of production? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2024 12:23 pm

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/bzvqwwkdob8sqq6fl7999/Honda%202002-2013%20Honda%20Silverwing%20Service%20Manual.pdf?rlkey=qdanvhktmtr2lglovb91vw56y&e=2&dl=0
Back to top Go down
jdduvall
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2024-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Year of production?   Year of production? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2024 12:24 pm

this is the service manual
Back to top Go down
terryweasely
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: SERVICE MANUAL   Year of production? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2024 7:12 pm

Thanks for the service manual.
Back to top Go down

Year of production?
Page 1 of 1