Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Do my shocks need to be replaced  I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Today at 9:35 am

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Do my shocks need to be replaced  I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Yesterday at 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
Do my shocks need to be replaced  I_icon_minitimeby COMick Tue May 07, 2024 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Do my shocks need to be replaced  I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Tue May 07, 2024 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Do my shocks need to be replaced  I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Do my shocks need to be replaced  I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Do my shocks need to be replaced  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Do my shocks need to be replaced  I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Do my shocks need to be replaced  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Do my shocks need to be replaced  I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Do my shocks need to be replaced

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Boating123
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2015-05-31

Do my shocks need to be replaced  Empty
PostSubject: Do my shocks need to be replaced    Do my shocks need to be replaced  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2023 11:56 am

Hi-
I noticed my after market shocks that I put on several years ago to my 2005 Silverwing have rusted.  I rarely ride the bike but its stays outside all year round.  Should they be replaced?  If so.. which ones do i get?    Thanks in advanceDo my shocks need to be replaced  Shock_13
Do my shocks need to be replaced  Shock_14
Do my shocks need to be replaced  Shock_15Do my shocks need to be replaced  Shock_16
Do my shocks need to be replaced  Shock_17
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2022-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Do my shocks need to be replaced    Do my shocks need to be replaced  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2023 3:54 pm

Well, that’s just some surface rust that may polish out using some metal polish. If it’s cosmetics that concern you, you can change them out- if they still ride well (no bottoming out and no over springy ride indicating poor damping) then they may not need replacement. A lot of owners here use the YSS branded ones (I may go this route when it’s time to change them out).

Unfortunately, bikes and convertibles don’t do so well when stored outdoors routinely.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Do my shocks need to be replaced    Do my shocks need to be replaced  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2023 10:35 pm

Aftermarket? look like OE shocks. I don't see any oil leaks just rust but age and such wears out the oil.

Price is the question $250-$1200. Hagon or YSS seem to be the most popular and easier to find.

Search shocks well covered topic.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2562
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Do my shocks need to be replaced    Do my shocks need to be replaced  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2023 12:29 pm

If you seldom ride the Swing then what is the issue...? Why consider spending the $$$ for something you don't use? Color me confused.
Back to top Go down
Johnbil09
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Johnbil09

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2023-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Do my shocks need to be replaced    Do my shocks need to be replaced  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2023 10:52 am

They’re fine,that’ll come right off with a Brillo pad or some fine steel wool

If you keep your bike out all year and seldom use it may I suggest a trickle charger to keep your battery healthy ($20 on Amazon) and a motorcycle cover to protect the paint and plastic from the weather($15-$20 on Amazon)
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lickitysplit11111/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do my shocks need to be replaced    Do my shocks need to be replaced  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do my shocks need to be replaced
Page 1 of 1