Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
EZ Pass (electronic toll dingus) I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 10:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
EZ Pass (electronic toll dingus) I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 10:43 am

» May 2024 forum picture
EZ Pass (electronic toll dingus) I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 10:41 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
EZ Pass (electronic toll dingus) I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 10:35 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
EZ Pass (electronic toll dingus) I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 10:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
EZ Pass (electronic toll dingus) I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 9:15 am

» LF extended back rest
EZ Pass (electronic toll dingus) I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Today at 12:54 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
EZ Pass (electronic toll dingus) I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 4:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
EZ Pass (electronic toll dingus) I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 9:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
EZ Pass (electronic toll dingus) I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 1:15 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

EZ Pass (electronic toll dingus)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RedCinema
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
RedCinema

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2023-06-22

EZ Pass (electronic toll dingus) Empty
PostSubject: EZ Pass (electronic toll dingus)   EZ Pass (electronic toll dingus) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2023 9:38 pm

I've had my new to me 2004 S'Wing out and about, after getting it registered and all that state stuff.

What a nice little drive it is.

Ordered an EZ Pass dingus for the bike. Easy enough in a car--stick the little velcro pads on the windshield, stick it on there, fuhgettaboutit.

How have people managed this on their S'Wings? Guess I should have checked the search bar first Wink

I'm thinking one response will be "carry it, wave it at toll points as you drive on" which is fine, but more and more these days they seem to be "just drive by at full speed and we'll snag your dingus signal and charge ya" rather than "slow down to 5mph and we'll read your dingus that way."

One imagines the other response will be "stick it on your bike at place X" and install/remove as needed when parking the bike in places where someone would steal your dingus.

Any thoughts?

Edit: I searched for "toll" (as all the various electronic toll systems seem to have different names--here in the NJ/NY/PA area it seems to be called "EZ Pass") but nothing jumped out at me. Still searching....

Edit Edit: I out-smarted myself, there is something findable under "EZ Pass," topic pretty well covered elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2022-05-31

PostSubject: Re: EZ Pass (electronic toll dingus)   EZ Pass (electronic toll dingus) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2023 10:07 pm

I had been a NJ resident until ~ 7 years ago- when I used my ST1100 in NJ, I had to use EZ Pass from time to time- I used the plastic Velcro (the really strong one) on the inside of my windshield (lowest aspect of the shield near the top of the dash so it wasn’t really in your line of sight) and on long rides, it held the EZ Pass tag well. When I came down south and didn’t need it any longer, I easily removed the Velcro adhesive by rolling it up off the windshield (as more like a gel adhesive), so no scratches on that shield. Waving it while holding it in your hand is a near guarantee of either dropping it or losing control of the bike.
Back to top Go down
Johnbil09
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Johnbil09

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2023-03-23

PostSubject: Re: EZ Pass (electronic toll dingus)   EZ Pass (electronic toll dingus) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2023 10:18 pm

RedCinema wrote:
I've had my new to me 2004 S'Wing out and about, after getting it registered and all that state stuff.

What a nice little drive it is.

Ordered an EZ Pass dingus for the bike. Easy enough in a car--stick the little velcro pads on the windshield, stick it on there, fuhgettaboutit.

How have people managed this on their S'Wings? Guess I should have checked the search bar first Wink

I'm thinking one response will be "carry it, wave it at toll points as you drive on" which is fine, but more and more these days they seem to be "just drive by at full speed and we'll snag your dingus signal and charge ya" rather than "slow down to 5mph and we'll read your dingus that way."

One imagines the other response will be "stick it on your bike at place X" and install/remove as needed when parking the bike in places where someone would steal your dingus.

Any thoughts?

Edit: I searched for "toll" (as all the various electronic toll systems seem to have different names--here in the NJ/NY/PA area it seems to be called "EZ Pass") but nothing jumped out at me. Still searching....

Edit Edit: I out-smarted myself, there is something findable under "EZ Pass," topic pretty well covered elsewhere.
I have the Velcro things on my dash behind the windshield but I remove it when I’m parked because somebody will snatch it ,the guy I got the Swing from threw in a half helmet with the Velcro thingys on the back of the helmet and never had a problem with it falling off,he’s had the bike since it was new in 2004…Im in NJ
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lickitysplit11111/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EZ Pass (electronic toll dingus)   EZ Pass (electronic toll dingus) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EZ Pass (electronic toll dingus)
Page 1 of 1