Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Drive belt prices
Hagon shocks I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Hagon shocks I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:12 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Hagon shocks I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Hagon shocks I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Hagon shocks I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Hagon shocks I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Hagon shocks I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Hagon shocks I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Hagon shocks I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Hagon shocks I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hagon shocks

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
StuartBrown
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2022-10-22

Hagon shocks Empty
PostSubject: Hagon shocks   Hagon shocks I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2023 8:22 am

I have just been told my new rear shocks are out for delivery. Been waiting several months while they made up a new batch . They tell me that they have completed all back orders for these shocks and have stock remaining. As rear suspension is a regular talking point here, I thought it might be handy to know there sre good replacement shocks now available.
Back to top Go down
JohnyC
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JohnyC

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2022-12-23

Hagon shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hagon shocks   Hagon shocks I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2023 3:48 pm

Hi StuartBrown

They are actually better than stock OEM units, in my opinion, a little firmer maybe but well suited for 2 up riding depending on preload setting chosen.
I prefer the back firmed up on the Swing because it turns in better weaving through the inevitable traffic cues we Brits find these days.
Although at present I am trying a pair of YSS units.

Hope this helps.

Be safe, be seen!

Update. done just over 1000mls on the YSS shocks now, decided to put the Hagons back on.
The only reason being is the YSS units are 15 mm shorter than stock and as a senior rider it makes it a lot harder to put the Swing on the centre stand because of the lower ride height.
And it saves carrying a 20mm plywood ramp to stick under the back wheel to make it easier to centre stand it.

Last edited by JohnyC on Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update)
Back to top Go down
Silverwingdays
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2017-06-05

Hagon shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hagon shocks   Hagon shocks I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2023 6:35 pm

How do you find the shocks Johny YSS over Hagon.

Comfort or handling wise ?

I tended to find all after market ones stiffer than the std Honda shocks.
Back to top Go down
StuartBrown
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Hagon shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hagon shocks   Hagon shocks I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2023 5:52 am

Just now back from 250 miles around Wales. Really happy with the Hagons. Ride quality transformed.
Back to top Go down
JohnyC
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JohnyC

Hagon shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hagon shocks   Hagon shocks I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2023 6:50 pm

Final words on the 2 aftermarkets available YSS and Hagon

Comfort and handling solo YSS every time, being performance shocks they are light and fast acting, the big no no for me is being 15mm shorter than stock it makes it very hard to use the centre stand.

The hagons are a firm solo ride to say the least, and a bit spin up/skippy with my mods with anything other than standard pre-load. Better suited to 2 up riding i would say.
Not that I'm a Johny no mates but I can't persuade anyone to ride pillion with me to test 2 up use.
They just say "Scooters ain't ment to go fast!" I say "Mr Honda gave it 600cc for a reason,
to gap your superbikes off the lights to legal limits!" and to show em what he white lines for on open roads.

Hope this helps.

Be safe, be seen!

new project to fabricate an extension piece for the YSS shocks, similar to the Hagons that a member did while I'm running the Hagons for now.
Back to top Go down
JohnyC
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JohnyC

Hagon shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hagon shocks   Hagon shocks I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2023 11:28 am

Having completed a 230ml round trip to Torquay on Saturday( our hottest day of the year so far).
I have decided to go back to the YSS rear shocks, and my piece of ply wood for the centre stand.
The Hagons came with the Swing so I have no idea how old they are.
What I do know is after about 45 mins constant riding the back of the Swing felt like a ridged frame, most uncomfortable. Something I had not experienced with the YSSs.
When it was time to leave a few hours later, having parked the Swing in a friends garage it had suspension again on the back, well for 30mins lol.
A 30 min shocker change on Sunday and an hours run around just confirmed for me YSS are better handling and smoother.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Silverwingdays
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Hagon shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hagon shocks   Hagon shocks I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2023 6:03 am

I`ve got softer YSS springs fitted to mine and a bit softer still.

Though hands up if I had got the shock with rebound adjusment ones up the range I think it would of been even better.

The springs are adjusted right off so the threaded collet just holds them if you will.

As wittering about them on here currently I popped the Silverwing Std shocks back on and yes just a bit softer but the scooter doesn`t feel as controlled.

Also although I have the softer YSS springs on and slightly shorter actual shock length ( not much in it ) they don`t seem to bottom out on me. The Honda`s do in potholes or quick road dips, nasty sunken manholes etc.

I do have 40mm ish round holes cut on my silverwing to get in at the top of the shocks from under the seat.

But hands up, in my moment of slight stingey business I should of gone for the rebound YSS`s.

The std were £150 at the time and the rebounds £330 UK wise.

I think the rebounds are about £400 now, usual Brexit fun and all that but most things are up too.

Here are the softer Springs via a decent seller on ebay UK in case any one fancies giving them a punt

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303084472326

The collet just comes down 20mm further on the thead to cover the 20mm reduction in spring size.
Back to top Go down
JohnyC
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JohnyC

Hagon shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hagon shocks   Hagon shocks I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2023 4:06 pm

Hi Silverwingdays.

You can with a bit of patients use a cranked 12mm ring spanner to undo the top Shock retaining bolts without any dis-assembly.
The hard part is re-assembly of said bolt. I do the exhaust side first because it is the hardest(less room to work) then the nearside.

Got it down to ave of 45mins to swap out the rears.

Hope this helps.
Be safe, be seen!

Ps. Interesting link, thank you !
Time to play with spring rates lol
Back to top Go down
Silverwingdays
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Hagon shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hagon shocks   Hagon shocks I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2023 5:18 am

Hi JC, those springs do make a difference.

Decent price too, had them for a while I think.

I`ve never encountered a rider who tried the Fournales Air Shock`s or Bitubo`s yet ?

Be interesting to hear how they are.

But just harder isn`t the best on the silverwing.

Though you can talk to Hagons re a softer spring before you buy, and they don`t do the rebound adjustable version for the SW, or did`nt do last time I asked.
Back to top Go down
Silverwingdays
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Hagon shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hagon shocks   Hagon shocks I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2023 3:05 am

These are very handy, and available in the UK for £30 delivered.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BHYNS8KR?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

They just take a bit of bump or sting out, and feel a little more sure than an Air Seat.

Not amazing, but per £1 etc cost they do make a difference.

I was not so sure at first, and kept mine in a bag under the seat, and popped it on and off odd times, in odd places to weigh up how it was.

I`ve ended up really prefering to ride with it on, especially on not so good roads.

I suppose the next step after extra seat paddings, gels etc is fitting say some 2 inch seat springs !!!

I was recently talking to a chap who went down to Londaon and around for a while about how bad our roads are.

He said how they are down there makes ours look fantastic !!! by comparrison.

He talked of driving in lines of traffic in his car with no where to go, but to go over each deeper still pot hole.

Thats going to be very hard on any scooters rear etc.

I still think the manufacturer who comes out with a proper swinging arm scooter of say 300CC will fly sales wise.

That is where Electric ones do come in well, as most do have a proper swinging arm.

I`d just miss the engine.

Back to top Go down
StuartBrown
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Hagon shocks Empty
PostSubject: Hagon shocks   Hagon shocks I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 14, 2023 12:26 pm

Sad to say I have returned my new Hagon shocks back to them.
After a two up ride out 2 weeks ago, I was shocked to find that the rhs hagon unit was broken! The bottom alloy U bracket had separated from the central damper rod! The spring was wedged against a bracket on the wing arm which held it precariously in place with damper rod stuck through the side of the spring.
I went fairly queasy on finding this, thinking about what might have occurred
had the broken shock not wedged itself on the the Swing arm.
I have had a full refund, Inc. return carriage and a profound apology from Hagons.
Never again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hagon shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hagon shocks   Hagon shocks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hagon shocks
Page 1 of 1