Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing.  I I_icon_minitimeby Mighty Mouse Today at 4:47 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing.  I I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing.  I I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing.  I I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing.  I I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing.  I I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing.  I I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing.  I I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing.  I I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing.  I I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing. I

Go down 
+2
Cosmic_Jumper
Robert Smith
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Robert Smith
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Robert Smith

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2023-03-28

Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing.  I Empty
PostSubject: Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing. I   Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing.  I I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2023 5:38 pm

Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in For Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing and plan on doing brakes and tires myself. Prob need a Chilton service manual? Get started?
Thx
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing.  I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing. I   Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing.  I I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2023 6:13 pm

Hello Boe (Bob?). Welcome to the forum.

Dunno if Chilton has a service manual. Best bet is to check eBay for a Factory Service Manual (FSM). The Silverwing is easy to service with a few hand tools. So a FSM is invaluable. Any year FSM after 2006 will cover your Silverwing.

Unless you have access to a tire machine best to plan on removing the wheels and take them somewhere other than a Honda dealer to have the new tires installed. If you ride it into a dealer for tire changes expect to pay several hours of shop labor + cost of tires.

Last edited by Cosmic_Jumper on Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:00 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
JohnyC
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JohnyC

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2022-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing. I   Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing.  I I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2023 6:53 pm

Welcome to the forum Bob, from the UK.
Make friends with the search box for all things Silver Wing, I find using keywords best. Absolute wealth of contributed knowledge.
Alternatively, just shout out for help, gives us oldies something to do for the day lol.

Be safe, be seen and heard!

99 Burgman AN40(with a few mods).
09 Silver Wing FJS600ABS(with a lot of mods).
Back to top Go down
Yaj
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Yaj

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2012-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing. I   Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing.  I I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2023 7:01 pm

Hi Bob!
I live in Fort Myers and have a 06 Silverwing!
I've done tires and brakes in my open air shop.
Give me a shout if you need a hand.
Jay
Back to top Go down
Robert Smith
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Robert Smith

PostSubject: Re: Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing. I   Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing.  I I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2023 1:35 pm

Thank you very much Jay, I'm temp. In a FEMA RV in Bonita Spr. But hope to find a perm. Place very soon.
Back to top Go down
Robert Smith
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Robert Smith

PostSubject: Re: Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing. I   Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing.  I I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2023 1:49 pm

Thank you for that information. My givin name is Robert but my friends have called me Bo since the 60s. I added the. " e " so my name isn't Body Oder
Again thx for information and saving me some money
Back to top Go down
Dutch SilverWing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Dutch SilverWing

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2020-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing. I   Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing.  I I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2023 2:50 pm

Hello Boe First of all Congrats on your SIlverWing and welcome to this warm and friendly "family".

For your question about a service manual, I would like to point out the many groups on Facebook. I'm a member of several and with the help of Google Translate, you can find a lot of information in those groups.
Look for an American FB group called; Honda Silverwing Scooters 582CC.
Become a member of the group and under the tab; Files, you will find a message from Tor Erik Domaas. He has put the Service Maunaul online for an FSC600.
You can download and use it.
Together with the many videos you can find on YouTube, am I now able to maintain my Silverwing myself. I am no mechanic but have become a big fan of the Silverwing.

My first SW was a FJS600 from '01 in Candy Wineberry Red, now I own a '08 Heavy Gray Metallic FJS400. I am from the Netherlands, Europe and there the Silverwing is called FJS instead of FSC and they were build as a 600 and 400 cc.

Within this fantastic forum you will find all the information you hope to come across and there is always someone kind enough to help you on your way.
I wish you lots of fun with your SilverWing and many safe mils ahead.
Greetings from the Netherlands. 🙏🏼
Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing.  I Fjs_6016
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing. I   Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing.  I I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2023 3:29 pm

It’s been my experience that the “582cc” FB forum seems more like a marketplace. There is the “600” FB forum where there are lots of discussions —BUT you’ve got to click on the Discussion tab. Otherwise the “helmet lock” post never changes.

There are also the two Stefano Bonacasa run Italian FB forums for Silverwings for which you need to click on the “translate” box under the posts.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/19098929297/posts/I’m-looking-for-a-helmet-lock-recommendation-for-my-Swing/10159996355039298/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/143659382676461/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/hondaswt/
Back to top Go down
Robert Smith
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Robert Smith

PostSubject: Re: Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing. I   Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing.  I I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2023 7:02 pm

What a wealth of information. I bought a 2006 silverwing 4 months ago with 23K miles. The bike is awesome. Now wish it had lot less miles. My questions are?
Is a 2006 are good year? Any pro or cons ?
What problems should I expect?
Any thoughts about tires?
And last where is best place to buy parts etc
Thx
Back to top Go down
Robert Smith
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Robert Smith

PostSubject: Thanks... I'm going to look for best price on part   Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing.  I I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2023 1:39 pm

Yaj wrote:
Hi Bob!
Jay
Back to top Go down
Robert Smith
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Robert Smith

PostSubject: I like open air anything compared to air con honda service cente   Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing.  I I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2023 12:26 pm

Yaj wrote:
Hi Bob!
Jay
Back to top Go down
Robert Smith
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Robert Smith

PostSubject: Re: Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing. I   Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing.  I I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2023 12:51 pm

Ok great, I am staying at rv park in Bonita Springs... If in neiborhood ? Stop by and I'll give you some gas and grocery money
Boe Smith
24020 Production cir. #30
Back to top Go down
Robert Smith
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Robert Smith

PostSubject: Re: Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing. I   Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing.  I I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2023 1:16 pm

Hello Jay... I'm trying to make contact
Back to top Go down
Yaj
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Yaj

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2012-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing. I   Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing.  I I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 05, 2023 8:34 am

I sent you a PM.
Back to top Go down
Robert Smith
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Robert Smith

PostSubject: Re: Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing. I   Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing.  I I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 05, 2023 1:14 pm

Great.. Thx
Back to top Go down
abel316
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2022-08-30

PostSubject: ubject: Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida.    Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing.  I I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 25, 2023 9:43 am

Welcome to the site. You will find a group of folks who will be of assistance. I'm in Polk County, FL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing. I   Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing.  I I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello my name is Boe Smith and i live in Fort Myers Florida. I have a 2006 silverwing. I
Page 1 of 1