Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Changing the Two Front Side Light Bulbs  I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Changing the Two Front Side Light Bulbs  I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Changing the Two Front Side Light Bulbs  I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Changing the Two Front Side Light Bulbs  I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Changing the Two Front Side Light Bulbs  I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Changing the Two Front Side Light Bulbs  I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Changing the Two Front Side Light Bulbs  I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Changing the Two Front Side Light Bulbs  I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Changing the Two Front Side Light Bulbs  I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Changing the Two Front Side Light Bulbs  I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Changing the Two Front Side Light Bulbs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Green7
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2021-07-26

Changing the Two Front Side Light Bulbs  Empty
PostSubject: Changing the Two Front Side Light Bulbs    Changing the Two Front Side Light Bulbs  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2022 6:39 am

I thought that while there was a break in the rain I would change the two front sidelamp bulbs on the wing as it only looks a five minute job

I'd previously changed the headlamp bulbs by removing the front plastic and changing the bulbs by feel, however the sidelamp ones seem a bit more difficult, space is limited and I can't seem to get my hand in there like I did with the headlamp bulbs

Anybody got any tips on how to do this without the need for a front end stripdown..
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2022-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Changing the Two Front Side Light Bulbs    Changing the Two Front Side Light Bulbs  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2022 6:46 am

Unfortunately it’s a whole other animal- you have to access those bulbs from behind, so you are looking at a strip down of the dash area to get in from behind- I’ve done it and it’s a pain.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Changing the Two Front Side Light Bulbs    Changing the Two Front Side Light Bulbs  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2022 8:31 am

Unless either or both the sidelight bulbs have blown, I'd leave them alone. I had a go at changing them for LED bulbs in my Silver Wing days and the whole procedure was a pain in the arse.

When you pull the bulb holder and wires back to change a bulb, withdrawing it back squeezes the bulb out of it's holder and it drops down inside the headlamp reflector. Both left and right bulbs did this.

Then you have to remove the upper headlamp bulb and need a flexible grabber tool to feed inside the reflector and make multiple attempts to grab the bulb and hold it long enough to get it out of the reflector.

There's a couple of old posts of mine describing this ball aching tedious task. Along with how the LED's were a waste of time as one of them lasted less than a month. Then it was fishing two LED bulbs out of the reflector so I could reinstall the OE bulbs.

The OE bulbs that never blew originally and were trouble free for years afterwards.

Back to top Go down
Green7
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2021-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Changing the Two Front Side Light Bulbs    Changing the Two Front Side Light Bulbs  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2022 8:53 am

Meldrew
That's sound advice, that's exactly what I'm trying to do, change to LED's. Think I'll leave them standard for now.
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Changing the Two Front Side Light Bulbs    Changing the Two Front Side Light Bulbs  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2022 9:22 am

It would be wise to read previous topics on accessing those bulbs and the reliability of LEDs etc.

I chose to replaced every bulb when I bought my SW seven years ago with OEMs. I wouldn't want to go near those side light bulbs again 'by choice'.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changing the Two Front Side Light Bulbs    Changing the Two Front Side Light Bulbs  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Changing the Two Front Side Light Bulbs
Page 1 of 1