Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sinko De Mayo
Center stand issues  I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 3:33 pm

» May 2024 forum picture
Center stand issues  I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 10:44 am

» checking the oil
Center stand issues  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Center stand issues  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Center stand issues  I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Center stand issues  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Center stand issues  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Center stand issues  I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Center stand issues  I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Center stand issues  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Center stand issues

Go down 
+3
steve_h80
Loosemarbles
Boating123
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Boating123
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2015-05-31

Center stand issues  Empty
PostSubject: Center stand issues    Center stand issues  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2022 6:40 pm

Currently I am having difficulties getting the bike off the center stand . It’s take a lot of intense pushing forward . Would wd40 or any fix help this ?

Thx in advance

Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Center stand issues    Center stand issues  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2022 12:52 am

It would have to be fairly well worn or corroded for that to happen. Try some WD40. Maybe the mounting holes have become very elongated. Certainly worth a good inspection.

Alternatively, the stand has been damaged and become distorted, or your front brake is binding.
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 998
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Center stand issues    Center stand issues  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2022 3:02 am

Mine takes a bit of a push to get off the main stand, I find it easiest to hold the grab rail in my right hand, left hand on the handle bar and rock the bike a couple of time; one, two, threeeee.
Getting onto the mainstays is easy because my weight on the stand tang does all the leverage, coming down requires a bit more brute force and ignorance.
Back to top Go down
r1dbb
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Center stand issues    Center stand issues  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2022 6:11 am

Had the same problems both getting up on the centre stand (short arse) and back down again.

Came up with the attached as a solution.

Heated up and bent a car towing bolt covered round bit in tape to save scraping paint off stand and added a short metal pole I had think it was from an old handlebar.

Once up the wheel drops but if you place a short plank underneath the wheel and lift it up sufficiently to make contact to allow drive - just carefully drive off - saves trying to lift the whole thing - used to be able to handle it manually on my first Wing 20 years ago but age has made it more difficult.

Current Bikes:- Silverwing (#2) (2010), Rebel CMX1100D (DCT 2021)

Previous:- Panther 250, BSA Bantam, BSA C15, Suzuki 80, Yamaha 125, Yamaha Majesty, Yamaha Dragstar, Thunderace (#1), BMW K1000 - (Flying Brick), R1 (Mk1),
Yamaha FJR1300, Pan European (MK2), Silverwing (#1) (2001-2018), Suzuki GSX R750, Pan European MK1, Ducati 996 SPS, Goldwing (2002), R1 (Mk2),
BMW K1200 RS, Kawasaki GPZ500S, Kawasaki ZZR600, Yamaha XJ900, BMW R1100 RT, BMW R1150 RT, R6 (Track Bike), R1 (Mk3),
BMW R1200 RT, Thunderace (#2), Goldwing (2021)

Center stand issues  Swingu11
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Center stand issues    Center stand issues  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2022 10:18 am

r1dbb wrote:
Had the same problems both getting up on the centre stand (short arse) and back down again.

Came up with the attached as a solution.

Heated up and bent a car towing bolt covered round bit in tape to save scraping paint off stand and added a short metal pole I had think it was from an old handlebar.

Once up the wheel drops but if you place a short plank underneath the wheel and lift it up sufficiently to make contact to allow drive - just carefully drive off - saves trying to lift the whole thing - used to be able to handle it manually on my first Wing 20 years ago but age has made it more difficult.

Thanks for the great idea. But I have a question… How do you keep the bike upright when you are using that tool for increased leverage to put the bike on the center stand?
Back to top Go down
r1dbb
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Center stand issues    Center stand issues  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2022 12:01 pm

Hi

Just hold the scoot as normal but press down on the bar with extended leg - just have to position the right foot further from the pedal. I can manage easily enough even with my short legs.

It lifts so easily with the additional leverage - you do not have to apply anywhere near as much pressure - made a similar tool for a BMW R1200RT which is approx 60 Kg heavier than the Wing.
Back to top Go down
Green7
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2021-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Center stand issues    Center stand issues  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2022 5:18 pm

Rocking it a couple of times helps. Used to do this my ST1100 and that is considerably heavier
Back to top Go down
cello33
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2018-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Center stand issues    Center stand issues  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2022 7:34 pm

If your parking on a slight gradient then its easier getting the bike off the stand when its pointing downhill so watch which direction you park your bike in.

Im 5ft10 and it can be hard work if the bike is fulll of fuel and loaded , so you need to do the 1 2 3 HEAVE routine.

swear this bike would overturn a car if I broadsided one at sufficient speed .......one day hey Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Center stand issues    Center stand issues  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Center stand issues
Page 1 of 1