Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
Ride to Williams, AZ I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Ride to Williams, AZ I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
Ride to Williams, AZ I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» I said Farewell...
Ride to Williams, AZ I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Ride to Williams, AZ I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Ride to Williams, AZ I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Ride to Williams, AZ I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Ride to Williams, AZ I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Ride to Williams, AZ I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Ride to Williams, AZ I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Ride to Williams, AZ

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Ride to Williams, AZ Empty
PostSubject: Ride to Williams, AZ   Ride to Williams, AZ I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2022 10:43 pm

Beautiful day for a ride. Went with a couple of friends from Bullhead City, AZ to Williams, AZ.  I put 319 miles on the Silver Wing today! First tank got me 55 MPG and the second tank (mostly downhill) got 68 MPG...this is the highest figure this scoot has ever seen. Most of the ride was on the old Route 66 in Northern Arizona.

Ride to Williams, AZ Selig11
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Williams, AZ   Ride to Williams, AZ I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2022 11:38 am

Lucky you, I’m was in Williams AZ back in 2013 with Mrs Mrs M, when we drove some of the old Route 66. All I can remember about Williams now is a railway line with old style locomotives, eating in a retro diner, and Mrs M buying a couple of old metal advertising signs with old time baseball players advertising cola drinks.

Mrs M put them up on the wall of our utility room. Many's the time I've gone in there and looked at them thinking I've heard of Babe Ruth, but who's this Ted Williams bloke.

That sounds like a nice ride, I really liked the desert climate of Arizona and pretty much everything else, and I've got the bragging rights for Standin' on a Corner in Winslow, Arizona.

In fact I've just asked Alexa to play 'Take It Easy, and it's rainy here.
Back to top Go down
1Wingman1
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2013-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Williams, AZ   Ride to Williams, AZ I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2022 4:51 pm

My trip to Williams, AZ was not all fun and games. At the time I had a Silver Wing with wheel kit added. I had added a real cruise control and removed the wheel kit for the trip. Everyone was working back then so I decided to go solo. Things went well in the beginning until I walked from motel to train station for tickets to the Grand Canyon. I came out of the station and something interesting caught my attention and I made a right turn too soon and tripped over a small wall that was about two feet high. Never should have been constructed. The fall on the concrete broke my left wrist.

I went to urgent care for x-ray and wrist brace. I went on to the canyon, hung around the motel for 3 days, and hit the road for home. I couldn't squeeze the left brake but I could hook my fingers over the brake handle and pull a little. Fortunately I did not have any panic stops on the 4 day trip home. A friend had offered to hook his trailer to his truck and come and get me and scooter. Many times on the return trip I sort of wished that I had agreed. Had metal plate installed in wrist in Jacksonville. I really loved the cruise control on that trip. The train ride and Grand Canyon were great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Williams, AZ   Ride to Williams, AZ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ride to Williams, AZ
Page 1 of 1