Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
Center Stand I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Today at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Center Stand I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Center Stand I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Center Stand I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Center Stand I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Center Stand I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Center Stand I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Center Stand I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Center Stand I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Center Stand I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Center Stand

Go down 
+3
Terry Smith
john grinsel
Garyloos
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Garyloos
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2022-10-02

Center Stand Empty
PostSubject: Center Stand   Center Stand I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2022 12:13 pm

When I purchased my 2007 Swing it had helper wheels on it,  I removed them first afternoon only to discover I had no main stand.

Do any of you members know of any place where I can try to find one.  I have tried Ebay, Amazon, Partzilla.com and have had no luck finding one in stock.  I was given a lead on a dealer in California that showed one in stock but when I called last activity was in 2011 turned out to be an inventory error.  I went ahead and ordered from Partzilla.com but but they could not give me a time when it might come.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3296
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Center Stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Center Stand   Center Stand I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2022 1:00 pm

try your local Honda dealer first. Good partsman can work miracles!
Back to top Go down
Terry Smith
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Terry Smith

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2020-03-11

Center Stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Center Stand   Center Stand I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2022 3:47 pm

Odd as it may seem for someone in New Zealand, I have bought a few used parts from Boonstra in the Netherlands, and they have decent prices and even shipping is not as expensive as I'd feared. They do have a mainstand for the Swing.

https://www.boonstraparts.com/en/parts/mke=honda/mdl=fjs+600+2005+2010+abs+silverwing+fjs600+fjs600a/prt=main-stand
Back to top Go down
Garyloos
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Center Stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Center Stand   Center Stand I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2022 6:32 pm

john grinsel wrote:
try your local Honda dealer first.   Good partsman can work miracles!

I have checked locally but have not had any luck.
Back to top Go down
smellybeard
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2020-08-11

Center Stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Center Stand   Center Stand I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2022 7:31 pm

My swing was missing its main stand when I got it too.
When I eventually got one I realized that, probably due to the shorter YSS shocks, it's a two or three man job to get it on the stand. Fitting it was fairly straightforward but I can't remember the detail. I think maybe you need to attach the stand to the pivots first and then bolt the assembly onto the bike.

When you do fit it, just make sure you don't overload it the first time you use it - just in case you have a similar geometry problem.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

Center Stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Center Stand   Center Stand I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2022 9:38 pm

Garyloos wrote:
When I purchased my 2007 Swing it had helper wheels on it,  I removed them first afternoon only to discover I had no main stand.

Do any of you members know of any place where I can try to find one.  I have tried Ebay, Amazon, Partzilla.com and have had no luck finding one in stock.  I was given a lead on a dealer in California that showed one in stock but when I called last activity was in 2011 turned out to be an inventory error.  I went ahead and ordered from Partzilla.com but but they could not give me a time when it might come.

Found one on Ebay in Oregon 541-motorsports. $ 71.61 free shipping but it's just the stand. Too late I guess maybe you could cancel the other order?
Back to top Go down
Garyloos
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Center Stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Center Stand   Center Stand I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2022 2:08 pm

Mech 1 twa wrote:
Garyloos wrote:

Found one on Ebay in Oregon 541-motorsports. $ 71.61 free shipping but it's just the stand. Too late I guess maybe you could cancel the other order?

Thanks I was told by Partzilla.com they would have it by the 18th of October. I checked with salvage yards with out any luck.
Back to top Go down
larry
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Registration date : 2023-07-31

Center Stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Center Stand   Center Stand I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2023 6:34 pm

I would like to know what is helper wheels ?
Back to top Go down
larry
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Center Stand Empty
PostSubject: When I put the breaks on the red lite comes if   Center Stand I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2023 6:42 pm

Red light IF comes on when I put on the breaks why is that this is not wright place to post this but I don't know much about post or where to put them.
Back to top Go down
Terry Smith
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Terry Smith

Center Stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Center Stand   Center Stand I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2023 9:24 pm

larry wrote:
Red light IF comes on when I put on the breaks why is that this is not wright place to post this but I don't know much about post or where to put them.

The FI light is an indicator of unhappiness within the Fuel Injection system. That can be as a result of a sensor failing or even a connector within the FI system electrics being disconnected or having a bad ground connection. Given it is happening when you apply the brakes then my guess is that you have a bad earth that is feeding back through the main wiring loom and giving some unexpected voltage.

There is a specific method to diagnose FI faults in the service manual, no fancy tool required just a procedure to put the system in diagnostic mode and interpret the morse-code blinking of the FI light. Hard to explain but easy to do, so best if you download the service manual. If there are no faults logged within the FI system then you may just have a bad earth or a bare wire. A failure within the common earth block causes issues on many Hondas of a similar vintage.

The manual is here if you want it. Silverwing service manual

Brake lights are triggered by either the left or right brake lever, first step would be to see if/which of these affects the FI light when the bike is stationary. If it only happens when rolling then you might have a loose component that is moving when you brake.
Back to top Go down
larry
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Center Stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Center Stand   Center Stand I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2023 9:51 pm

Thank for the Info I bout a service manual but i cant tell much about it once the light comes on it stay on till stop if I put the stand down with the key still on it will blink 2 long and one short what is that ?
Back to top Go down
Terry Smith
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Terry Smith

Center Stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Center Stand   Center Stand I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 23, 2023 1:15 am

2 long and 1 short = code 21, which is an O2 sensor fault caused by a loose connection or short circuit or sensor fault in that system.
Back to top Go down
larry
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Center Stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Center Stand   Center Stand I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 23, 2023 7:53 am

Thank you I have a 02 sensor order I hope that will fix the FI .
Back to top Go down
hondapete
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2021-04-25

Center Stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Center Stand   Center Stand I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2023 3:39 pm

i would also like to know what helper wheels are!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Center Stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Center Stand   Center Stand I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Center Stand
Page 1 of 1