Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Dr Pulley rollers  I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Dr Pulley rollers  I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Dr Pulley rollers  I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Dr Pulley rollers  I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Dr Pulley rollers  I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Dr Pulley rollers  I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Dr Pulley rollers  I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Dr Pulley rollers  I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Dr Pulley rollers  I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Dr Pulley rollers  I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Dr Pulley rollers

Go down 
+3
zrx212
Loosemarbles
Yusepe
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Yusepe
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2017-10-20

Dr Pulley rollers  Empty
PostSubject: Dr Pulley rollers    Dr Pulley rollers  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2022 4:20 pm

Hi

I'm searching online to buy new Dr Pulley rollers because the old ones are out of service limit (27.5 mm). See image.

The ones I looking for are the originals Dr Pulley 28x20 26gr. I'm not lucky finding them.
I would appreciate it if someone could advise me where to buy them online.

I'm living in UK, so probably local to UK would be better.

Thanks in advance. 

Dr Pulley rollers  Img_2010

Dr Pulley rollers  Select10

Last edited by Yusepe on Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2016-10-01

Dr Pulley rollers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley rollers    Dr Pulley rollers  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2022 4:30 pm

I don't think you'll find them in the UK. Use Google, you might find them in Europe. I got mine from the USA.
Back to top Go down
Yusepe
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Dr Pulley rollers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley rollers    Dr Pulley rollers  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2022 4:38 pm

Loosemarbles wrote:
I don't think you'll find them in the UK. Use Google, you might find them in Europe. I got mine from the USA.

Thanks. Oh That's why is so difficult to find them. Shocked

From USA there are import taxes.

So far I found this page from Taiwan (probably taxes also) no idea how long it would take to get here.
https://drpulley.co/product/sliding-roller-weight-28x20-8/

I will try to find them out in Europe, I passed few hours trying to find them, I'll keep trying.

Appreciate if someone bought them recently could advise.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
zrx212
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2020-12-26

Dr Pulley rollers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley rollers    Dr Pulley rollers  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2022 6:56 pm

Yusepe, where did you get those dimensions and/or wear limits criteria, the dimension you are measuring is in an area that is not really subject to a lot friction wear during normal operation scratch
Back to top Go down
Yusepe
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Dr Pulley rollers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley rollers    Dr Pulley rollers  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2022 7:11 pm

zrx212 wrote:
Yusepe, where did you get those dimensions and/or wear limits criteria, the dimension you are measuring is in an area that is not really subject to a lot friction wear during normal operation scratch

Yeah I thought the same but I took the specs from the manufacturer.

https://drpulley.co/product/sliding-roller-weight-28x20-8/

The limit is in the service manual.

Dr Pulley rollers  Select11

If I measure the other faces it has more than 28 and that makes not sense at all, so I suppose that the specs are right.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Dr Pulley rollers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley rollers    Dr Pulley rollers  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2022 7:16 pm

I don’t ever recall anyone ever using 16gm variator weights —either roller weights or sliding weights. Stock weights are usually 28gm for FSC/FJS 600 Silverwings and 30gm roller weights for JDM Silverwings. Perhaps 16gm weights were standard on 400cc Silverwings. But again I never heard mention of them.

Many of us here have dropped down to 26 or 24gm Dr Pulley or TechPulley sliding weights (aka “sliders”) for increased performance. While a few daring lads have opted for 20 or 21gm sliders.

I would think that, given the performance characteristics of light weight rollers/sliders, that 16gm weights would have you quite quickly maxing out at top speed of 65 mph.

IIRC there is a firm in Germany who supplies Dr Pulley products.

It is possible that you could send Dr Pulley an email and have 16gm weights custom made.
Back to top Go down
Yusepe
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Dr Pulley rollers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley rollers    Dr Pulley rollers  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2022 7:18 pm

That's embarrassing, apologies, my wrong. It should say 26gr. I going to correct that.
That's the box of the measured (that contains the originals):
Dr Pulley rollers  Img_2011

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
I don’t ever recall anyone ever using 16gm variator weights —either roller weights or sliding weights. Stock weights are usually 28gm for FSC/FJS 600 Silverwings and 30gm roller weights for JDM Silverwings. Perhaps 16gm weights were standard on 400cc Silverwings. But again I never heard mention of them.

Many of us here have dropped down to 26 or 24gm Dr Pulley or TechPulley sliding weights (aka “sliders”) for increased performance. While a few daring lads have opted for 20 or 21gm sliders.

I would think that, given the performance characteristics of light weight rollers/sliders, that 16gm weights would have you quite quickly maxing out at top speed of 65 mph.

It is possible that you could send Dr Pulley an email and have 16gm weights custom made.
Back to top Go down
Yusepe
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Dr Pulley rollers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley rollers    Dr Pulley rollers  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2022 7:41 pm

That's interesting,.. I found those 27 Gr in a Germany page with a reference that is not in the manufacturer lol
https://www.quad-company.de/zubehoer/universal/drpulley/variorollen/dr-pulley-gleitrollen-28x20-cm-8-stueck/270-g
Back to top Go down
Yusepe
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Dr Pulley rollers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley rollers    Dr Pulley rollers  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2022 7:56 pm

I answer myself,.  because is a competitor. Anybody knows if are they good?
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Dr Pulley rollers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley rollers    Dr Pulley rollers  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2022 11:32 pm

They are not actually competitors.TechPulley is from the son of, Paul Wu, the founder of Dr Pulley. Same high quality manufacturing and materials. Slightly different design —not that you could tell the difference in operation. You’ll appreciate either Dr Pulley or TechPulley variator weights.
Back to top Go down
Silverwingdays
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2017-06-05

Dr Pulley rollers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley rollers    Dr Pulley rollers  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2022 9:37 am

I am in the UK and have a new set of 26G sliders and also the guides.

Both new in packs.

They cost me £80

I could be talked in to letting them go for that.

Aso selling my Black 2007 Silvering with many spares etc for £1700 good tyres, new winddfectors in box, new YSS shocks and two spring sizes, Air filter, Givi top box, 2 new year tyres to go with also 34K, Later good fuel version 60 MPG`s + etc etc Thanks.
Back to top Go down
RAYJASPER
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-04-30

Dr Pulley rollers  Empty
PostSubject: Dr.Pulley Slider   Dr Pulley rollers  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2022 9:44 am

Yusepe wrote:
Hi

I'm searching online to buy new Dr Pulley rollers because the old ones are out of service limit (27.5 mm). See image.

The ones I looking for are the originals Dr Pulley 28x20 26gr. I'm not lucky finding them.

Thanks in advance. 

Hi,

You can visit www.drpulley.co to search the SR you need then make an order and put a remark that Paul told you this, they will send it asap.
Back to top Go down
Yusepe
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Dr Pulley rollers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley rollers    Dr Pulley rollers  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2022 9:51 am

Thanks, I already ordered to Germany, they are the Tech. The parcel it is been sitting in Heathrow for more than one week, still waiting them.

RAYJASPER wrote:
Yusepe wrote:
Hi

Thanks in advance. 

Hi,

You can visit www.drpulley.co to search the SR you need then make an order and put a remark that Paul told you this, they will send it asap.
Back to top Go down
BigNick
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2022-09-21

Dr Pulley rollers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley rollers    Dr Pulley rollers  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2023 2:29 pm

Silverwingdays wrote:

Both new in packs.

They cost me £80

Aso selling my Black 2007 Silvering with many spares etc for £1700 good tyres, new winddfectors in box, new YSS shocks and two spring sizes, Air filter, Givi top box, 2 new year tyres to go with also 34K, Later good fuel version 60 MPG`s + etc etc Thanks.

Good evening,

A very delayed response to the above but do you still have the Sliders for sale? In the UK and struggling to find the right ones required.

Thanks,
Ricky
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2016-10-01

Dr Pulley rollers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley rollers    Dr Pulley rollers  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2023 4:08 pm

They're a bit of a hassle to get hold of in the UK. Would suggest ordering from USA or Europe. Got mine from USA, no problems apart from import tax, which wasn't too extreme. Worth it.
Back to top Go down
BigNick
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Dr Pulley rollers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley rollers    Dr Pulley rollers  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2023 4:10 pm

Loosemarbles wrote:
They're a bit of a hassle to get hold of in the UK. Would suggest ordering from USA or Europe. Got mine from USA, no problems apart from import tax, which wasn't too extreme. Worth it.

Where in the US did you order from? It’s difficult to find anything.
Back to top Go down
Yusepe
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Dr Pulley rollers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley rollers    Dr Pulley rollers  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2023 4:15 pm

I bought mine from:

https://drpulley.shopnix.de/

They are serious.

BigNickDigger wrote:
Silverwingdays wrote:

Both new in packs.

They cost me £80

Good evening,

A very delayed response to the above but do you still have the Sliders for sale? In the UK and struggling to find the right ones required.

Thanks,
Ricky
Back to top Go down
BigNick
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Dr Pulley rollers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley rollers    Dr Pulley rollers  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2023 4:21 pm

Yusepe wrote:
I bought mine from:

They are serious.

BigNickDigger wrote:
Silverwingdays wrote:

Both new in packs.

They cost me £80

Good evening,

Thanks,
Ricky

Ordered 👍🏻
Thank you!!
Back to top Go down
RAYJASPER
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Dr Pulley rollers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley rollers    Dr Pulley rollers  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2023 9:23 pm

BigNickDigger wrote:
Yusepe wrote:
I bought mine from:

They are serious.

BigNickDigger wrote:
Silverwingdays wrote:

Both new in packs.

They cost me £80

Good evening,

Thanks,
Ricky

Ordered 👍🏻
Thank you!!

Hi,
drpulley.shopnix.de/ is no more Dr.Pulley’s dealer

You can get Dr.Pulley parts from
1,Online shop in www.drpulley.co
2.In Germany--https://www.sip-scootershop.com/en
3.in UK--https://www.tassoparts.co.uk/cgi-bin/store.pl
4.in USA-
-https://www.buggypartsnw.com/dr-pulley-parts.html
--https://www.partsforscooters.com/search?keywords=SLIDING%20ROLLER&page=1
Back to top Go down
RAYJASPER
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Dr Pulley rollers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley rollers    Dr Pulley rollers  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2023 9:28 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:

The weight of SR can be custom-made,
just as Tim said you can " It is possible that you could send Dr Pulley an email and have 16gm weights custom-made. "
Back to top Go down
BigNick
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Dr Pulley rollers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley rollers    Dr Pulley rollers  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2023 5:13 am

RAYJASPER wrote:
BigNickDigger wrote:
Yusepe wrote:
I bought mine from:

They are serious.

BigNickDigger wrote:
Silverwingdays wrote:

Both new in packs.

They cost me £80

Good evening,

Thanks,
Ricky

Ordered 👍🏻
Thank you!!

Hi,
drpulley.shopnix.de/ is no more Dr.Pulley’s dealer

You can get Dr.Pulley parts from
1,Online shop in www.drpulley.co
2.In Germany--https://www.sip-scootershop.com/en
3.in UK--https://www.tassoparts.co.uk/cgi-bin/store.pl
4.in USA-
-https://www.buggypartsnw.com/dr-pulley-parts.html