Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oil screen stuck
Hello from Calgary Alberta Canada! I_icon_minitimeby Nolabel10935 Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Hello from Calgary Alberta Canada! I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Hello from Calgary Alberta Canada! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Hello from Calgary Alberta Canada! I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Hello from Calgary Alberta Canada! I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Hello from Calgary Alberta Canada! I_icon_minitimeby landisr Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Hello from Calgary Alberta Canada! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Hello from Calgary Alberta Canada! I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Hello from Calgary Alberta Canada! I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Hello from Calgary Alberta Canada! I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello from Calgary Alberta Canada!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cjkniss
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2022-09-07

Hello from Calgary Alberta Canada! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Calgary Alberta Canada!   Hello from Calgary Alberta Canada! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2022 11:01 am

Hi all.

My name is Clint. Just purchased a 2005 Silverwing with 40,000 km and took it for my first ride yesterday. Wow! I’m impressed with this machine and all that I have read about it I should easily be able to put another 40K kms on it! I started out about 10 years ago with a 1980’s Honda 500 when I got my motorcycle learners and then bought a used Burgman 650. The Silverwing is a much nicer bike to ride than the Burgman in my opinion! From the Burgman I went to a Kawasaki Concourse 1400, then a Kawasaki KLR, then to a Goldwing and then a VStrom 1000. Funny how I’ve worked my way back to a scooter but this thing is awesome and does everything I want out of a bike. I had the taste for more power back then and the Goldwing was a beautiful bike on the highway but just too dang heavy! Not good in the city for me. The Silverwing has ample power and nice and steady on the highway. Super happy with it except for the fact that I have long legs and the seat doesn’t quite go back far enough. I’m hoping to eventually find an aftermarket seat. Any suggestions would be awesome! I also hope to do my own servicing on this bike as from what I have read they are easy to work on. Already found lots of videos and info on here.
Anyway, thanks for having me in the group! Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Calgary Alberta Canada!   Hello from Calgary Alberta Canada! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2022 11:39 am

Hello Clint. Welcome to the forum.

Regarding your long legs, you might want to remove the butt stop and raise it to a back rest. Use the Search window, above, to search “butt rest to back rest”. Or Google the same. It’s a DIY conversion but there always seem to be a couple to those things on eBay too.
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Calgary Alberta Canada!   Hello from Calgary Alberta Canada! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2022 5:52 pm

Welcome aboard the board Clint from a fellow Canuk.  Follow Tim's "search" advice and you'll discover a couple of different options to squeeze a couple more inches out of the stock seat set-up.
Back to top Go down
BrianInVA
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
BrianInVA

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2022-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Calgary Alberta Canada!   Hello from Calgary Alberta Canada! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2022 6:14 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:

Regarding your long legs, you might want to remove the butt stop and raise it to a back rest. Use the Search window, above, to search “butt rest to back rest”. Or Google the same. It’s a DIY conversion but there always seem to be a couple to those things on eBay too.

I’ve found just removing the butt rest altogether provides the most leg room. The butt rest to lower back rest is great on trips.

Apparently those conversion kits are no longer available on eBay, so it would have to be a diy effort.
Back to top Go down
cjkniss
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Calgary Alberta Canada!   Hello from Calgary Alberta Canada! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2022 11:30 pm

Thanks all! I will search the options you all gave me. Cheers!!
Back to top Go down
cjkniss
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Calgary Alberta Canada!   Hello from Calgary Alberta Canada! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2022 10:20 am

BrianInVA wrote:
Cosmic_Jumper wrote:

I’ve found just removing the butt rest altogether provides the most leg room. The butt rest to lower back rest is great on trips.

Apparently those conversion kits are no longer available on eBay, so it would have to be a diy effort.

Thank you for that suggestion!  I removed the butt rest and also put on my air hawk inflatable seat. I can now flatfoot on the front footrests and still back far enough to not get the wind buffeting too badly. Love this bike!
Back to top Go down

Hello from Calgary Alberta Canada!
Page 1 of 1