Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Givi top case I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 2:50 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Givi top case I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Givi top case I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Givi top case I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Givi top case I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Givi top case I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Givi top case I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Givi top case I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Givi top case I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Givi top case I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Givi top case

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fs23454
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2022-07-24

Givi top case Empty
PostSubject: Givi top case   Givi top case I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2022 6:52 pm

I have gone over all or most posts concerning a givi top case but, no answer to basic questions. That is;
1. How do you ID an existing Givi topcase? Yes, I have read posts that state. "Well, it looks like this or that" not much help.if you are trying to decide what to by.
2, What size and model is the preferred by most on this site and why? There seems to be 19 liter up to 56 liter. Obviously, a 56 liter would be quite large for a Silverwing.

I would appreciate any information "on" this topic.
Thank you
fs23454
(Old Salt)
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3294
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Givi top case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi top case   Givi top case I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2022 7:32 pm

I used Givi E-46----little heavy for
silverwing.....and of course with Givi Rack. My
Bestem smaller box probably worked better----Dog rode in both, hole cut in lid for head stick out.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Givi top case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi top case   Givi top case I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2022 8:03 pm

Givi 46L seems to be pretty popular. But Shad or Bestem is a pretty good option as well. It all depends on what you expect to store in one.

FWIW The top case on the current forum photo appears to be a 40L Shad. It looks to be just large enough to store a full face helmet.
Back to top Go down
fs23454
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Givi top case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi top case   Givi top case I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2022 8:10 pm

Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4174
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Givi top case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi top case   Givi top case I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2022 12:04 am

I'm a big fan of Givi too boxes, I've been using the E55 for over twelve years now. Originally I bought it for the new Silver Wing I'd purchased after using the E52 for a few years on a couple of previously owned Burgmans. My criteria is if you can't get two full face helmets in a top box it isn't worth buying.

I have used smaller capacity Givi top boxes back when they offered a limited range, they now seem primitive to the current range.

I sold that E52 a couple of months ago as it was never used once the E55 was bought.

Personally I never found the E55 too large or heavy for the Silver Wing even heavily loaded. Neither have I believed any of the 'top boxes ruin handling' nonsense that occasionally surfaces on maxi forums.

My E55 top box is now a permanent fixture on my Forza 300 and has been ever since Givi manufactured the set of rear rails for the Forza allowing me to fit a Givi Monokey rear rack.

It complements the Forza perfectly, looks a lot better than the overpriced and smaller colour matched Honda top box offers.

It's there fitted to my Forza on my avatar pic of the Forza 300.

So far, the two different rear rack and plate set ups Givi manufacture for to attach their top boxes to hasn't been mentioned.

Monokey, the system for larger top boxes, and the completely different Monorack set up used mainly for the smaller one helmet type top boxes.

The mounting brackets to lock the box onto the luggage plate differ on Monokey and Monolock. You can't fit Monolock top boxes to a Monokey plate, or a Monokey box to a Monolock plate.

This set up also applies to the Kappa range of top boxes and rear racks.

As for checking Givi top box sizes, it couldn’t be simpler, a Givi E55 is 55 litres capacity, their website also tells you whether they're a Monokey or Monolock box, and a few top box sizes are available for both.

Shad are a Spanish company and their approach is different from Givi/Kappa. When you buy one of their top boxes, also supplied is the rear rack and plate for it.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3788
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Givi top case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi top case   Givi top case I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2022 4:11 am

Same here.
Honda Motorcycles fitted the E55 to my Forza before I collected it. Paul, the salesman, admitted that he'd thought that box wouldn't be right but changed his mind when he saw it in place.
I always had E52s on my Silverwings.
The Shad SH40 I have on my electric scooter is very good; it's smaller, taking one helmet and a few bits tucked in round it, and is flimsier than the Givi
Monokey boxes but does the job very well.

Last edited by MikeO on Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fs23454
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Givi top case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi top case   Givi top case I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2022 7:01 am

Good info. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Givi top case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi top case   Givi top case I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Givi top case
Page 1 of 1