Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Numbers if your'e curious. I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Numbers if your'e curious. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Numbers if your'e curious. I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Numbers if your'e curious. I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Today at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Numbers if your'e curious. I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Numbers if your'e curious. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Numbers if your'e curious. I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Numbers if your'e curious. I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Numbers if your'e curious. I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

» Overheat problem
Numbers if your'e curious. I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Numbers if your'e curious.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sc00ter
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2018-07-16

Numbers if your'e curious. Empty
PostSubject: Numbers if your'e curious.   Numbers if your'e curious. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2022 10:50 pm

My wife had her Silverwing sell today for $9000. After the 20% consignment fee she walked away with $7200. She was happy and the buyer must have been happy. He now has on consignment a $24,000 Motor Triked Honda Goldwing! This Goldwing is EPIC large. He was downsizing trikes.

The dealer (Honda of Norfolk) also has a red 2002 Swing for sale on consignment. Asking $5000. I think its steep but didn't look at it, so I don't really know. I'm sticking to my 150cc scooters for now unless something falls in my lap for a great price.

Wonder if the new owner will pop-up here. Also curious if the red Swing is Evil Twins old Swing. Red ones are kind of rare and if I recall, his was red.

So anyways, that's the numbers!

Back to top Go down
zrx212
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2020-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Numbers if your'e curious.   Numbers if your'e curious. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2022 7:09 am

Yes, the vehicle market is crazy, shortages, whether real, fake or ..., all vehicles are selling ridiculously high and dealer fees are Mad got several "Guaranteed/Sight Unseen" offers for my 3yr old car for +$500 more of what I paid OTD, including taxes + fees scratch , Lots of new owners here and over at BUSA (Burgman site), some paying top dollar for well used scooters, if they can find one.
Back to top Go down
gustav
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2019-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Numbers if your'e curious.   Numbers if your'e curious. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2022 9:31 pm

Well, I'm going to chime in here. The wife and I love our 2013 SilverWing. How ever, I'm not getting any younger and the weight of the 'Wing is up there. Was looking at the specs of the Kymco 500, dang near 100 lbs lighter! That being said, we are sticking with the 'Wing
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2592
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Numbers if your'e curious.   Numbers if your'e curious. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2022 8:26 am

gustav wrote:
Well, I'm going to chime in here. The wife and I love our 2013 SilverWing. How ever, I'm not getting any younger and the weight of the 'Wing is up there. Was looking at the specs of the Kymco 500, dang near 100 lbs lighter! That being said, we are sticking with the 'Wing

The weight does become a factor especially as we age... My 2015 Forza is about 100 pounds lighter than my Silver Wing but the penalty comes on long highway runs... The Wing is MUCH easier to ride on long trips and more powerful! But the Forza zips around town much easier.

The difference between my 900 pound Goldwing and the 550 pound Silver Wing was amazing to be sure. But the bikes are designed for different purposes.
Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2018-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Numbers if your'e curious.   Numbers if your'e curious. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2022 10:52 am

I forgot to mention the wifes Silverwing has a Motor Trike conversion.
Back to top Go down

Numbers if your'e curious.
Page 1 of 1