Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Glove box lid won't open properly I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Glove box lid won't open properly I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Glove box lid won't open properly I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Glove box lid won't open properly I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Glove box lid won't open properly I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Glove box lid won't open properly I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Glove box lid won't open properly I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Glove box lid won't open properly I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Glove box lid won't open properly I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Glove box lid won't open properly I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Glove box lid won't open properly

Go down 
+2
Loosemarbles
nyarlotep
6 posters
AuthorMessage
nyarlotep
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Glove box lid won't open properly Empty
PostSubject: Glove box lid won't open properly   Glove box lid won't open properly I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2022 7:40 pm

The non-locking right-hand glove box pocket on both my 2002 and 2003 SWing won't open easily. The push-to-open latch doesn't seem to function properly any more. I was thinking about just breaking off the tab from the door and epoxying magnets on to latch it instead, but wondered if anyone has tips on making the push-release mechanism work properly first.
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1553
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Glove box lid won't open properly   Glove box lid won't open properly I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 3:02 pm

This happened to my SW and on inspection I noticed that one of the 'jaws' on the lower part of the latch had snapped off.

I fitted a complete new latch (top and bottom) and it works fine. Naturally, one has to be gentle when using this glove box in any case.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Glove box lid won't open properly   Glove box lid won't open properly I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 3:43 pm

I got so annoyed with that right side cubby lid popping open on bumpy roads and spilling the contents that I replaced that entire cubby assembly with the later model (2007+) “padded” black assembly. Later I bought all the stuff to change the left cubby lid to the similar thing. Unfortunately it became such a major PITA to remove that upside down screw holding the cubby spring / hinge that I opted to remove the Front Cover to take off the pocket just to access that upside down screw for the lid. Making those changes really made the SW more enjoyable. YMMV

https://www.silverwing600.com/t4677-parts-list-for-up-dating-glove-box-covers?highlight=Change+glove+box+lid
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2022-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Glove box lid won't open properly   Glove box lid won't open properly I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 3:51 pm

You know, I’ve wondered this myself- I bought the OEM red plastics as at the left front of mine (just to the left of the left pocket lid) there is a broken piece (trying to get it all in order like new which may be a somewhat futile effort)- if I elected to change the lids and keep the red that I already purchased, are the black ones compatible with the painted red type assuming I buy the lid and underpinnings?

I realized this late and now am wondering if I should just covert it all to the newer model year black plastics.

As for the OP, I have a bunch of neodymium magnets that I’ve used for a similar purpose in the wife’s Cadillac to keep the vanity mirror cover from dropping down- they’re pretty cheap and work well (I think they’re 5 mm in diameter)
Back to top Go down
MUCHoldERwingguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2022-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Glove box lid won't open properly   Glove box lid won't open properly I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 6:16 pm

My 05 still functions ok but I do like the magnet idea.
Back to top Go down
Terry Smith
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Terry Smith

Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2020-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Glove box lid won't open properly   Glove box lid won't open properly I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 8:13 pm

Why not just replace the damaged latch? Very cheap ($3.50 at PZ).

64466-MCT-000
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Glove box lid won't open properly   Glove box lid won't open properly I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Glove box lid won't open properly
Page 1 of 1