Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Danimal aka DanB is back I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Danimal aka DanB is back I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Danimal aka DanB is back I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Danimal aka DanB is back I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Today at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Danimal aka DanB is back I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Danimal aka DanB is back I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Danimal aka DanB is back I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Danimal aka DanB is back I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Danimal aka DanB is back I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

» Overheat problem
Danimal aka DanB is back I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Danimal aka DanB is back

Go down 
+2
MikeO
Danimal
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Danimal
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2022-05-11

Danimal aka DanB is back Empty
PostSubject: Danimal aka DanB is back   Danimal aka DanB is back I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2022 7:38 am

It seems as though I’d joined this forum back in 2015 when I bought my 03 SW under user name DanB. When I tried logging on yesterday I’d forgotten my user name and password and so here I am using the name given to me by another rider when I used to ride with a group of road bikers (bicycles). I was the old man in the group that could smoke the young whippersnappers on the hills. They’d attack it to early and too strong and I’d just pass them every time as they were spent. For that, I earned the name Danimal (btw I’m 72).

So, what brings me back? Several years ago my wife had breast cancer and survived but her health isn’t the same now and can’t ride with me anymore. I’d lost interest and my SW just sat in storage and decided recently to sell it. What a shock that was as all I got was low offers. I’d recently sold my Kymco 250 and made more on that sale than what I was being offered for the SW. At 46,000 miles on my 03 SW, the mileage was killing me in the sale and there were lots of SW’s locally for sale, much newer with low mileage, going for only a couple grand. I just couldn’t bear to just give it away and when the fuel costs broke 4.00 a gallon in East Texas a light bulb lit up for me that said; geez dude, you’ve got a 50 mpg vehicle that can save you a ton of money on gas.

So, yesterday I got the bike insured again, inspected and new tags and proud to say I’m back in the saddle. What a joy it was to ride my beloved SW again and bring it out of retirement. I’m a self employed General Contractor and often don’t need my pickup truck for doing bids, inspections and errands. Previously, I had been a licensed home inspector and would do home inspections on the bike. Those telescoping ladders fit nicely on the back seat. I’m even considering a trailer to wag for light duty home repairs.

The long and short of it is that I’m back now in the saddle on my SW and back here to connect with you guys again.

Dan Bowman
Troup, Tx (East Texas)
Back to top Go down
Danimal
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2022-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Danimal aka DanB is back   Danimal aka DanB is back I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2022 7:50 am

Here’s my 03, she’s a beauty for 19 years young. Danimal aka DanB is back 2884ea10
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3810
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Danimal aka DanB is back   Danimal aka DanB is back I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2022 9:13 am

Welcome back and thanks for the little bit of History!
As I get older and have time to think, I wonder sometimes what has happened to fellow-riders who disappear from forums I frequent. Smile
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2592
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Danimal aka DanB is back   Danimal aka DanB is back I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2022 9:40 am

Welcome back, Dan! Enjoy the fuel savings!
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4192
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Danimal aka DanB is back   Danimal aka DanB is back I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2022 10:01 am

I'd say there's many reasons from forums, they lose interest, get banned, they aren't part of a clique like on a couple of forums I can think of. Then there's declining physical strength mobility and general health problems of maxi riders who are usually getting on a bit or retired

Members occasionally spit the dummy out over disagreements and comments and sulk off elsewhere. Then there's the ones that only join forums for the sole purpose of getting advice for mechanical problems and afterwards are never heard from again.

Would you ever know if  a long time member and irregular poster hangs up his helmet forever and shuffles off to the great greasy spoon in the sky. Most of the members on here that are having birthdays listed I've never heard of, and I doubt if some of the more elderly ones are still around.

In some cases members return under another forum name, Facebook now has maxi scooter groups covering all sorts of interests and it's easier to post and upload photos.
Back to top Go down
gustav
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2019-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Danimal aka DanB is back   Danimal aka DanB is back I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2022 11:46 am

Welcome back. Had my SilverWing out last night and thought, why do I have other bikes. The Swing does it all imo. Paul
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Danimal aka DanB is back   Danimal aka DanB is back I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2022 12:11 pm

Welcome back to the board Dan.
Back to top Go down

Danimal aka DanB is back
Page 1 of 1